This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Wanted - Item data submissions

If you take a look at the Recipes by Book listing, you'll find quite a few that aren't on the list at all, or whose contents are incomplete.

One of the biggest delays to getting the database up-to-date is the need for item information BEFORE we can enter the corresponding recipes. The worst areas are the scholar-related ones (alchemist, jeweler, sage) and all the spell information, but there are many other gaps as well.

We need readable screenshots of item examine info from items in the missing books (not the examine on the book itself, examine on the items made from the recipes within it). Nothing fancy, and, with the upcoming changes, we need JUST the information on the pristine or app IV versions, if there are multiple versions of the item (no crude, shaped, app II, etc.).

Once more items are in and happy, then we'll go through and ask for recipes for those same books, but even "just" the items would be a huge help right now.

Many thanks to those who are submitting information. It is greatly appreciated! Since we're getting such a lovely flood of item data, I'm going to expand this to say that if you have the recipe data handy, as well as the item data, we'll gladly take both. {grin}

Comment

So just to make sure I have this figured out before I put too much effort into it...

The best way to do this is to crawl through the recipes you have up on the site, and the ones that do not have detail information for either the recipe, the stats of the resultant item, or both, you'd like us to take screenshots of and post them in the Database Submission forum?
      LadyAnnaAnna
      Morvelaira
      "I got one of all of these around... somewhere..."
      Proud bearer of the 'I don't have a clue!' banner!

Comment

Yep, you pretty much have it right.

If there's anything on the site missing, incorrect, or otherwise needing some attention feel free to post screenies of the recipe books, recipes, and item result and we can update them based off that. It might be worth a quick peak in the updates forum to make sure that the data isn't already posted and just awaiting input though, as our volunteers tend to get a bit backlogged (especially after expansions).

=)
        Barx Atthemoon
        9/9 Crafters
        Formerly Officer of < Mayhem > of Antonia Bayle
        Raider in < Vigilance > of Crushbone

"Do no evil because it is a small one; do not leave a small deed undone because it is just a petty one." - Liu Bei

Retired:
        Barx Atthemoon - Druid, Master Tradesman
        Officer of Golden Eagle Trading Company
        EQ Live - Tarew Marr, Once and Forever!

Comment

Weaponsmithing project

I just finished a big project I've been working on. I've made tables for all the weaponsmith melee weapons (minus a few holes in Tier 8, did the best I can though with no EQ2 access right now). Used EQ2411 to gather the info, and it's in printable tables. How can I send the file to you? I've been around here for ages, I just never had anything to post before.

Geoux, Berzerker and Weaponsmith
          Legacy of the Unsung
          Antonia Bayle
          Last edited by Geoux; 01-24-2008, 05:42 PM. Reason: Got my server wrong in a moment of brain-freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoux View Post
            I just finished a big project I've been working on. I've made tables for all the weaponsmith melee weapons (minus a few holes in Tier 8, did the best I can though with no EQ2 access right now). Used EQ2411 to gather the info, and it's in printable tables. How can I send the file to you? I've been around here for ages, I just never had anything to post before.

Geoux, Berzerker and Weaponsmith
            Legacy of the Unsung
            Firiona Vie
            I'll drop you a PM with information on how to mail it to me, since your post count isn't hight enough to make it an attatched file here. Congrats on delurking!

Comment

Howdy,

sorry about posting here but i did not know where to ask this question

i noticed that in your search by book that Advanced Armorer Volumes 50 + were not listed. i was attempting to post screen shots in the appropriate thread but then i realized that i have to have 5 posts under my belt to do this.
              is there a way to get this information to those that need it if it is needed at all ?

I have been a long time user of EQTC and EQ2TC and after all the Help and info i have gotten just from reading your sites i wanted to give back by helping where i could

Enan Silveroak

Comment

Enan,

You can do it a couple of ways. You can start a thread in the Database Update Submissions forum and just reply to your original post with each succeeding picture. If you know some html, you can put all of them in one post, but that's not necessary.

If you to make it even easier, just email them to heilig@comcast.net and I'll post them for you.
                Signature thanks to electrickittykat at gmail.com

Comment

*headdesk*

I just spent about an hour taking screenshots of all the recipes and resulting items from my Weaponsmith Essentials Volume 20 book that I just got for dinging 20, and then cropping the screenschots, only to realize that you already have all of the Weaponsmith books listed.

I didn't see it on the front page, so thought the info was still needed until I clicked on Mum's link in the first post.

Oy. Total blonde moment. Sorry.
                  Last edited by Niami DenMother; 04-15-2010, 10:11 AM. Reason: Eep! To save future confusion, I've now locked this, but see my other response to your post, as it isn't all wasted

Comment

Working...
                  X