EQ2 Traders Corner Forums  

Go Back   EQ2 Traders Corner Forums > Tradeskills > Transmuting (Adorning)

Old 04-25-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Valendur
Contributor

Default Adorning Daily Tasks?!?

Went to New Halas on Test server today and found an NPC in the crafting area offering "Adorning Daily Tasks" but since I was on a new character, all he said was to go learn adorning at the BB dock. Any additional info?
Old 04-25-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
Niami DenMother
'Mum

This just went onto Test Friday night, and it is my understanding that it needs a few fixes still.

Patience, grasshopper. The patch to Test was HUGE, and it'll take a bit before it can all be checked out and a preview written.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Valendur
Contributor

OK, so today I made my way to the BB dock and learned adorning and came back to talk to the guy.

He gave me a recipe book I could not scribe (skill required 50) and enough components for a single combine. Said I needed to make 12 of [recipe I could not scribe]. Hopefully it has a yield of 12. He also said I had to provide the fuel and it would NOT be reimbursed. Still a lot cheaper than the alternative. That's about all I can do on a newbie toon. Hope this helps!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
Niami DenMother
'Mum

The short answer is that these are tasks that you can perform daily, to level up adorning without chewing through your expensive adorn components. However, the skillups still do come with a cost. While you are awarded a city token, and a bit of faction with your home crafting society, you do not get reimbursed for fuel costs.

The current version of it allows completion of the quest (at least for the level 400+ version), though there's still some quirks with the materials that they give you, and asked for the creation of 10 items, with materials other than fuel provided by the quest NPC. I'll try with different skill level adorners as time permits, but full details will be waiting for another patch to see what gets tweaked.

~Mum
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #5
Heal
Visitor

Can you confirm that New Halas is the only location with an adorning daily tradeskill writ giver?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
Niami DenMother
'Mum

I keep forgetting to make up a formal quest page.

The adorning daily task giver should be in every crafting society hub. (For example, Londiar is standing next to the work bench that is partway up the stairs to the second floor of Ironforge Exchange in NQeynos)
Old 06-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
MistrOrnge
Visitor

Yes daily quest
+300 Ironforge Exchange I believe
Grukk 90th Berzerker
Shun 90th Templar, 90th Sage- epic crafter
Elaare 90th Coercer & 90th Jeweler- epic crafter

Group B
Rlaorn 90th Mystic
Krazak 90th Wizard & 90th Woodworker - epic crafter
Sabanil 90th Fury
Iwkiih 90th Troubadour Tinkerer (450)
Bellari 90th Illusionist

Yulid 90th Conjuror, 90th Tailor & Tinker (450)- epic crafter
Yewe 90th Warden
Malinko 90th Guardian, Tinkerer (450) & 90th Armorer- epic crafter
Kurrmit 90th Weaponsmith- epic crafter
Shykrull 90th Alchemist- epic crafter
Shangrilah 90th Provisioner- epic crafter

6 boxer extraordinaire on the Najena server
MistrOrnge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:39 AM   #8
Trinkett
Visitor

Not sure if it's a bug, but every time I complete the Adorning daily task in New halas, i get a monetary reward as well as the city token and faction. It pops up as a separate reward window. 8 silver, ? copper. I will try and remember to get the exact number next time i do the quest. So, that more than covers the cost of the fuel. The quest dialog does talk about us having to eat the cost of the fuel, so this is likely a bug that will get fixed, but nice while it lasts!

- Myrka on Freeport Server

Visit Tunare's Benevolence
Trinkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 AM   #9
Trinkett
Visitor

Ok, did the quest again today. He asks that you make him 10 items, but always gives enough ingredients for 11. Making the 11th one does not give you an item in your inventory, but can give a skillup. When I do the turn-in, the first box the pops up is Quest Reward, 8silver 64copper. Once I accept that one, then next box pops up. Quest Reward, City Token, +300 Ravens of the North. My random thought today was maybe the money is for the 11th one? I've always made 11, and always received the 2 Quest Reward boxes.
So, anyone else have or have not received a money reward? Are you working in New halas or elsewhere? did you make the 11th one or just 10?

- Myrka on Freeport server

Visit Tunare's Benevolence
Trinkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
Therendil
Super Moderator

I'll have to check this out. Used to be that fuel costs for the Adorning Daily Task came out of your own pocket. Sounds like this may no longer be true, and that the task reimburses fuel costs the same way writs do.
I usually do the daily task fairly often, but I've been distracted with the beta and with catch-up work on Test.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
Therendil
Super Moderator

Well, I just did the daily task in Qeynos and got the result described. Londiar handed me 8s 64c in addition to the City Token and faction blip.

No way this is fuel reimbursement. I'm making Smoldering adornments now and that's 20g worth of fuel spent. The quest dialog also still specifies that fuel costs are not reimbursed.

Not sure what's going on.