Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

contents of the new books (per 2/9/05 patch)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contents of the new books (per 2/9/05 patch)

These can all be bought at the wholesalers. Prices are in line with the first book of each tier.

Geomancy Essentials 1-4
    Geomancy Essentials 1-4 (scrolled to see bottom)

Weaving Essentials 1-4
    Weaving Essentials 1-4 (scrolled to the bottom)

Timbercraft Essentials 1-4

and lastly
    Apothecary Essentials 1-4

at lvl 12 craftsman I can use the first book (tier 2) of each set.
    Last edited by Anya; 02-10-2005, 01:09 PM.

and the corresponding new buffs

Tier 2 buffs New - Page 1
    Tier 2 buffs New - Page 2
    Last edited by Anya; 02-10-2005, 09:49 AM. Reason: file # was incorrect

Comment

thanks a lot for that. now we see that it's not just the refining but the whole ink etc. disappointing
      Kayleigh, Mystic on Valor/Europe - Sage
      Mady, Troubadour - Carpenter

Don't hesitate to correct my mistakes - still ameliorating my English

Comment

{snip} this forum is specifically for test server patch notices and questions/answers about said patches, not gripes/rants/etc.
        Last edited by Moonshade; 02-10-2005, 02:11 PM. Reason: improper usage of forum
        Uoldar Huntereye
        27th Jeweler
        Rangioress Rattenfaenger
        30th Alchemist
        Valor / Qeynos
        Ragnarök

Comment

{snip} see above post. please voice your concerns/complaints in the proper forum. Thanks.
          Last edited by Moonshade; 02-10-2005, 02:13 PM. Reason: improper usage of forum
          Rhayn Fall, Alchemist
          Rhyana Windsong, Provisioner
          Lavastorm

Comment

Dont worry. Some people like myself are just too plain lazy and will still buy from others.

Stoned Immaculate

Comment

More questions

Anya,

I just wanted to confirm what I see from these images and your notes:

1) Any crafter is able to use any of the 4 new disciplines
              2) The new rcipe books start at level 10 [book 1 is the tier 2 recipes, book 2 is the tier 3 recipes, etc]
              3) The recipes are just copies of the same recipes. In otherwords the equipment and skill required to make an item are unchanged. If it used to require weaponshaping, it still does.
              4) Geomancy is effectively smithing on the forge or metal making on the worktable
              5) Weaving is tailoring oin the sewing station, but also includes the patterns made at the sscribing station.
              6) Timbercraft is the stuff made on the woodworking station
              7) Apothecary is weird. its the reins, washes, tempers and oils, plus the ink, pluss the bottles, plus thread(??) [which is also on the weaving?? -- error?

Now a tricky thing... the new 4 disciplines also have buffs and I assume counters and events. Does that mean the new recipes are the same as the old ones they are copies of except that they use one of the four new skills?

I assume from your posting that we all get all four of the new disciplines automatically at each tier. So that means using the new spells I can easily make pristines using the new recipes. In fact, anyone could now make pristine inks.

Since anyone can make pristines using the new skills and new recipes it looks like every trade is not totally self sufficient and there is no need to work together to make stuff.

I also assume that we get skill raises using the new tier 2 buffs, just like in the other classes.

Does that mean we also have a new pair of skills one that goes up with level and one that goes up with use but is capped at the same level as the one that goes up with level?

Does it also mean that the current recipes have changed to use the new disciplines (I assume it does or it would be confusing)

I think it also means the following:

1) Alchemists make speels for figthers and posions/potions
              2) Sribes make spells for healers and mages
              3) Jewlers make jewelry and spells for scouts
              4) Tailors make clothing for mages and some scouts and healers and fighters
              5) Weaponsmiths make weapons
              6) Armorers make clothing for mighters and a few other sub sclasses that can wear chain
              7) Woodworkers make bows, staves, shields, wands, totems etc
              8) Carpenters make boxes and furniture
              9) Cooks make food

I can't see any dependencies left at all?

..... I think its a shame.... the way the classes were designed needed some balancing... but to just throw the whole interdendencies out the window seems like a sad end to the concept. It would be like saying "grouping is too hard so instead everyone can now solo anything".

Oh well....

