Recipe: Combine Raw Amber Nihilite in Reinforced JC kit

Indigo Nihilite
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Ear Face Neck Wrist Fingers
    Size: TINY

Recipe: Combine Raw Indigo Nihilite in Reinforced JC kit

Note: When I did the combine, I received the message:
    You lack the knowledge to work with this material.
    and
    You have learned the recipe Raw Amber Nihilite (same for Indigo)

Stats above taken from recipe in my book for the items.
    Azoicia Deviante
    Tier'Dal Coercer ~ Heaven and Earth ~ Saryrn

i think the reason you are getting the messages of lacking knowledge is cuz the nihilite is a GoD type of gem. In fact the raw pale nihilite and raw shimmering nihilite is originally from GoD. To be able to work with the raw gems you have to do a tradeskill quest in abysmal sea.

Comment

I finished the refining quest in Abysmal Sea just last night, yet I still can't refine the Amber & Indigo Nihilite!
      Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
      Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
      Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
      Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

TS Quest

I did the JC quest in Abysmal ages ago. I'll go back to quest giver and make sure I didn't miss a step though.
        Azoicia Deviante

Comment

Originally posted by Angelsyn View Post
          I finished the refining quest in Abysmal Sea just last night, yet I still can't refine the Amber & Indigo Nihilite!
          Same problem here. Completed the quest yesterday and I still cannot refine the raw amer nihilite I have.

I did refine a raw shimmering nihilite so I know I have the proper flag from the quest and understand how the combines work.

Comment

Re: Difficulty refining materials

These are my thoughts regarding the difficulty posters above have had refinging various raw materials found as a result of the SoF patch:

1) Maybe there is a different quest to do to refine the materials, even though the reinforced jewelry kit is used.

2) Maybe the various players did everything correctly, but the quest / combine is broken, opps, I mean not performing to expectations.

3) Something totally different could be causing the problem.

Maybe everything is working correctly, and we just haven't found the solution yet. On the other hand, I loved that reply I saw from Ngreth where in he said "Doh!". Maybe that applies here instead. Obviously the jewelry revamp was a huge thing, and there may be a few loose nuts here and there.

Comment

Update

I went back to Abysmal Sea and did the Collect version of the tradeskill quest and it worked.

Indigo Nihilite
              Class: All
              Race: All

Jewelcraft Components: Raw Indigo Nihilite
              In: Reinforced Jewelry Kit
              Yield: 1-2
              Trivial at: 15

Amber Nihilite

Jewelcraft Components: Raw Amber Nihilite
              Yield: 1-2
              Trivial at: 15

Marquis Cut Amber Nihilite
              Augmentation
              Size: Tiny
              This Augmentation fits in slot types: 11 (Crafted: Group)
              Solvent: You must use the solvent Large Gem Glue Solvent to remove this augment safely

Jewelcraft Components: Amber Nihilite, Marquis Cut Tool, Jeweler's Glass
              On Failure Returns: Marquis Cut Tool, Jeweler's Glass
              On success returns: Oval Cut Tool, Marquis Cut Amber Nihilite

Marquis Cut Indigo Nihilite
              Augmentation
              Size: Tiny
              This Augmentation fits in slot types: 11 (Crafted: Group)

Solvent:
              You must use the solvent Large Gem Glue Solvent to remove this augment safely

Jewelcraft Components: Indigo Nihilite, Marquis Cut Tool, Jeweler's Glass
              On Failure Returns: Marquis Cut Tool, Jeweler's Glass
              On Success returns: Trillion Cut Tool, Marquis Cut Indigo Nihilite

The tool type on success return was consistent over 12 combines of each.
              Azoicia Deviante

Comment

I just tried to get the collect quest and it wouldn't let me... is it because I've already done the other one?

Do I need to bring my Pally out there and have her do the collect quest? I sure hope not.
                Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
                Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
                Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
                Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

I'm having the same issue, I did one of the collection quests, then went to do the other and he said to go back to the first chick and she wont offer me anything else...so I did the combines for both pale and shimmering and I can make them both, but now when I try to combine the Indigo, it says I can't do that in that container, which I did in the refined one...Any guesses??

All Trespassers Will Be Mezzed!!

Comment

Seems like if you did the freebie quest before the collection quest, it messes the whole thing up. I never did the collection quest, but did do the freebie quest, and then realized I needed to do collection, went to do it, and it says I've done it, but still can't refine the new stuff, just the shimmering and pale...bug reported.

All Trespassers Will Be Mezzed!!

Comment

as far as being bugged...i did the quest ages ago and have had no problems combining them. As far as their yeilds...it is the same as the GoD materials.
                      The more you combine with them the better you will get til you are always getting 3 at a time.

Comment

Amber nihilite/Indigo Nihilite

I just accidentally tried these combines with the wrong cut tool (in this case, Trillion Cut tool + Indigo Nihilite + Jewelers Glass) and I got a successful combine but the result was a Marquis Cut Indigo Nihilite...odd.

Akhnot

Comment

Ok more weirdness...now I made this combine with another odd result:
                          Amber nihilite + Marquis Cut tool + Jewelers Glass =
                          Marquis Cut Amber Nihilite (yay!)
                          Oval Cut tool (huh?)
                          Jewelers Glass (whew!)

Also it seems that Shimmering Nihilite, and Pale Nihilite (the refined forms) aren't cuttable gems?

Comment

Triv is 284 on marquise cut amber nihilite

'Nuff said.

Comment

Shimmering is possible I think but the ogre doesn't know what he's going to do with the Pale yet if I read it properly on another section here

Comment

Working...
                              X