EQ2 Traders Corner Forums  

Go Back   EQ2 Traders Corner Forums > Tradeskills > General Trade Skill Discussion

Old 12-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Niami DenMother
'Mum

Exclamation Reactants for TS Apprentice Recipes

These do not fit in the storage depot, nor do they list level information on examine, so this is another handy thing to put on a cheat sheet, player made notebook, etc.
  • level 10 - Humming Reactant
  • level 20 - Murmuring Reactant
  • level 30 - Simmering Reactant
  • level 40 - Powerful Reactant
  • level 50 - Aberrant Reactant
  • level 60 - Anomalous Reactant
  • level 70 - Phenomenal Reactant
  • level 80 - Momentous Reactant
  • level 90 - Colossal Reactant

These will drop from heroics. And not all heroics in every tier, just some. If you can confirm a drop for one of these, please post in this thread and I will start up a master list of known drop locations.

Additionally, you can hail your apprentice daily (11 pm Pacific is the start of the next "day") to craft some replacement gear for them, and be rewarded with a random tradeskill goodie, which has a slim chance at being one of the above reactants.

Last edited by Niami DenMother; 12-18-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Niami DenMother
'Mum

Tier-appropriate reactants can be given as rewards from the quest to speed up your apprentice's research. In addition, they can be found in exquisite chests in various locations - generally this means killing a named, but once in a while, you can get such a chest to drop from a normal trash mob. Here are some of the confirmed locations:
  • humming reactant (10) - Wailing Caves
  • murmuring reactant (20) - ice mane cub (9) in Frostfang Sea?! (level mismatch seems askew), Stormhold
  • simmering (30) - Weavemaster in Ruins of Varsoon
  • powerful reactant (40) - Ringmaster in Kaladim
  • aberrant (50) - Waterworker Supervisor Grimbolt (Klak'anon)
  • phenomenal (70) - yard trash (drachnid) master chest drop in Kylong Plains
  • momentous (80) - Sundered Frontier instances, higher level drachnids in Kylong, some DoV heroics
  • colossal (90) - level 91+ heroics in high-end DoV dungeons

Please post confirmed drops in this thread, and I will add them to the list.

Last edited by Niami DenMother; 12-26-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: updated with more drop info
Old 12-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
phrancie
EQ2LLinks Administrator

Default EQ2LLinks

I'm starting to see some of the location drops filter into the EQ2LLinks.com database. Head on over there (can't post links yet....only my first post) and search for "reactant".

-Phrancie
EQ2LLinks Administrator
phrancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
Niami DenMother
'Mum

Thanks, Phrancie - will do once I get the apprentice quest bug report submitted, etc.

~Mum
Old 12-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Shadstalker
Visitor

Momentous reactant drops in sundres frontier instances. One of rare named in library (only metal chest I got in zone) and one of dial named in conservatory, again a metal chest.

So even though SF is 80-90 it looks like it is only dropping lvl 80 reactants. DOV is the place to go for 90. I'll box a few zones tomorrow and see what I get.
Shadstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #6
kelmar11
Visitor

Question Not only heroics

I got disco for a murmuring on The Bazaar off of a level 9 ice mane cub! So maybe there will be more than we think.
kelmar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #7
Seablade
Visitor

Default Humming Reactant Location

I found Humming Reactant in the Exquisite Chest of a Ree Spirit Keeper in the Wailing Caves at -179, -56, -10.
I also found a Humming Reactant in the Exquisite Chest of Lord Ree in the Wailing Caves.
Seablade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #8
Reaux
Visitor

Mentored down & cleared all of DFC. Didn't get a single one.
Reaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
Elspaeth
Visitor

I have 10 tradeskillers, and I've been able to do the daily crafting quest precisely once (is that the bug? I haven't been able to get the quest again, although I've been able to do the mentoring time reduction quest several times a day, both of which seem to be wrong.)

