EQ2 Traders Corner Forums  

Go Back   EQ2 Traders Corner Forums > Tradeskills > Transmuting (Adorning)

Old 02-20-2007, 12:17 AM   #51
Devilsbane
Visitor

Ah, that was a long session. Okay the following info should help starting transmuters save coin and time.

Fury lvl 46
Provisioner lvl 41
156 points of Transmuting skill at start

Tier 1 (Trivial)
1s 4c cost per component (Vendor salvage price) total cost 52s
25 Lapis Lazuli Fragments
25 Ulteran Powders
7 point increase in Transmuting skill (163) (28%) (7s 43c per point cost)

Tier 2 (Trivial)
4s 17c cost per component (Vendor salvage price) total cost 2g 8s 50c
25 Coral Fragments
25 Aether Powders
8 point increase in Transmuting skill (171) (32%) (26s 6c per point cost)

Tier 3 (Very Easy)
16s 67c cost per component (Vendor salvage price) total cost 12g 50s 25c
50 Jasper Fragments
25 Phantom Powders
7 point increase in Transmuting skill (178) (28%) (1g 78s 61c per point cost)

Tier 4 (Even)
66s 67c cost per component (Vendor salvage price) total cost 66g 67s
75 Opal Fragments
25 Ethereal Powders
10 point increase in Transmuting skill (188) (40%) (6g 66s 70c per point cost)

As you can see even con recipes may come close to 50% skill ups each combine. The cost in coin and time is not worth it. It is much easier to get drops from tier 1 mobs, transmute them, and then skill up from the gray recipes. I shudder to think of the cost if all the components where purchased from the broker.
Devilsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #52
Lordebon
Barx AttheDatabase!

I know my results with T1 recipes has not been nearly that high... more like 10%. But still, it's cheaper. And I buy T1 up to about 50s each from the broker, and T2 and onwards up to 1g.
Raider in < Vigilance > of Crushbone

"Do no evil because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is just a petty one." - Liu Bei

Retired:
Barx Atthemoon - Druid, Master Tradesman
Officer of Golden Eagle Trading Company
EQ Live - Tarew Marr, Once and Forever!
Lordebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #53
pointytail
Visitor

Looks about on par with my averages (The T1s, anyways). Working my Transmuter up on nothing but T1 materials and up to 216 after a total of 420 adornments made. Haven't been tracking whether Legendary vs Treasure adornments provide a better % chance to skill up. Think I've made about 64 Legendary adornments so far. Figure it really didn't matter, since it is all gray. Did it in 3 sessions and tracked my average # of combines per skill-up and the total average. Guess I'll work in the percentages since that's fairly easy to do quickly.

47 Troubadour, 70 Tailor
Code:
   Combines   Skill-ups   Average   Total   % Chance   Total % Chance
#1   144         41       3.512     3.512   28.472     28.472
#2   172         40       4.300     3.901   23.256     25.633
#3   104         35       2.971     3.621   33.654     27.619
Old 03-28-2007, 10:46 AM   #54
Wara
Visitor

Does the quality of a mastercrafted item effect the outcome of fragments/ powder?
Wara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #55
Prrasha
Trader

Not in my experience, and I've never heard anyone suggest it did. My jeweler/transmuter has the dubious honor of several server discoveries on Najena for crude-level leather belts and tomes. Made dozens of them at each tier.
Prrasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #56
pointytail
Visitor

Bit of a late reply, but MC items such as Adept IIIs count as Legendary but the MC gear counts as Treasured. I will say this might not be set in stone for all tiers as I only bothered with T1 MC items as that is how I chose to skilled up.

Same observation made by Didi.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:55 AM   #57
Drael
Hobbyist

returning adventurer questions - transmuting related:

How does one get to a transm. trainer? For the BB Docks trainer, take the ship (yes, water, wood, floating) from Nek docks. Harbor master is silent but the boat comes about every 5 mins. Evil alt had no aggro in BBD

What level mobs do I farm for my non transm. alts book drops?

Is there a list of all the books that drop?

Should I make them all my (non tinker) alts transmuters so they can buy their books? If I did this insane thing, they would have to each lervel up their skill to access the books, yes? Or would their main craft level allow them to access a book their transm level isn't high enough for?

Which alt is the best one to level up in transm? ??The one I hunt with the most so they can use no trade quest rewards to skill up on?

Can I skill up solely on breaking down things or will I have to make adornments one day?

I'm confused - can I make spells to transmute or not?

Will post more if I stumble across em, lol. /wave and thanks!
Drael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:49 AM   #58
Lordebon
Barx AttheDatabase!

What level mobs do I farm for my non transm. alts book drops?
You can transmute items up to 5 levels higher than your current skill. So you have to start low and you'll slowly work your way up. I think thats the question you're asking, but I'm not sure.

Is there a list of all the books that drop?
Not sure what you mean. If you're talking about transuter recipe books, theres an "Enigma of the Transmuter Volume n" where n is from 1 - 7. For your regular artisan skill, there is "Enigma of the <AClass> Volume n".

Should I make them all my (non tinker) alts transmuters so they can buy their books? If I did this insane thing, they would have to each lervel up their skill to access the books, yes? Or would their main craft level allow them to access a book their transm level isn't high enough for?
If you want your alts to make their artisan class's adornments, they don't need to be a transmuter. There are some transmuter-only adornments but they're independent of artisan class, the rest any artisan with the proper level can make.

