Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Scholar Volume 13? Spoonleaf Yucca?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Scholar Volume 13? Spoonleaf Yucca?

I have all advanced books 11-19, all but 13.

Normally, I would just assume that it doesn't exist, but I also have no recipies to use:

Liquified Spoonleaf Yucca
    Spoonleaf Yucca Compound
    Spoonleaf Yucca Emulsion
    Spoonleaf Yucca Mixture
    Spoonleaf Yucca Solvent

Any idea what these are used for?

I would *ASSUME* (we all know what that means) that either A> there's a bug and no recipes use it or B> You missed a tier. My alchemist does almost exclusively worts and essences so I don't know on those specifically.

There would be no reason for that to be used in an advanced book when it's not used in a normal book since advanced alchemy almost entirely uses rare vials, glasses and inks as the part that changes from normal recipes.. the mixtures/emulsions/compounds/etc typically remain the same.

Having said that - generally you can sample one poison/potion recipe per tier and figure out what fungus harves is needed for that whole tier - I'd recheck one recipe per level and make sure you didn't miss something. As a guess I'd bet it's a normal 13 level since you don't have any advanced recipes that use it, but that's completely in the realm of guesswork.

If not, say "thanks" because you have a few extra pristine refines to get XP off of. I'd happily make useless emulsions and things as an armorsmith just for the XP bonus :P

SFG

Comment

Those were all created from the scholar essentials volume 10. So the Tier would be correct.

I basically wait for tradeskill vitality and then make everything pristine atleast once for max skill gain per item.

I had these left over with no use.

Comment

spoonleaf yucca is used in:

baxik's invigoration (mixture)
        beek's rejuvanation (compound)
        niska's invigoration (emulsion)
        raska's rejuvanation (liquified)
        shana's rejuvanation (solvent)

no idea what level you get those, though
        Mebrhea Firefeather - gnomish conjuror (40) and tailor (35)

there's a little black spot on the sun today

Comment

My bad.. I meant incorrect level, not incorrect tier. I knew those were T2

Do rare recipes use different components? I know they use a rare vial, but do they use a different (but common) emulsion/mixture/etc?

If they do, guessing that it's in the missing 13...

SFG

Comment

mebrhea: Any idea what book those are from? I can't find any of those on eqtraders or eq2craft

kieroth_whiteleaf: Yes. After making everything from escentials volume 10, I did all the normal books. had a bunch left over. Then realized they were used in the advanced books. After all that is when I ended up with the spoonleaf yucca leftovers.

Comment

Someone in another thread mentioned that the other components get used in advanced recipes. At this point I'm about 99% sure there is an advanced 13 and that's why you've not been able to use it.

Not facts, just (now) educated guesswork.

SFG

Comment

Originally posted by kieroth_whiteleaf
                Someone in another thread mentioned that the other components get used in advanced recipes. At this point I'm about 99% sure there is an advanced 13 and that's why you've not been able to use it.

Not facts, just (now) educated guesswork.

SFG
                Yeah, I am thinking the same thing as well. But never seen it for sale, and neither EQ2Craft nor EQTRADERS has it listed.

I'm thinking it got removed from the drop list by mistake.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me, although I AM a bit surprised that it's never come up before now.

Maybe check through the known bugs list?

SFG

Comment

I've searched the official EQ2 forums, here, and on EQ2Craft. No hits, besides my own postings.

Comment

maybe someone who has access to item listings could check if it has been discovered in the game at all? if it's not there, then it was removed from the drop table.
                      Mebrhea Firefeather - gnomish conjuror (40) and tailor (35)

there's a little black spot on the sun today

Comment

bump

bump?!

Comment

I've also been on the search for Advanced Scholar 13, since it has the summoner's best nuke, Dust Blast in it.

No luck and I check the broker frequently.
                          Zillanor
                          22 Necromancer/20 Sage
                          Freeport, Lucan D'Lere

Zillandre
                          13 cleric/18 Craftsman/Carpenter to be
                          Freeport, Lucan D'Lere

Comment

Originally posted by Aaeros
                            bump?!
                            While I understand your desire to acquire this information (and it's relative importance to the game as a whole), please avoid "bumping" posts. At the very least, try and contribute to the thread, even if it's as simple as, "I still haven't been able to locate this volume, any one else have any luck yet?"

Thanks!
                            Zen

Converting Spoken to Written Language - Common Errors in English

Comment

Working...
                            X