Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search by EQ Item ID number? or the link spam string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search by EQ Item ID number? or the link spam string?

Would it be possible to include a search by the EQ item number? and/or the link spam from an item that you get with ;tell <link> ?

(Ideally, should be able to do a "what recipes does this make" search with those -- would save a second query).
    Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

I think that would be a problem since the EQ ID # doesn't match the ID # of items in EQTrader's database. Maybe one of the web moderator can explain but I'll bet it's not possible.

Grolyn Blacknife
    Beastlord
     T:7
     M:0
     T:6
     M:1
    Fletching:
     M:2
    Zira Blacknife
    Shaman
    Maelin Starpyre
    Vazaelle
    Reiseraa
    Necro
    Research:

Comment

I know what you're thinking (based on the other thread), and I'm working on something similar. =) Poke me in a day or two if I don't update this thread.
      Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
      Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
      Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
      Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Thanks KK

Comment

/poke KK

My hook script is just waiting for this....

Comment

I haven't forgotten. =) I've got a proof of concept up and running; I'm just waiting for some feedback on whether we actually want to implement this. (There are substantial and valid reasons why we may not want to do this, though I'm not going to discuss them here.)
            Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

And I am stubborn about only reading the code back end eqtraders section on weekends so I can concentrate on work doing the week. Kyros is probably waiting on my opinion on something and I will not be giving it until tomorrow
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Okay. But this request is only an improvement in efficiency - an exact lookup vs a fuzzy text search followed by a "recipes using this" search -- the LATTER already works.

(EDIT: former vs latter...)
                Last edited by Gaell Stormracer; 05-20-2007, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Any more feedback on this?

Comment

Coding's done, just waiting for the official announcement. =)

Comment

I see the announcement. Any chance at an XML web service? Come on, think RESUME BUILDING!

Comment

What's "RESUME BUILDING"?

I don't know if a pure "database server" would be a good idea, because there'd be no possibility of the Google ads helping to offset the extra workload, and because that might make it too easy for a data mining app to hammer the service...

Comment

Yeah, I doubt this would happen for a couple of reasons. First, like Gaell said, there's the issue of cost, and second, I'm not sure the database server could take the extra load.

Technically, it's pretty easy to code an XML quasi-service. (I wouldn't do it as a full-blown Web service, just a simple ID in the query string to return a pageful of XML.) But that opens the door to too many problematic issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X