Comment

1) Any crafter is able to use any of the 4 new disciplines

yes as a Tier 2 craftman I have scribed book 1 of all 4 new disciplines

2) The new rcipe books start at level 10 [book 1 is the tier 2 recipes, book 2 is the tier 3 recipes, etc]

correct

3) The recipes are just copies of the same recipes. In otherwords the equipment and skill required to make an item are unchanged. If it used to require weaponshaping, it still does.

same recipe, different skill used for the combine. all classes (that I can see) still retain the same recipes in their own books ie. carpenter essentialls 20 still has ash lumber in it.

4) Geomancy is effectively smithing on the forge or metal making on the worktable

iron plate, hook, rings, etc shows up as using the forge.

5) Weaving is tailoring oin the sewing station, but also includes the patterns made at the scribing station.

yes. ie. tanned hilt, crafted at the loom

6) Timbercraft is the stuff made on the woodworking station

yes

7) Apothecary is weird. its the reins, washes, tempers and oils, plus the ink, pluss the bottles, plus thread(??) [which is also on the weaving?? -- error?

actually washes are missing completely and iron plate is listed in three places. I've /bugged both. Its gonna take some time to more thoroughly answer your questions but I can tell you I bought all four tier two books and made myself up a batch of stroma with little effort. Right now I am trying to build up a little cash so I can test stuff to a greater extent. Right now fuel costs make things ugly.

there are three counters for T1 and 2 thus far .. using the new apothecary as a fast example

Tier 1 (#'s are per the exact description on the buff)

Stir - Increase progress by 6-6
                Coalesce - Decrease success chance by 6-6% \\ increase progress by 6-16
                Test - decrease durability 3-3 \\ increase progress 8-8

Tier 2

Agitate - increase durability by 10-10
                Consolidate - decrease success chance 6-6% \\ increase durability by 10-10
                Examine - decrease progress by 24-24 \\ increase durability by 10-10
                Last edited by Anya; 02-10-2005, 01:04 PM. Reason: clarity in a couple places.. grammar.. spelling :P

Comment

On the Tier 2 Examine buff (hope its just a typo) but you mean

Examine - decrease progress by 24-24 \\ increase durability by 10-10

correct?

Also noticed that washes were missing from the books.

Oh, and thanks much for all the info you've given so far Anya. Much appreciated!

Comment

oops. yes. *edits post again*

Comment

Make sure to get them to add washes if u play on test, since it seems missing nod, and i cant wait, i will love to tradeskill again finally.

Comment

Okay, I'm amused. Lots of people complain about the cross-dependencies. So SOE implements a means of eliminating at least some (perhaps all) of the crafter cross-dependencies, and people complain.

I think maybe they decided it wasn't working that well. I thought mostly it was. Mostly. I would have preferred that refining / planing lumber used my primary skill as a carpenter, instead of a secondary skill. But I could still make pristine goods planning my own lumber, so that was okay by me.

I suppose this means I might not have to level my 25 alchemist any further. I only made him for WORTs. It would be nice to focus all the low level combining XP on a single toon.

My primary carpenter pretty much never makes subcomponents for anyone else. Sure, I *can* make a few subcomponents, but I never bother unless a guildmate asks or someone is offering a very attractive price. So this is all good news for me.

Really sucks to be an alchemist right now, unless poisons and potions are suddenly going to become worth making.

Comment

So... does this mean we'll get tier 3 buffs for the new skills?

Comment

I don't want to edit every post in here that isn't strictly about test server patch info/questions. If you want to voice concerns about the change, take it to Primal please. Thanks.
                            Ngreth! Stop using my finely crafted Gnome Arrow Shafts for toothpicks!

Ironmoon - 34 Paladin/17 Outfitter, Redmoon - 25 Ranger/20 Woodworker
                            Fangmoon - 11 Sorcerer/19 Scholar, Moonveil - 14 Druid/21 Provisioner

Comment

Pardon my density but does this means ALL crafters of any kind get 4 new skills? All crafters can scribe these books and ALL crafters can make any of these recipes, using skills that will allow them to do so and new counters associated with these new skills?

For example I am a level 41 weaponsmith. To make weapons handles I have to use the level 10 outfitter coutners and a level 19 capped tailoring skill.

If I am undertstanding this, the new system will allow me to use a new skill that caps at my level to make my weapon handles, with new counters that cap at my level as well? And I can do this for any and all subcombines in game if I have the books?

If that is so then I am totally boggled. They have basically made every trade class the same with the sole exeption of finished good recipe combines? Do I understand this right?
                              Gilfalas Elaandrin
                              High Elf Paladin (43)
                              Grand Master Weaponsmith (50)
                              Qeynos
                              Antonia Bayle Server

Comment

Working...
                              X