Settings for seeing nodes at max distance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings for seeing nodes at max distance

I searched but didn't find anything covering this. I have my performance settings on very high (since my system is a tad old), so I don't lag out. I have noticed, however, that my friends are able to see harvestable nodes far far earlier than I do. Does anyone know what setting I can turn on/up so that I can see these farther off? Or am I just stuck with seeing them only when I trip over them?

Did you try your video card settings? There is one setting for maxing drawing range, perhaps that is it? I would try raising/lowering each of your video settings and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

I'm not sure there is a setting, it may depend on the node. I have experimented with some of the high quality settings, and could not see any difference in the node draw distance. In Antonica, you can see sandwashed stones from a huge distance, while the other nodes only pop in as you walk closer to them.

Comment

Some nodes (rocks, shrubs, etc) are visible from a much further distance than others are. Others, however, wont show up until you are standing on them. However, I dont know if there is any real way of changing this layout, but if you find one please make sure yuo share the info. Id love to work that up as well.
        Tower
        (former)Paladin and Tradesmaster
        Mythic Legion, Druz Ro server

Comment

Options -> models -> Model bias -> maximum... you can see even difficult nodes (dens, logs) from MUCH MUCH further away.

I've been asked if I had some showeq sort of program running by other harvesters. (I don't, at all, but setting the model bias to maximum really does make that much difference). While you're in your in game client options screen, take away all that grass and stuff too, if you haven't... just slows you down and makes the nodes harder to see.

Good luck!

Jeger, Runnyeye

Comment

Wow good advice Jeger.

I was gonna say something about far clip plane but, what you said is better.
            lvl 23 wood elf Ranger, lvl 18 Crafter.

Mistmoore server , residing in the WillowWood.
            Can be found in TS or the Cratfer society

Comment

Perfect, Jeger! Thanks. That is precisely what I was looking for, it just wasn't anywhere near what I was looking at. "Model bias" means what? Oh well, at least that works. Thanks a lot!

This tip probably should be put into the faq as well.

Comment

Another tip, TURN OFF the flora! It is so much easier to see where nodes are if you aren't bogged down with the flora =)

Comment

No need to see them. If you are having performance problems the trick is the TAB key! When you tab, you can tab through everything thats targetable on the screen, including nodes. Do a 180 constantly tabbing and you will never miss another node. It goes pretty far, even if you can't see it.
                  Flashwave - lvl 22 Paladin Lvl 20 Outfitter - Mistmoore
                  Lemniscate - lvl 8 Scout lvl 13 Craftsman

Comment

In addition to all of the hints here, I also tip my camera view (you do use F9 zoomed out right) so the horizon is ALMOST at the top of my screen. Allows you to see over small hills easier, see over mobs, and makes those FAR out nodes show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elyana
                      Another tip, TURN OFF the flora! It is so much easier to see where nodes are if you aren't bogged down with the flora =)
                      But but.. the pretties ><

[Sokolov - 50 Jeweler | 40 Warlock] = [New Outriders - Mistmoore]

Comment

Heh, flora was the first thing I killed when I started playing in beta ... some of that stuff was taller than Niami was!!

Comment

You kidding? There's a valley in the Commonlands where the flora is taller than Durgrok, and he's a max-height ogre!
                          Durgrok Profiseer,
                          Ogre Bruiser/Master Tailor, Everfrost Server
                          First tailor to 50 on server, YAR!
                          ---
                          Formerly Friedrich Psitalon,
                          Founder, Povar-Tarew Artisans

Comment

Niami, everything is taller than you sweetie =)

Comment

Was that the denmother I saw hiding under some of those fungus clumps last night?

Comment

Working...
                              X