EQ2 Traders Corner Forums  

Go Back   EQ2 Traders Corner Forums > Tradeskills > General Trade Skill Discussion

Old 01-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
Elspaeth
Contributor

Default My apprentices levelled up?

I just noticed today that three of my apprentices are now Journeyman instead of Apprentice. Is this based on the number of recipes researched? They're not the oldest apprentices I have, and they're all fairly low level, so they've churned out a good number of recipes.
Elspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Balthozzar
Visitor

That is interesting. Do you notice any difference in the research times between that apprentice and others?
Balthozzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #3
Niami DenMother
'Mum

The name change happened somewhere around the 10 recipes researched mark. I'll have to remember when doing the apprentice runs tomorrow to compare their research times with the apprentice times for the same tier. (Only the low-level mules have Journeyman apprentices now, since the 90s are doing the slower high-end research.)
Old 02-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Aeriel
Apprentice Trader

The name change does not appear to make any difference to the time taken to research recipes. I just checked with my level 90 Provisioner's apprentice researcher and my level 38 Provisioner's journeyman researcher. The times required to research the lower level recipes were the same.

Perhaps you get a better chance of a goody when you turn in the quest to a journeyman researcher? But it will be a long long time before I have enough data to say

Aeriel
Aeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
Balthozzar
Visitor

It is good to have confirmation on the research time, at least. Personally, I think that there definitely should be some kind of bonus. There needs to be some incentive to spread out what tiers people research, instead of folks working their way from the top down.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
Elspaeth
Contributor

I'm a little concerned about this . With 12 (now 15) apprentices in the same house, I decided to name them according to my characters, so I'd know which one was which. So there's Apprentice to Elspaeth, Apprentice to Khaer, etc.

Now that some of them are Journeymen, Journeyman to Arenne isn't too bad, but doesn't work quite so well. But if they keep getting new names, my guess is that sooner or later they become Master to <character>. I guess before then I need to give them real names.
Elspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
lnxam
Visitor

Is it just me or is naming them rather a necessity? Even though only the one belonging to that toon will reply, I have all of mine in one house and it's hard to remember whose is whose, especially when the quest is ready to be turned in and they all have a book over their heads. I suppose I could just learn where I placed each one, but they are all side by side and it's too easy to confuse them.
lnxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
Therendil
Super Moderator

I decided not to put them all together because I knew I'd get confused if I did (and didn't realize at the time that I could name them.) If you put them all in one house, you really should name them.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #9
Rothrandir
Visitor

I name the apprentices the same as the character they belong to and customize their outfit to match as well. Its handy having them all in the same house with my personal harvest depot and crafting stations. Some of my alts even end up staying in the house for weeks without going outside
Rothrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
Therendil
Super Moderator

Having a personal depot and crafting stations in one house would certainly inspire me to keep all the apprentices there. So far I have not had the ambition to duplicate the crafting setup in the guild hall. Just don't have that much spare status to spend.

I do note that the apprentices have a short list of things they want, and that one would need only a loom, a forge and a woodworking table to make them all.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
lnxam
Visitor

If you are wanting to set up a crafting area for the apprentices keep in mind that you can buy the simple stations for just over 6k status. These are the ones that only make the first level of an item (which is fine for the apprentice quests). Granted they won't be good for anything you want to make to a pristine level, but compared with the almost 500k for each elaborate station it's definitely a cheaper way to go.
lnxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
Arabella
Feyiron Database Chef

A talented decorator friend of mine also put a city sign over each apprentice, as well as decorated around them accordingly. Very spiffy area.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
Niami DenMother
'Mum

As an FYI, your apprentice changes to an "Expert" tag at 25 recipes researched
Old 03-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #14
Rothrandir
Visitor

Congrats!
Rothrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
Sagefyre
Visitor

I am working hard to get mine up. At the same time getting the items you need for the great stuff you can make.
Sagefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
mamadukes
Visitor

Question

Was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the apprentices not leveling up. My jeweler has done 12 recipes and her apprentice has not leveled up to Journeyman yet, the other 8 leveled to Journeyman after 10 recipes completed.
mamadukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #17
Balthozzar
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadukes View Post
Was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the apprentices not leveling up. My jeweler has done 12 recipes and her apprentice has not leveled up to Journeyman yet, the other 8 leveled to Journeyman after 10 recipes completed.
I haven't had that problem, but I thought that there was a researching coach L (50) achievement. I haven't gotten that one but it should have happened weeks ago on all of my crafters. Isn't there also an achievement for researching recipes? Hypothesis: changes to the timing of the quests and coaching affected some people getting credit for the titles and/or achievements?
Old 03-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
Therendil
Super Moderator

This used to be a Coaching L achievement. I watched Mum get it few times.... I haven't gotten there myself, but then I have not been actually counting.