Requesting help - tier 2+ event responses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting help - tier 2+ event responses

We've got the basic descriptions and power requirements for the tier 1 crafting events in place, BUT we could really use the same information for tier 2 and above responses.

To save myself and/or whomever ends up webbing this for the site a lot of nightmares, while I'm asking for help, I'm also asking that you give me that help in a specific way.

Take a look at http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...r=040000000000

List the tier information for the upgraded response, which response it is an upgrade to (match the icons) as well as which what it affects from the mouseover description for it and the power uses.

For example:
    Calligraphy (tier 2 upgrade to Lettering): increases durability by a small amount, lowers power by a small amount, power 11

Thanks!

Is power usage constant or based off your max power, ie a percentage? I guess I could check by going out and leveling but people want so many stroma and tempers I haven't seen daylight in days.

EDIT: I just checked that link you gave against the figures I have documented personally and the power figures ARE off. For the Alchemy Tier 1 Responses you list 11, 22 and 33 as the power cost, but for me they cost 12, 24, 36. I'm going to guess they are % based.
    Last edited by BlueMystic_28; 11-19-2004, 07:31 PM.
    Greatmutado - Guk
    A Sorcerer who makes things go Boom!
    An Alchemist who makes things go BOOOOMMM!!!

Comment

I copied this from my post in the thread in this forum "Reactionary Effect Usage ... (Controlling the creation process)".

Alchemy
      Analyze (Tier 2 of Experiment) +5,0 (-small power)
      Synthesis (Tier 2 of Reaction) +14,+0 (-very large power)
      Conceptualize (Tier 2 of Theory) +10,-20

Arcana
      Lettering 0,+14 (-small power)

Runecraft
      Center of Spirit (Tier 2 of Focus of Spirit) +20,+0 (-small chance of success)
      Telekinesis (Tier 2 of Mind over matter) +10,-20
      Square Cut (Tier 2 of Round Brilliant Cut) +15,0 (-large power)
      Greatmutado - Guk

Comment

All artisan power usages are percentage based, just like all damages you take from tradeskills are percentage based.
        Zen

Converting Spoken to Written Language - Common Errors in English

Comment

Max power - 302

Culinary:

Spice Up (upgrade to seasoning)
          Minor flavor loss, flavor loss, and major flavor loss
          Increase Durability by a small amount. Lowers Success by a small amount

Slow Simmer (upgrade to constant heat)
          Minor heat spike, heat spike, major heat spike, minor heat loss, heat loss, and major heat loss.
          Increases Durability by a small amount. Lowers Progress by a medium amount.

Realization (upgrade to awareness)
          Puff of steam, Billow of Steam, and Gale of Steam.
          Increases Durability by a small amount. Lowers Power by a small amount. Power 9

Craftsmanship:

Tee Joint (upgrade to dovetail joint)
          Minor loose joint, loose joint, major loose joint, minor misalingment, misalignment, and major misalignment.
          Increases Durability by a small amount. Lowers Success Chance by a small amount.

Geology (upgrade to metallurgy)
          Minor impurity bubble, impurity bubble and major impurity bubble.
          Increases your Durability by a small amount. Lowers Power by a small amount. Power 9

Concentrate 02 (upgrade to concentrate 01)
          Minor distraction, distraction, and major distraction.
          Increases Durability by a medium amount. Lowers Power by a small amount. Power 27
          Last edited by Drael; 11-22-2004, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Max power - 302

Woodworking:

Chipping (upgrade to cutting)
            Minor Knot, knot, major knot, minor unyielding board, unyielding board and major unyielding board.
            Increases Durability by a small amount. Lowers Progress by a large amount.

Crafting (upgrade to Handwork)
            Minor kickback, kickback, major kickback
            Increases Durability by a small amount. Lowers Power by a small amount. Power 18

Weigh (upgrade to Measure)
            Minor mismeasurement, mismeasurement, and major mismeasurement
            Increases your Durability by a small amount. Lowers your Success Chance by a small amount.
            Last edited by Drael; 11-22-2004, 09:26 PM.