Which alt is the best one to level up in transm? ??The one I hunt with the most so they can use no trade quest rewards to skill up on?
I would say yeah, the one you use most often. Thats what I did, I have have boxes full of L60-70 treasured and legendaries waiting for me to munge when my skill gets high enough. Don't forget checking the broker tho -- you don't have to farm everything, you can buy stuff to munge too.

Can I skill up solely on breaking down things or will I have to make adornments one day?
You will gain skill points from the act of transmuting up to skill 100. After that you only gain skill points from the crafting adornments part of transmuting.

Apprentice level spells are "handcrafted" -- which is below treasured, so they cannot be transmuted. All "Mastercrafted" gear and spells is transmutable and is considered a treasured.

Hope that helps =)

"Do no evil because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is just a petty one." - Liu Bei

Retired:
Old 07-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #59
kieroth_whiteleaf
Expert Trader

Clarification:

Apprentice level spells are "handcrafted" -- which is below treasured, so they cannot be transmuted. All "Mastercrafted" gear and spells is transmutable and is considered a treasured.

As I understand it (I might be wrong) adept spells (made with a rare) are transmutable in the same manner that normal crafted gear is not transmutable but rares are.
kieroth_whiteleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #60
Lordebon
Barx AttheDatabase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieroth_whiteleaf View Post
As I understand it (I might be wrong) adept spells (made with a rare) are transmutable in the same manner that normal crafted gear is not transmutable but rares are.
Yep. Precisely what I said (for spells)

Retired:
Old 07-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #61
Prrasha
Trader

Confusingly, I think Apprentice spells are still marked Treasured, but they're not considered treasured for transmuting.

And unless it has changed recently, Adept3 spells transmute as through they were Legendary (infusion or powder)... all non-spell mastercrafted gear transmutes as Treasured (powder or fragment).
Old 10-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #62
KaraIblis
Visitor

Default pristine?

is there an increase in skill up chance for making the item pristine?
KaraIblis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #63
Prrasha
Trader

No, you just get more resources back (fragments for Treasured combines.)
Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #64
YurienStonebow
Visitor

Question

ok so i'm completely lost. transmute lwo lvl gear i get that part. i've got a bag full of lvl10 and under gear. none of it can be transmuted at my current lvl. i managed to raise my skill to 17 off two combines and got a couple lapis lazuil frags.

what am i missing and where do i get it?
YurienStonebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:12 AM   #65
Aeriel
Apprentice Trader

I think from your post you realise that there are now two skills - transmuting and adorning. Quite a lot of the discussion in this thread relates to adorning (creating adornments using items created by transmuting).

Assuming you are asking about transmuting (breaking stuff down) this is how it works:

Everyone has a transmute skill. You start off with a skill level 5.

You can work out the level of items you can transmute by dividing your skill by 5, rounding down and then adding 5 levels.

Eg: skill level is 17. Divide by 5 gives 3.2 Rounding down gives 3. Add 5 gives 8. So you can transmute items level 8 and below.

Items need to be treasured or better; some items cannot be transmuted like mastercrafted furniture, no value items, journeyman spells/combat arts (despite being flagged as treasured).

When you break stuff down you get a chance at a skill up. I have observed that the chance is greater the nearer the level of the stuff you are transmuting is to your skill but you are not guaranteed a skill up. So with a skill level of 17 your chance of a skill up is greater if you mute level 8 stuff than if you mute level 1.

Your transmute skill is capped at five times your highest level - adventurer or crafter.

Hope that helps
Aeriel
Aeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #66
Niami DenMother
'Mum

This guide needs to be rewritten to split the two skills out, but if you've got a lot of gear you can't break down, it could be due to level, or it could be because the item can't be transmuted (not treasured, no-value, not fully repaired etc.) - the error messages you get should be an indicator of whether you simply don't have enough transmuting skill or the item can't be transmuted for some reason.

I'll try to get this rewritten tomorrow, but you might also want to check out Kaisha's transmuting guide
Old 10-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #67
YurienStonebow
Visitor

adorning(artificing) is 125ish now thanks to teh daily tasks. my transmuting though is terrible. i started at skill of 15 on eq2x. made two break downs for 1 point each, total as of right now of 17/195. if the formula is still right of skill lvl /5 rounded then added

17 / 5 = 3.4 = 3.0 +5 = 8.0

i can't transmute my lvl 8 shade gloves. accoring to the eq2 wikia site the formula should still be good. looks like i'm goign to ahve to farm a newbie zone or something
Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #68
Niami DenMother
'Mum

What is the error message that you get? (If you ever have an issue with not enough skill, it tells you specifically the skill number that .you need and what skill you have.) I'm going to guess that the gloves are no-value or some other oddly flagged quest reward, or that they're in need of repair.

Remember that you can also break down mastercrafted gear .and expert spells - so instead of "just" farming, you may find it worthwhile to harvest tier 1 zones and craft rares to break down.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #69
YurienStonebow
Visitor

getting gear low enough is an issue. i'll have to see if i can find some low lvl gear i can craft. one site said i can use CA and another said i can't. i'll ahve to experiment. good excuse to use my old mats.

the red icon is good enough for knwoing what can't be used but this seems to be more trouble then its worth raising the skill.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #70
Whilhelmina
Contributor

To the poster above (even if it's very old), if by CA you mean expert spells, you can mute them. If you meant journeyman, you can't. You have the whole list of things you can and can't transmute on the EQ2TC website itself and on the first post of this thread. Auto-mentoring is a good way to farm for lowbie stuff.

Just a quick reminder that this post is still obsolete and that the transmuting guide on the website itself is obsolete too.

(Just found out that my own guide was obsolete too and I decided to check a bit here hehe)