Beta NDA lifted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta NDA lifted

Okay, according to Kiara (hot zombie queen that she is) at 10/30/2008 15:41:14 the NDA was lifted on Beta. I made it, but VERY late in the day (a mere 5 days ago). Can some of the folks who made it earlier comment on how they think it went?

My comments are general and mostly relate to things I saw on the boards, I was having enough trouble trying to test some basic stuff on the adventurer side. However, if you need help testing something in Beta, PM me here or send me a tell on Unrest or Beta as Druck.

1. The group TS Missions look to be an interesting diversion. I will leave further comments to those who actually did one (although if anyone needs an 80 provie with epic for one, holler!)

2. The new TS related items in Mara that can be gotten look neat. I especially like the Unicorn, new appearance slot items and some of the harvesting skill boost items.

3. The harvesting AA's are a possibility for those who are straight crafters, but I think they will be seldom taken by anyone who adventures since they have the +health/+mana and speed buffs to choose (this is in agreement with someone from Beta boards, please feel free to elucidate but I don't want to put you on the spot).

Mods, if this should go somewhere else, please move it. I didn't think it was appropriate for Test, although it is not live yet so if I was wrong an assist is welcome.

- Dibbler / Druck

#1 - The Group Crafting Missions are a study in Frustration! I'm referring to the part where you can take a max of (6) people in to do (9) people's job. Someone is going to wind up very frustrated. The recipes are using the proper class's Re-acts and if you aren't that class (ie: Sage) or even type of class (ie: Scholar), you have a good chance at at an epic fail. Not that a fail means much, really. Consider these things to be really, long and slightly annoying Reg. Work Orders. You aren't on a Timer. (Thank Tunare! or at least Domino!) You have an objective, you do it, watch a little fun .. and then get LOOT! *dances*

For those who are panicking at the thought of having to group with someone .. The Group Missions CAN be Soloed. But, I am warning ya .. It will take a LONG time and you WILL be pulling out your hair!

Suggestions: + skill mods are a godsend. Which are some of the rewards we can earn, through Loot drops and Bought Items.

#2 - Isle of Mara .. that beautiful and pretty much forgotten zone .. Is our new "Crafting Headquarters" .. It has been taken over by the "Far Sea Trading Company Supply Division" for their new Headquarters. There are several quests available here, including the Group Missions .. and I don't want to ruin too many things and I'm sure Niami will be doing a write-up soon, so I'll just leave it at that.

#3 - AAs .. yea. We get a new TSO tab, which does include a few "crafting related" AAs. A common Harvest Bonus AA, a +Progress AA and I suppose the +food/drink AA could be considered crafting related and if you have a few extra AAs the +run or +mount speed AAs would be an option. They aren't exactly "pure crafter" oriented since you do have to gain the AAs the normal way but they are a nice "token effort". Good for your Main Adv/Crafter combo, though ... assuming you don't mind "wasting" the AAs from the purely Adv. type ones. (In case you can't tell .. I don't like this system but beggars can't be too choosy)

#4 - We also can attempt (3) other factions in the Overland Zone of "The Moors of Ykesha" we have a series of quests that start on the Dropship Landing area (where you first zone in) and go to each of the main "camps" in the expansion. Again, I'm sure Niami will be doing a write up soon, so I'll leave the rest to her.

#5 - ... More Red Shinies!!!

#6 - a few more Vests, Niami already has my Pixs for the updated looks and should be posting them soon, too. And, just to get you ready .. Either buy the Invisible Sleeves from the Dirty Merchant or change to Tranquil Threadbare before TSO hits live! And, don't say I didn't warn ya!!! /glare!

Comment

I was going to have a writeup ready for today, really I was ... then the official images from SOE didn't show up, so I stalled. Then I was going to work on it today... and my internet went out for many hours before I could fact-check some stuff, much less grab Kaisha's notes, check for the MIA images, and so on.

I'm just getting started on stuff now ... without images ... and with a killer headache and a horrendously bad mood to go with the headache, too.

Will do what I can when I can, but at this rate, my preview might not be up until Monday.

Sorry, folks.

Comment

Invisible sleeves?

I dont see any invisible sleeves on the dirty broker. Is there another broker? or am i missing something?

Comment

I think the invis sleeves (Mantle of Imperceptible Beauty) are only on the void storm Note merchants, not the D.I.R.T.Y merchants. Tranquil Threadbare is T1 cloth though, so any crafter should be able to make (and wear) them as a simple replacement.

Comment

They ARE on the DIRTY merchant (just bought a couple pairs today)... and I think it's the Bracers you'll be wanting, not the Mantle.

(The new "set" armor for TSO doesn't have forearm pieces, just the other six... so you need invis-forearms to have a consistent look.)

Comment

Just an update that the preview is complete, and being given some final polish. I'll have it up tomorrow (Tuesday) m*rning.

Comment

I've dropped this onto the front page of the site, and into the Front Page News section of the forum, but since I know folks will be looking for it here, here it is, with less fanfare, but definitely much excitement!:

TSO Crafting Preview

Comment

Question regarding the crafting group quests: when we attempted it with tradeskillers ranging from 50 to 80, the recipes were all level 80, and we never managed to complete it in the time we had to play, so we moved on to testing other things. Did they ever change how the recipe levels are determined, or is it still from the highest crafter?

Comment

I'll see if I can get more of an answer for you, but am going to go out on a limb and give you what I think is the answer.

The way most instance scaling in EQ2 works, the instance decides based on the level of the first person to enter the zone. (This was mentioned in our beta tour with regards to adventure instances, and the base code is the same.) So, if your level 80 crafter was the first one in the door, that'd be what the instance was set to.

Comment

Very nice write-up on the Shadow Odyssey tradeskill goodies!!! I'm already plotting my approach to completing these.

First step is get my 8 low-level adventurers/level 80 crafters with at least 340 harvesting skill. Fortunately, most are at 240 skill (except fishing) from the Isle of Mara tradeskill quests. I can do this before the expansion comes out.

Thanks for all the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenya View Post
                        Question regarding the crafting group quests: when we attempted it with tradeskillers ranging from 50 to 80, the recipes were all level 80, and we never managed to complete it in the time we had to play, so we moved on to testing other things. Did they ever change how the recipe levels are determined, or is it still from the highest crafter?

I asked Domino this and the fact that the recipes for the Quests in the Moors were all lvl 70 recipes in the Beta forums and she said ..

It's not really possible to auto-scale recipes, but a level 50 crafter should be quite capable of making a level 70 recipe. It'll be harder for them, but when we made the recipes it seemed appropriate that these quests are more challenging if you do them at lower levels, it is after all a level 70+ zone you're in. The recipe levels in the mission instances also do not scale.
                        Also, you might want to note for yourself that when you do actually complete that much higher lvl recipe, you will get a bigger chunk of exp than compared to an "even" lvl recipe.

Comment

I've been under the weather for a few days, but am back in action now. Expect more updates and additions to the TSO preview stuff as "oomph" allows!

Comment

Thanks for all you amazing work...as well as Kaisha. Great job all around and while being sick to boot.

Glad to hear you are feeling slightly better.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KTriol View Post
                              Also, you might want to note for yourself that when you do actually complete that much higher lvl recipe, you will get a bigger chunk of exp than compared to an "even" lvl recipe.
                              Last Frostfell demonstrated that quite nicely, with the candycane ornamental weapons. Completing a lvl 65 or 75 recipe as a ~20 crafter was a HUGE amount of xp, compared to the lvl 25 versions.

Comment

Working...
                              X