EQ2 Traders Corner Forums  

Go Back   EQ2 Traders Corner Forums > Tradeskills > Housing Furniture and Décor

Old 12-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
bardbear
Contributor

Default prestige housing

With the (today only!) sale going on, i was looking at some of the prestige housing. But there is no "preview" option for the houses in the store. How can I see what the homes look like before i spend my precious station cash on them?
bardbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
Therendil
Administrator

You should be able to take a tour of any Prestige Home just as you can with standard housing. You can do this at the housing portals in Qeynos and Freeport. Right click on the portal, select Tour, and then choose a house. You can also Visit a house if the owner has allowed that access. This can be useful to see how people decorate. Anyone who has a sales display in their home automatically allows Visit access.

-= Therendil =-
Old 12-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
bardbear
Contributor

Thanks! I found an online site last night (oh Google how i love/loathe thee) that had still pictures of many of the locations.

I did not know about the right click options for housing - that is a wondrous thing to discover.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
Therendil
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardbear View Post
I did not know about the right click options for housing - that is a wondrous thing to discover.
Yes. That drove me nuts for a while because it seems backwards. I would expect to choose a house and then decide whether to visit, tour or buy. But it doesn't work that way. One thing I have learned in this game is that it is always a good idea to right click on things if they don't respond to a left click the way you expect. That applies to everything - not just the housing portals.

-= Therendil =-
Old 12-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
bardbear
Contributor

i need to remember that idea. I am back after a long absence (i quit shortly after Kunark), and am playing catch up on everything. So many new things: adorning, reforging (what ever that is, i can't figure it out from the NPC for the life of me), all the new quests and zones... sheesh, i have lots of fun ahead of me.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #6
Niami DenMother
'Mum

Reforging - if you have legendary or better gear (so no mastercrafted, etc) that you love but it has some blue stat on it that you don't like (such as AE autoattack, when you're not the sort that wants everything in the area angry at you). then you can go to the reforging NPC and ask if it can be replaced with some other stat. Your options are limited, and you may not be able to replace the whole thing, but it can help make something that is "nice, but" into something nicer.

The other part of reforging is if you have a legendary or better weapon that you want to use for appearance (yeah, this is why some of the appearance weapons are legendary), you can use an "___ essence of ___" to add some pretty particle effects. The quest that the reforger had you do was to earn such an essence. Some can also be researched by apprentices in the 90s, and others are chest drops.

Does that not-yet-caffeinated brain dump help?

~Mum
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
Therendil
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardbear View Post
...a long absence (i quit shortly after Kunark), and am playing catch up on everything.
That's an understatement. Yes, you have some serious catching up to do. The game has changed a lot in that time.

Well, don't be afraid to ask.

-= Therendil =-