Corrections to Fine Plate Dyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrections to Fine Plate Dyes

This is obviously a low-priority item, as I doubt anyone makes these any more, but still.

It appears that the old Fine Plate dye recipes have some errors.

First, for each dye, you list two recipes, one using Alchemy and one using Poison. This is incorrect. The extract for each dye is made using one of these two skills, but the final combine is a non-tradeskill, no-fail combine in a medium jar. You only need one recipe per dye for the final combine.

For example, with Blue Dye, the permafrost extract is made with either alchemy or poison-making, but the final combine is the same regardless of whether you made the extract using Alchemy or Make Poison.

In addition, there is a discrepancy in the recipes for Black Dye and Red Dye. One recipe lists it as needing one resin; the other requires two. I believe that Black dye only needs one resin (it's technically dark grey, if you follow the naming pattern), while Red requires two.

Finally, the Make Poison version of the recipe for Light Blue Dye has an incorrect container; it should be a medium jar, not a mortar and pestle. The trivial should be no-fail.

I think that's all the errors I saw.

For your reference, here is a list of all the fine plate dyes I found and checked.

Dark Blue Dye
    Dark Green Dye
    Dark Red Dye
    Dark Yellow Dye

Light Blue Dye
    Light Green Dye
    Light Grey Dye
    Light Red Dye
    Light Yellow Dye

Black Dye
    Blue Dye
    Brown Rust Dye
    Green Dye
    Grey Dye
    Red Dye
    Red Rust Dye
    Yellow Dye
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

BUMP - Don't want to forget this...
    Brother Krazick Bloodyscales 65th Trial Scaley Transcendent
    Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
    --Officer of The Renegades--
    --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

Another bit that is incorrect:
      'permafrost crystals, water flask, Empty Vial' in 'mortar and pestle' does NOT return Empty Vial on failure.

(combine done as a wizard, 5 out of 9 succes)

Comment

Alright, I'm pretty sure I've sorted this whole mess out. I think. I hope.
        Retiree of EQ Traders...
        Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
        Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
        Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
        EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

I've looked them over briefly; they mostly seem correct. One thing that jumped out at me is that the final combine (in the jars) is listed as alchemy for all of these; the line reads:

"To make (color) dye (Alchemy: Yield 1, trivial no fail), Combine the following in a medium clay jar"

Technically, this is a non-tradeskill combine, not an alchemy one.

Other than that, it all seems good.
          Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

Unfortunately we can't put in recipes without a skill attached to them. I've changed them to pottery to help reduce the confusion a bit. With the no fail tag on there though, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I also see the dyes aren't showing up on the fine plate dyes page so I'll see what we can do about that.
            Retiree of EQ Traders...

Comment

Kyros! Lookie here! And as a complement to the New and Improved fine plate dyes page, there's now a master All About Dyes page with links to more info on Prismatic and Ribbon dyes. Those both still need fleshing out, but I'll be getting there.

The recipe pages for fine plate dyes (now called extracts under alchemy and make poison) have also been corrected, along with brewing, which was affected by the changes to prismatic dyes that were made along the way.

It only took us a year and three months (exactly!) but this thread can finally be sent to its deserved resting place.
              Retiree of EQ Traders...

Comment

Most excellent! Many kind thanks. =)

One more bit of obscure historical trivia, archived for posterity. =)

Comment

Working...
                X