*sniffle* Domino left EQ2 team. :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sniffle* Domino left EQ2 team. :(

Ms. Emily Taylor, known to most of us as "Domino" changed her Twitter handle today.

https://twitter.com/#!/pentapod

Here's what she said:
    Let it be noted, @domino_eq2 is henceforth known as @pentapod. Same person, new challenges to face on a new game. Much <3 to EQ2 always!

Zam also posted about it ( http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story=29131 ), and then EQ2wire took the tale and ran a bit beyond what she posted.

Facebook is probably over-viewed right now, so I'm unable to see her post there. The page won't load.

EQ2 official forums has a "Farewell" thread at the following link (hope she will see it!):
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=515355

I expect that we will all miss her input into Norrath.
    Enna Celerdain, Paladin & Armorsmith
    with Lianya Greenleaf, Noxie Nightwing, Zhadow Knowz, etc., on Antonia Bayle server
    Daithe Tsi`Mri, ; Thren O'Dee, Astray Qatt, etc., on Test server, et cetera

Maybe I'm just too gloomy these days, but this feels like a bad omen.

Comment

**Disclaimer**Disclaimer**Disclaimer**

This is my own personal opinion on the matter, not anything I heard from her, or any other source.

**End Disclaimer**End Disclaimer**End Disclaimer**

Domino truly seemed to enjoy working on tradeskills and content creation. She was promoted to fill a desperately needed spot, but it gave her less hands-on, and likely a lot more politics and herding of cats. She'd much rather pamper cats than herd them, I suspect.

Now that there's a Producer onboard, while I the player am doing the /sadpanda face along with countless others, I am hoping for the fabulous person named Emily's sake, that she's going to get a chance, somehow, somewhere, to get back into things that she enjoys more.

I grant you that the timing of learning about it will make those already riled by the EU stuff more antsy, but if today's her last day, this was something in the works before that whole mess exploded ... hence, any timing is purely coincidental.

Comment

I don't think the timing is entirely coincidental, although I do agree that Domino has probably been edging toward the door for some time now. She is supposedly going to work on 'another game.' No hint what or for whom. I keep coming back to the new Twitter handle of 'pentapod'. When I heard that, my first thought was the Traveller 2300AD RPG game of years back. That was one of my all-time favorites and I would love to see an MMORPG version of that. It would be extremely cool if she went to work on something like that. But that's 100% pure speculation on my part.

A more sober guess is that Domino has been actively recruited for some time now and chose this moment to accept an offer to work on someone's upcoming game in a position where she could do real creative work again. It was probably inevitable, and the uproar over the botched PSS1 deal was just extra motivation to do it now.

And this is all my own personal opinion. I speak for no one by myself here.

Comment

Originally posted by Niami DenMother View Post
          *snip*

Domino truly seemed to enjoy working on tradeskills and content creation. She was promoted to fill a desperately needed spot, but it gave her less hands-on, and likely a lot more politics and herding of cats. She'd much rather pamper cats than herd them, I suspect.

*snip*
          That's my best guess, too. *nod*

Still curious if it's another SOE game she's working on, or if she got recruited out of the company.

Either way, our loss is someone else's gain, and I hope the best for her.

She is probably the best thing that ever happened (from SOE's side) to EQ2 tradeskills. She has left behind some mighty big boots that are unlikely to ever be filled so well again.

I also enjoyed her visits to Test server and chat. She'd probably not know me from Eve (I couldn't pass the physical to be mistaken for Adam), but I shall miss her nonetheless.

I hope whatever game team she joins will truly appreciate her, and that she will thrive in it.
          Enna Celerdain, Paladin & Armorsmith
          with Lianya Greenleaf, Noxie Nightwing, Zhadow Knowz, etc., on Antonia Bayle server
          Daithe Tsi`Mri, ; Thren O'Dee, Astray Qatt, etc., on Test server, et cetera

Comment

Truely sad when she moved from ts, she was such a postitive influence, and got many things done most of us craft addicts wanted
            as said wherever she's gone I hope they appreiciate her, she was a ray of sunshine

Comment

Working...
            X