Anyway, from 10 quests I got 1 colossal reactant (!) and two rares. So I'm not sure how slim a change it's going to be. I'm definitely hoping to be able to do the quest daily Real Soon Now.
Elspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
Niami DenMother
'Mum

The daily being broken was a bug, should have been fixed with today's patch. I'll run all 16 through if it lets me and see what I get (none yet for me out of the 16)

Will update the master list in a bit.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #11
Elspaeth
Visitor

I'm definitely able to pick up the daily tradeskill quest again. I guess we won't know until tomorrow if it's actually solved . Is the ability to mentor multiple times during the day also fixed today?
Elspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #12
Macon_Bacon
Visitor

Aberrant Reactant drop in Klak'Anon off Waterwork Supervisor Grimbolt.
Macon_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #13
Valendur
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspaeth View Post
I'm definitely able to pick up the daily tradeskill quest again. I guess we won't know until tomorrow if it's actually solved . Is the ability to mentor multiple times during the day also fixed today?
Yes, it's fixed.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:24 AM   #14
Lithillia
Visitor

Found a Phenomenal Reactant in KP doing the writs killing the drachnids. Masterchest drop of a trash mob.

Never seen these before, the items looked good and the stats was very nice.

//Lith
Lithillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #15
kelmar11
Visitor

Smile Lucky day!

I know you are going to think I am lying, but I got a colossal reactant off of doing the speed up quest for my apprentice! This game just keeps getting better and better.
kelmar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
Rache
Visitor

Default Momentous Reactants

Got two momentous reactants from exquisite chests in Kylong plains in the den of the widow mistress.
Rache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #17
MasterArmorer
Visitor

It seems that i am hearing more and more that the lower lvl reactants are dropping much easier than the lvl 90 ones. i ran all instance in the SF zone with around 10 fabled boxes dropping and only fabled gear or master coming from it.
MasterArmorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #18
Niami DenMother
'Mum

We were told that the level 90 stuff, which makes some really amazing stuff, would be especially rare. Now we're seeing that in action. Hang in there. They ARE dropping, just very, very, very sparsely.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #19
Valendur
Contributor

Based on info from another thread, the mob needs to be level 91+ to get a Colossal Reactant. SF has some, but not all instance bosses are 91+ in SF.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 AM   #20
Catin
Visitor

Default Is the RNG working properly?

I may just be colossally lucky but I've dropped two Colossal Reactants in three days from doing the quest to help the Apprentice(s). OK I have 12 Apprentices but I'm sure there are people with more. Has anyone else noticed this? Or are we keeping vary quite about it?

I've only had the expansion three days, as I bought it with Station Cash on the Triple Station Cash day.
Catin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #21
MasterArmorer
Visitor

Ok so the level 91 heroic and above isn't right. Yesterday I was in GD messing around and saw a level 92 ^^ Heroic, so i decided to kill it. Lucky me it dropped a fabled box. Well when opening the box i received a level 80 reactant. I know these things are around but SOE really did a terrible job with the drop rate on the level 90 reactants vs the 80 and below. I did feel that it was right that I killed a level 92 ^^ Heroic at get a level 80 drop.
MasterArmorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #22
oshunmoon
Visitor

The simmering dropped for me off the Weavemaster in Ruins of Varsoon.
oshunmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:34 AM   #23
aurei
Visitor

hi, i may be dense today, as I cant seem to find any info, on how to use the reactants, I did see something mentioning takes days till can be used, is this linked to apprentices, do they make them, if so how? do u pass them reactants?, or some other means ?
aurei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #24
Niami DenMother
'Mum

Aurei - the apprentices research special new fabled recipes for you to craft. Those recipes use reactants as the primary ingredient. So, once your apprentice has finished researching a recipe for you, you can craft that recipe if you have the proper reactant.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #25
aurei
Visitor

ty naomi, its been a confusing time for me over this xmas due to painkillers, and havent been able to digest info properly since op on 20th, but am healing well , apart from my drifting memory of how things should be, and not seeing everything in its proper sense, at moment, its nice to have a clear precise wording to show me whats , what P have a good year and keep up your magnificent work
aurei is offline   Reply With Quote