Wyrmsteel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyrmsteel

Is there a certain place I need to find Wyrmsteel? The weaponsmith recipe you can buy from merchant in Iron Forge has recipes for Wyrmsteel weapons.
    I can't find to much info about it on SOE forums.

You use the blacked ore to make the weapons and you can only make it in the forge of ages....search this forum, you'll find some threads on it...

Comment

by 'blacked ore', he doesn't mean 'blackened iron', but the 'strange black ore' that used to drop off fulginate nodes.

I haven't seen a 'strange black ore' in a parrot's age, so I think these recipes are defunct. Either way, they make weapons designed to kill one particular T5 raid mob, so nobody cares anymore anyway.

Comment

Ok, thank you everyone!
        Maybe they should remove that recipe book from the merchant at Iron Forge Exchange. I get all excited when I find some new recipe book. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Ladywing View Post
          Maybe they should remove that recipe book from the merchant at Iron Forge Exchange.
          Been there, requested that, many times back in the "bad old days to zero effect." While I'm sure that I'd get a more favorable response from Domino, now that someone's reminded me that they're still floating around, I've not wanted to pester her at the moment due to how much else is on her overflowing plate.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not even sure if SBO (strange black ore) even comes off of T5 nodes any more, I haven't gotten any in a long time. And the recipes did have a use back when the level cap at 50 and they made a difference against Darathar, but most folk's will never see him nowadays seeing how old the prismatic weapon is and how many newer, nicer weapons there are (especially considering epics coming in RoK!).
            Barx Atthemoon
            9/9 Crafters
            Formerly Officer of < Mayhem > of Antonia Bayle
            Raider in < Vigilance > of Crushbone

"Do no evil because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is just a petty one." - Liu Bei

Retired:
            Barx Atthemoon - Druid, Master Tradesman
            Officer of Golden Eagle Trading Company
            EQ Live - Tarew Marr, Once and Forever!

Comment

The ore does not seem to drop any more but I still have TONS in my bank. The recipes are still craftable and do still work against Darathar, however they still require the old subcombines....so unless you have a stock pile of these somewheres...you are pretty much SOL. On another note I would like to see the recipes remain in the game, but changed to require raws instead of sub combines. The quests ARE still done by the quest hungry (IE me) on alts, and the wurmsteel makes for a MUCH easier kill on Mr Darathar.
              ABC's of Life Lessons (what I have learned):
              Ask and it will be given to you. Believe. Consider the lillies. Do unto others as you would have them to do to you. Encourage. Forgive. Give to one from whom you will not recieve. Hope. Instruct. Judge not. Knock and the door will be opened to you. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. be Mindful. do not Neglect the gift that is within you. Owe no one. Practice kindness. be Quick to listen, and slow to speak. Rejoice. Seek. Take heart. Understand. Value truth. Walk humbly. strive to eXcel. enter into joY. be Zealous for the good!

Comment

I am a 70 weaponsmith and I have always made wyrmsteel weapons. Its nice now since I am level 70 I can walk right past all the level 48-50 gray mobs right to the "Infernal Forage of Ages" located in the zone "The infernal forge of ages" in "Soluseks Eye". Once in Lavastorm and you make the trip to the entrance of Sol Eye there is a teleporter there you can activate to make your trip much shorter the next time areound, also the is another teleporter inside Sol Eye that you can activate once you make the first trip down, helps alot. I still see the "strange black ore" being listed for sale on the broker now and then so I believe it still drops. I sell the finished adorned wyrmsteel weapons for 59 gold each on my server, a solid 50 to 55 gold profit each. They are exactly the same damage rating as the ebon weapons but the strange black ore used to make the wyrmsteel is much cheaper then the ebon clusters if you look around for it. When you do make the trip down to the infernal forge make sure you load up on all you need, there is a lockout timer of 3 or was it 5 days? Anyway load up acd make a few of each to sell. Longswords sell much better then the others so ya might make 10 or 15 of those to sell. Enjoy!

Comment

I harvested a strange black rock today. Got it harvestring the rock fall in Solusk's Eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Karioki View Post
                    I harvested a strange black rock today. Got it harvestring the rock fall in Solusk's Eye.
                    I didn't even know there was harvesting in that zone, as the only time I go anywhere near it is for heritage questing, and we're in and out as fast as we can manage. Sounds like time for a /bug.

Comment

I'm assuming they meant they harvested it in a rock fall around Sol Eye in Lavastorm. As far as I know there are no nodes in actual Sol Eye... but there are some in the area around the volcano in Lavastorm (which is also called Sol Eye).
                      Barx Atthemoon
                      9/9 Crafters

"Do no evil because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is just a petty one." - Liu Bei

Retired:

Comment

There is an area in Sol Eye (the zone itself) where a tunnel is blocked by fallen rocks/rubble. You can clear it by harvesting from it and I think it gives you like 5 pulls before it disappears. I know it was more than just the 3 from a normal node, but can't remember for certain how many.

Comment

Ohhh interesting, I did not know that. I wonder if whoever removed SBO forgot about that as well...
                          Barx Atthemoon
                          9/9 Crafters

Retired:

Comment

The fallen rock area is reached from the goblins' part of the zone on the entrance level. Take the elevator down and work your way back across the bridge. It's used in part of a quest from the Drednever gnomes up front (you have to kill an NPC behind the rocks), and respawns every 10 or so minutes as the NPC or his PH respawns behind it. I just used it two or three times my last visit on an alt's first time, and I think five pulls is correct.

Comment

Working...
                            X