Not too Bad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too Bad

So I started a Sage as my 3rd profession, 3 characters, 3 professions, and I actually like it. I was not thinking I would the only downside is Rush Orders can get confusing trying to find the spells in the big long list. I recommend not scribing your advanced books until you are out of the level range for Rush Orders.

Just my 2c.

Use of filters is a must for Sage ROs, IMHO. Select only the specific books for the RO you're doing and the list becomes much more narrow, but even then I also use the "Search" field at the top for quick finding.
    Barx Atthemoon
    9/9 Crafters
    Formerly Officer of < Mayhem > of Antonia Bayle
    Raider in < Vigilance > of Crushbone

"Do no evil because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is just a petty one." - Liu Bei

Retired:
    Barx Atthemoon - Druid, Master Tradesman
    Officer of Golden Eagle Trading Company
    EQ Live - Tarew Marr, Once and Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Lordebon View Post
      Use of filters is a must for Sage ROs, IMHO. Select only the specific books for the RO you're doing and the list becomes much more narrow, but even then I also use the "Search" field at the top for quick finding.
      Definitely agree, though I don't even bother narrowing down the list to specific books.

My recommendation is to use the search field, and only type the first 3 letters of the spell. Drag the scroll bar to the bottom, and it will almost always be one of the last two or three apprentice spells. This way, you only have to delete three characters for a new search (and don't need to deal with the sometimes quirky "highlight and delete" method).

I always finish with at least 2 minutes left on the clock for rush orders. I do have innate sage abilities on my crafter from the Erudite class, which does help some, but even before I took this ability at level 40 I was able to complete around the 2 minute mark.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I have been doing as Azakama suggests for a long time. Doing a searh on key elements of name of the item called for will do the trick.

In other professions it becomes easier. For instance, when I do weaponsmithing I type in the name of the metal, say adamantine, then when I need a Short Sword, I just type s after adamantine and it shows up on the short list. To change items in the window I just backspace the s and put in the first letter of the next item on the list. Works very nicely.

The NappyOne
        Windsor: 68 Monk; epic Provisioner; 135 Tinkerer
        Cacophonix: 52 Dirge; epic Alchemist
        Doyle: 62 Templar; 74 Weaponsmith; 175 Transmuter
        Gale: 34 Wizard; 71 Woodworker
        Gettafix: 31 Mystic; 71 Sage
        Corgi: 17 Berserker; 74 Tailor
        Tuxedo: 13 Ranger; 69 Carpenter
        Leaverite: 12 Conjuror; 70 Jeweler
        Jensen: 10 Paladin; 76 Armorer

Comment

Working...