Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential Carpenter

The Essential Carpenter
    The Carpenter class is one of three subclass choices for craftsman when you hail a crafting trainer in order to receive your crafting level 20 certification.
    The Basics
    This is the profession that works with the crafting of furniture, strongboxes, and broker boxes. But, mostly furniture, lots and lots and lots of furniture!
    Equipment
    You will mostly use the woodworking table, though carpenters also have the fun time of using the loom (Pre T8 rug/tapestries), forge (Pre T7 sconces/light fixtures), and the workbench( For T1 Ė T3 Vases/knickknacks).
    Items Made
    Furniture: You will make a variety of basic furniture including beds, chairs, tables, a few knicknacks, paintings, rugs and lights. See the furniture gallery linked at the bottom of this article for examples.
    Strongboxes: Used by adventurers and crafters alike to carry their many spoils of adventuring/crafting around.
    Broker boxes: Used by everyone who uses the broker to sell stuff. These can be set up in the playerís house to offer a method of avoiding broker fees!
    Reaction Arts
    The reaction arts a Carpenter uses, no matter what crafting station they may be at is Sculpting.
    The Resources
    Ahhh, carpentry resources. Never has one crafting class needed all the different resources! Itís true, carpenters need just about everything! The only resources Carpenters donít utilize is those that come off the pesky bushes. We even run in to needing the meat for candles on the odd occasion. You will mostly find yourself using the Wood, the soft metal/gems, roots, pelts, and the hard metalÖ Wait thatís almost all of them isnít it?
    The Rares
    Kind of like the resources above, though, you donít need as much as a variety. You will mainly find yourself using the hard metal, and wood rares. Though, be sure to always check the recipes for the exact rare you need, because, some of them can throw you off.
    The Books
    The carpenter essential books can be found on the crafting trainer NPCs, generally found outside the various crafting instances. Your Advanced Carpenter recipes are drops in chests off creatures that are close to the level of the book in question. Other carpenter-specific recipes you run into include the bookcase from EL Vale Briarwood Bookcase and the Carpenter only page collection from the Isle of Mara Seen here .

Other furniture recipes can be obtained from the RoK faction grind, as well as the TSO faction grind. Not to mention the oodles and oodles of holiday furniture. (All the RoK faction grind furniture is Carpenter specific, the TSO and Holiday furniture tend to be generic crafting skill. But furniture is furniture!)

Quick Reminders
    1. 1. Harvesting your own resources makes a lot of sense, especially in the lower tiers. It keeps your costs down, and gives you a chance at valuable rares that you can either use for yourself, or sell to help fund your crafting addiction.
    2. 2. Your largest amounts of tradeskill experience comes from making one pristine combine for every recipe. We tend to refer to this as "discovery xp."
    3. 3. Just because you have hit level 20, don't mentally block out the fact that you still have level 10-19 artisan recipes and tier 2 resources. These can be a good source of additional tradeskill experience, as well as some very low-cost skillup options, due to the lesser fuel costs for tier 2.
    4. 4. As with all the crafting classes, upon reaching level 50, a quest opens up on the Isle of Mara for a 36 slot harvesting bag, as well as a carpenter only charm slot item.
    5. 5. Crafting gear with bonuses to sculpting helps your recipes progress a lot smoother, while purchasing the equipment can be costly, upon reaching level 50 you can complete the Ship Out which opens up access to the tradeskill missions which provide the armor/tokens provided youíre up for a bit of work!
    Related Articles
    ēEQ2TC Furniture Gallery - examples of the furniture that can be made. Carpenters can craft almost all of the items listed here with a bit of dedication .
    ēThe Node Knows - containing common and rare harvesting information for all tiers.

Let me know if you see anything.... I haven't had my morning coffee yet :/
    Rieka - 80 Provisioner
    Xyzria Rawrz - 89 Carpenter/90 Mystic
    Naomee - 80 Sage
    Rawrzz At'You - 80 Wizard

Happy resident of the Nektulos Server.

I have a few suggestions here mostly cosmetical in nature.

quote: Strongboxes: Used by adventurers and crafters alike to carry their many spoils of adventuring/crafting around.

Might want to mention bank slots somewhere here.

Quote: The Rares
    Kind of like the resources above, though, you donít need as much as a variety. You will mainly find yourself using the hard metal, and wood rares. Though, be sure to always check the recipes for the exact rare you need, because, some of them can throw you off.

I find myself harvesting bushes as well as I use a ton of rare roots for tapestries and carpets.

Quote: Other furniture recipes can be obtained from the RoK faction grind, as well as the TSO faction grind. Not to mention the oodles and oodles of holiday furniture. (All the RoK faction grind furniture is Carpenter specific, the TSO and Holiday furniture tend to be generic crafting skill. But furniture is furniture!)

Both factions have articles you may want to add links to.

And finally the Quick Reminders section was double numbered and the Equipment headline cheated you out of a heading 4 style, the pesky bugger.

I hope I'm not being to forward. We probably all have carpenters so there's bound to be a lot of cooks messing with this write up.

- Aggie

Comment

Nah your fine, thats what I get for doing this type of thing in the morning though
      Rieka - 80 Provisioner
      Naomee - 80 Sage

Comment

Additionally, there is a rare recipe book lurking in Unrest for all sort of lovely mahogany furniture. Less adventurous carpenters will want to broker-watch for "A History of Exotic Furnishings"

(not yet caffeinated, I'll have to give this more of a read-through when I'm more coherent, but that's the one that leapt out at me so far.)

Comment

I can't belive I forgot about that, considerin got the discos on nektulos for those >.<
          Rieka - 80 Provisioner
          Naomee - 80 Sage

Comment

Working...
          X