Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonluke
    Hello,

Was looking the "Recipe Books - The Good, Bad and Necesarry" page. Looks like it needs a little updating for the 51-60 section using the information from the posts in this thread. The Essentials 51-59 books are no longer sold in the Golden Septer. I dont think you need to specifically say where each vendor is just that they are in the DoF courts, you need Max Ally faction and the vendors are called the "Faction Merchant" and "Advanced Tradeskill Recipes".
    you dont actually need max ally to get the books. they are available as soon as you hit ally faction.

iirc the only thing that needs max ally is the quest for the faction title.
    Liandra of the Ascended Heroes on Runnyeye Server
    Lvl 89 Conjurer / Lvl 90 Jeweler.
    Pocket Lvl 90 Alchemist
    Pocket Lvl 90 Provisioner
    Pocket Lvl 90 Tailor
    Pocket Lvl 62 Armorer
    Pocket Lvl 56 Carpenter

Comment

Advanced Sage 50

I just hit 50 (and 51) - after LU24. Level 50 spells are not in Advanced Sage v. 49 or 51 and I have never yet seen Advanced Sage v. 50 on broker. Hope to hit Coins ally soon to see if they are on merchant.

[edit] It is on Maj'Dul faction vendor.
      Last edited by Zagev; 06-21-2006, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I have enough faction (finally) to gain entrance to Court of the Coins. There are lots of people inside but I can't find one that sells advanced books for a sage. I think my faction is amiable - do I need better or am I just not looking hard enough?

Also, do I have to got through the same tiresome process for level 61 - 70 advanced books?

Should say at this point that I am now level 64 sage so I am only interested in the Maj Dul stuff from curiosity. (Well, I also have a level 34 Alchy who will have to endure the same process I guess)

Ancient Teachings of... ? Aaaargh! I need Fusion. Only 1 for sale at half a plat. Plus rare of course! My pride won't let me buy an Adept III from someone else when the whole point of crafting was to be self sufficient.
        I guess I will try waiting to see if a cheaper scroll appears.

Or are they purchaseable from a vendor? lol - mega quest to get faction maybe?

Comment

As mentioned a few posts up you need Ally faction to be able to buy the Advanced t6 books. You will be able to see them, but they will be greyed out till you have the faction.

T7 books are only available as drops or from other people on the brokers again.

As for the ancient teachings scrolls, only the lvl 52 ones are available from the courts. again I am pretty sure they need ally faction though. the other ones (55, 58 and 6) are droped/broker only.
          Liandra of the Ascended Heroes on Runnyeye Server
          Lvl 89 Conjurer / Lvl 90 Jeweler.
          Pocket Lvl 90 Alchemist
          Pocket Lvl 90 Provisioner
          Pocket Lvl 90 Tailor
          Pocket Lvl 62 Armorer
          Pocket Lvl 56 Carpenter

Comment

Thanks Liandra, I now have max faction and I can buy the advanced books for sage (even tho I don't need them now - lol). Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough because I didn't even see them before.

The Fusion issue was a bit wierd. I saw an Ancient Teachings of Fusion on the broker for half a plat. I couldn't afford that (due to acute cash flow problems since the broker update). SO I waited a few days but that one sold and nothing else came on to the broker. I asked in chat channel and was told that Fusion apepars in Ancient Teachings of Sage something or other (sorry - at work and can't remember the exact name). This is a collection of Adept III spells. It did contain Fusion and it was only 8 gold. Bit wierd tho.

Comment

Hi, all
              I have been reading the psots here looking for some info on Advanced Sage Volume 29, I keep having to turn down work because this is such a rare drop item.
              Does anyone know EXACTLY where is book drops, I would really love to get a copy.
              Thanks all ;-}
              <><

Comment

The advanced books in the lower tiers still drop as per normal - from level appropriate mobs. Check out "The Advanced Books" section from Recipe Books - The Good, Bad and Necessary.
                Zen

Converting Spoken to Written Language - Common Errors in English

Comment

theoretically, 29 should drop in a standard small chest off any lvl 29 mob that drops a chest (with heroics being more likely to do so).

I would think that RoV would probably be the best place to hunt, SH or FG might be good options. Never leveled an alt at that level in EoF so don't know their options. Zek and/or EL would also probably be likely to drop it if you were in the lower zones (should be some 29 mobs in there somewhere..).

SFG

Comment

There are a lot of 28/29 mobs in the far edges of Nektolus which is where I farmed mine for a while. For some reason both level books tend to be rare on broker - there must not be a lot of mobs this level that are commonly killed - so whatever you get you don't need will most likely sell well on the broker.

I think Zek and EL mobs are all 30+ but I could have missed some lower ones hidden somewhere.
                    Last edited by Ariene; 06-21-2007, 08:50 PM.
                    Jenarie - 40 Templar / 40 Carpenter / 159 Transmuting
                    Alts - 38 Jeweler / 41 Provisioner / 37 Sage

Comment

Zek and EL are indeed 30+.

Another option is to have an alt at level 28-30, and go clear through Splitpaw Upper Tunnels or Flitch's Prank a few times. All the mobs there are your level +/- 1, so plenty of L29 targets.

Comment

Working...
                      X