No announcement yet.

Is Jeweler the toughest craft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I can't be bothered to fiddle with my gear either (that's bank room!) I also will carry some of the power regen totems that woodworkers make. For my pure tradeskillers, that's totem of the rat; for tier 3 it is totem of the flying viper I think. If I find I'm having power issues I'll use it, the regen stacks with that of drinks.

Comment

Starting around T3/T4 you stop having power issues - you still run out (faster, even) but it's not as big of a deal. In T2/T3 power is significantly more important.

My power pool is huge (ranger with LOTS of agi gear) and I don't even bother with drink.. Never have a problem if I'm actually paying attention. I think I've botched two items while trying in recent history (last several months), with both of those I got hit with chains of crit failures and at that point there's not much you can do even with power. But that's extremely rare (almost as rare as FoI).

SFG

Comment

If one is still running low on power, totems that increase power regen helps alot! Totem of the Beetle, Totem of the Rat..

Moya's an 37 Jeweler
        Last edited by Moya Paradoxical'Journeys; 08-23-2006, 08:45 AM.
        Moya Paradoxical'Journeys Kerra Conjuror - Jeweler
        Lori Pansiepatcher Dwarf Mystic- Tailor
        Mita Liquepaus Ayl'Dal Monk - Provisioner
        Anisa Laughing'Rain Fier'Dal Fury- Woodworker
        Amaya Iksar Shadowknight- Armorer
        Hibereas Tier'Dal Troubadour - Weaponsmith

Comment

I have a level 30 Jeweler and I make pristine everytime. I hit all 3 T2 which gives me some durability in the hole sort of speak. Then when my mana gets about 1/3 left i start using T3 buffs. Once I pass the first line the T3's finish the craft in large gulps(hehe pardon the visuals)

Comment

Moya makes pristine all the time at 37 Jeweler...but she is horribly dismayed at the rarity of the next Advance volume - and some folks are selling it for a king's ransom (1 plat). It used to be one could buy the volumes for a few silver for no one was really into JC...now? Moya has to pay gold; and quite abit of it. So Moya has been buying up the cheap ones, so that when she gets to that level she'll have it.

Moya will stop there, for she can get rather hissy and yowling about it.
            Moya Paradoxical'Journeys Kerra Conjuror - Jeweler
            Lori Pansiepatcher Dwarf Mystic- Tailor
            Mita Liquepaus Ayl'Dal Monk - Provisioner
            Anisa Laughing'Rain Fier'Dal Fury- Woodworker
            Amaya Iksar Shadowknight- Armorer
            Hibereas Tier'Dal Troubadour - Weaponsmith

Comment

I VERY rarely have to pay more than 10 gold for a book. At that point I just hold off until (if) they come down. If I have a potential commission for an expensive book I don't have, I usually tell them I'll do the work "at cost" and consider the book part of the cost.. they can either take it up and I get a book (and lose a bit on fuel if it comes to that, but it's still a winning proposition for me) or they can go to someone else (so I don't lose the money).

MOST of the time, the client would rather pay a bit extra for the book than try to broker a deal with someone else, so I usually win. At any rate, I come out ahead financially.

Comment

Working...
              X