Comment

sorry no descriptions, just numbers

Light armoring

Dextrous (Nimble) - +20, 0
              Binding (Knots) - +10, 0
              Embroidery (Stitching) - +20, -50
              Mebrhea Firefeather - gnomish conjuror (40) and tailor (35)

there's a little black spot on the sun today

Comment

Originally posted by Zendaken
                All artisan power usages are percentage based, just like all damages you take from tradeskills are percentage based.
                Not true. You can be killed by tradeskill events, I saw 3 people eaten by forges last night alone. So unless the percentage for those damages are above 100%, they are not straight percentages
                Your skills also are not percentage based, I'm sure everyone knows you can easily run out of power by spamming certain skills.
                Amaranthe, Dark Elf Cleric of Hate, Lavastorm server
                Heaven holds a sense of wonder
                And I wanted to believe that I'd get caught up
                When the rage in me subsides

Comment

I did the rest of Arcana Tier 2:

Lettering (Tier 2 of Calligraphy) 0,+14 (-small power)
                  Notation (Tier 2 of Notation) 0,+14 (-small success)
                  Spell Binding (Tier 2 of Spell Weaving) +20,14 (Personally this one rocks in salavaging a craft gone bad - used at the right time)
                  Greatmutado - Guk

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthe
                    Not true. You can be killed by tradeskill events, I saw 3 people eaten by forges last night alone. So unless the percentage for those damages are above 100%, they are not straight percentages
                    Your skills also are not percentage based, I'm sure everyone knows you can easily run out of power by spamming certain skills.
                    Forge has some horrendous critical failures to your health. I think I read Niami saying that two in a row can kill you. If it wasn't Niami then I apologise but I did read it on the boards here somewhere.

It is % based as far as I have seen.
                    Greatmutado - Guk

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthe
                      It is not % of current health... it is % of MAX health.

So... multiple bad events can kill you :/ and Forge is tough, being a large percentage of your health.

And yes. That guide should remove the fixed cost and we need to over time figure the percentage

Comment

I would suggest that we list the % of your max power that it uses. IE if it says it uses 12 power and your max power is 245 then it uses 4.898% (or 5%) and the 5% figure is listed in the guide. Seems to be the only way to be accurate. I'll start getting the scholar %'s.
                        Greatmutado - Guk

Comment

Max power - 182

Outfitter:

Embroider (tier 2 upgrade to stitching)
                          increases durabilty by a small amount, lowers progress by a large amount, power 0

Dexterous (tier 2 upgrade to nimble)
                          increases durability by a small amount but lowers success chance by a small amount, power 0

Binding (tier 2 upgrade to knots)
                          increases durability by a small amount, lowers power by a small amount, power 12

===

Bridle joint (tier 2 upgrade to angle joint)
                          increases durability by a small amount, lowers power by a small amount, power 12

Hammering (tier 2 upgrade to strikes)
                          increases durability by a small amount, lowers progress by a large amount, power 0

Steady heat (tier 2 upgrade to isothermic)
                          increases durability by a large amount, lowers success chance by a small amount, power 0

=============

Anneal (tier 2 upgrade to indurate)
                          increases progress by a small amount, lowers power by a small amount, power 6

Strengthening (tier 2 upgrade to tempering)
                          increases your success by a small amount by lowers your power by a small amount, power 12
                          ((possible typo - success chance meant?))

Vitrify (tier 2 upgrade to (tier 2 upgrade to hardening)
                          increases durability by a small amount but lowers progress by a small amount, power 0

Will log in the craftsman and add the power to above posts, sorry.
                          Last edited by Drael; 11-22-2004, 09:30 PM.

Comment

When providing power costs, please be sure to indicate your current maximum power. Remember, all of these are suppose to be percentage costs, so it will be different for everyone. Given enough data points, we should be able to confidently determine the percentage or otherwise find some pattern.

Thanks!
                            Zen

Converting Spoken to Written Language - Common Errors in English

Comment

Power numbers to update above info:

Realization (upgrade to awareness)
                              Puff of steam, Billow of Steam, and Gale of Steam.
                              Increases Durability by a small amount. Lowers Power by a small amount. Power 9

Geology (upgrade to metallurgy)
                              Minor impurity bubble, impurity bubble and major impurity bubble.
                              Increases your Durability by a small amount. Lowers Power by a small amount.
                              Power 9

Concentrate 02 (upgrade to concentrate 01)
                              Minor distraction, distraction, and major distraction.
                              Increases Durability by a medium amount. Lowers Power by a small amount. Power 27

Crafting (upgrade to Handwork)
                              Minor kickback, kickback, major kickback
                              Increases Durability by a small amount. Lowers Power by a small amount. Power 18

Comment

Working...
                              X