Call of the Tinkerer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of the Tinkerer

Finally got one made fer myself and I was wondering. Does it let the caster teleport himself to a target if the target is a corpse? If so, this will be a VERY valuable item for group recovery in areas like Chardok and Sebilis.

No. Target must be alive.
    Barx Atthemoon
    9/9 Crafters
    Formerly Officer of < Mayhem > of Antonia Bayle
    Raider in < Vigilance > of Crushbone

"Do no evil because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is just a petty one." - Liu Bei

Retired:
    Barx Atthemoon - Druid, Master Tradesman
    Officer of Golden Eagle Trading Company
    EQ Live - Tarew Marr, Once and Forever!

Comment

Dangit. Oh well.

Comment

CotT

Does it work accross zones or instances. NooB to tinkering and find some of these devices very interesting.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ColdHeartid View Post
          Does it work accross zones or instances. NooB to tinkering and find some of these devices very interesting.

Thanks
          You have to be able to target the person, so it only works if you're in the same zone. It can be VERY helpful for hooking up with a groupmate - just make sure they're alive, and not in combat, before you try to call to them.

Comment

What adventure level do u have to be 2 use COTH?

If I am say a level 79 provie but only T3 toon. Is this item usable to me? I am still unclear regarding a tinkered items LEVEL vs what level a toon can use the item. Like the OVERCLOCKED harvesting items go by either your tradeskill level or your adventure level. Is it like this for all tinkered items?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

If I remember correctly, a level given without any class means adventurer level, so you will have to be a L75 adventurer to use it.
              Barx Atthemoon
              9/9 Crafters
              Formerly Officer of < Mayhem > of Antonia Bayle
              Raider in < Vigilance > of Crushbone

"Do no evil because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is just a petty one." - Liu Bei

Retired:
              Barx Atthemoon - Druid, Master Tradesman
              Officer of Golden Eagle Trading Company
              EQ Live - Tarew Marr, Once and Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Lordebon View Post
                If I remember correctly, a level given without any class means adventurer level, so you will have to be a L75 adventurer to use it.
                They've changed that since then. In order to use this item, you must have at least 375 tinkering; it makes no difference what your adventuring or tradeskill level is directly (though one or the other would have to be at least 75 in order for you to get to 375 tinkering). You'd need to have that much tinkering to make this in the first place anyway, but there you go.

So short answer: you can use this if your adventuring and/or tradeskill level is at least 75 (presuming your tinkering is at least 375, which it would have to be to make this in the first place).

As to original question: The target must be in the same zone as the user, alive, and not in combat or it won't work.

Lady Karazara Twoflower, 90th rank carpenter & 450 tinker; Aerie Kolmas, Kelethin
                Ayobii Xorith, 90th rank tailor; Terrace Standards, Gorowyn
                Nakaris Twoflower, 90th rank jeweler; Qeynos Village Inn, Baubbleshire, Qeynos
                Kawazu Kruppta, 60th rank armorer; Valor Homesteads, New Halas
                Plobo Fayfire, 22nd rank sage; Silver Leaf Inn, Kelethin

Member of Jaggedpine Defenders, Guk server

Comment

Working...
                X