New Weaponsmith Recipe components

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Weaponsmith Recipe components

Am I the only one thinks it odd the new weaponsmith recipes (the ones I've looked at) require "gem" rocks now? E.g., tier 3 needs agate, tier 4 needs opaline. Just a bit unusual as my weaponsmith had none of those in stock since they weren't required before. (Going to have to borrow from my jeweler now....).

Yeah, I was just about to post that myself. At least soft stone goes for 1 cp on the broker, it's easy to replace stocks. My question is, is this an intended change or a database glitch?

I'm pushing to 80 weaponsmith right now, once I get there I'm going to re-build my weapon tables and upload them again.

Comment

As per the recipe review portion of the GU45 weapon preview that I posted last week, this is an intended change. Roots are gone, ore requirements are less, and WS's use a gem or two instead (think of it as ornamentation). Woodworkers are in a similar boat, except that they use a bit of soft metal as inlay on their wooden weapons.

Comment

And I even read that....

I was so interested in the pictures and looking at the stats, the new ingredients didn't even register to me! And I DID read that part too, , somehow it just did a fly-by. (Sometimes I do that....) Thanks for pointing it out Mum.

Comment

I think it's great... ore and roots was overused so much, and gems underused so it's a nice balancing change.
          Barx Atthemoon
          9/9 Crafters
          Formerly Officer of < Mayhem > of Antonia Bayle
          Raider in < Vigilance > of Crushbone

"Do no evil because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is just a petty one." - Liu Bei

Retired:
          Barx Atthemoon - Druid, Master Tradesman
          Officer of Golden Eagle Trading Company
          EQ Live - Tarew Marr, Once and Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Daryx View Post
            I was so interested in the pictures and looking at the stats, the new ingredients didn't even register to me! And I DID read that part too, , somehow it just did a fly-by. (Sometimes I do that....) Thanks for pointing it out Mum.
            I know that feeling! Sometimes, when checking up on a new GU on Test, I just sit and boggle for a while, so excited over all the new stuff that I don't even know where to begin poking at it! It is VERY easy to miss stuff when there's this much going on.

Comment

I want to start adding bugs here, if that's conveinent for folks. I'm working on all the common weapons from lvl 50 on up, figured that would be good for discovery xp at 74. Anyways, the bug I just found is that two plans are missing. There's no option for imbued indium shamshir or imbued indium tribal spear. Will also be submitting it in-game.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoux View Post
                I want to start adding bugs here, if that's conveinent for folks. I'm working on all the common weapons from lvl 50 on up, figured that would be good for discovery xp at 74. Anyways, the bug I just found is that two plans are missing. There's no option for imbued indium shamshir or imbued indium tribal spear. Will also be submitting it in-game.
                I'd prefer that if they're not in Domino's list of GU45 bugs that they get up into the sticky Bug Submissions/Corrections thread up in the General Tradeskills Discussion forum, if possible, so it is easier for me to corral them into the master list the next time I apply a weed-whacker to it.

Thanks!

~Mum

Comment

New bug found. I can't get any weapons on the *5 and *6 levels to show up. If I have the filter set to weapons, I can access them. If the filter is set to Forge, they're gone. They still work fine when you have the right filter on. THis did not correct the shamshir and tribal spear glitch, BTW. Those seem to be AWOL.

Comment

Oops! Sorry, I hadn't seen your new message yet when I posted this one! I'll write these up in the appropriate thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X