Update to Dun Forager Lumun and his Snake Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to Dun Forager Lumun and his Snake Eggs

I was doing the Oakwood Moonblaze "Power Baking" method steps 1 through 3 then the bear meat to 143. Method was quick and simple, which is the way I like it. Decided I did not want to bother with the cakes and instead looked at all the other recipes and choose Pinemyer pasta for skill to 191 as it seemed very easy and I just needed to find eggs (as a mage, I cannot forage). After Merchant Farming in newbie zones (and not having much luck) I read the vendor list and saw Lumun listed as selling eggs. Off to Gukta I go. I waited in the spawn spot that was listed, and waited, and waited. He popped at 12pm (game time) and only has 10 eggs on him, not the 20 that is listed. :x So being the curious guy that I am, I waited for his next spawn. He spawned again at 12am (game time) with another 10 eggs. I waited through 4 spawns 12hrs game time apart each time with only 10 eggs each time. :?

I found that you can hunt 10 or so eggs between spawns pretty easy in Q Hills and then PoK back over and buy the 10 on Lumun. Baking supplies and oven in Gukta are just south of Lumuns spawn spot and through a tunnel to the left. Making good time and skill ups with the pasta, though I kick myself for not looting all the darn Basilisks in Rathe that I killed spawning HG's.
    Arfyak Reflux
    "Is that fresh, killed today?"
    of Brell

I'm sure the NPC info will be appreciated, but for your needs, get a better egg. Basilisk eggs are simple to come by in lavastorm, with much higher yields. (Off the basilisks in case you didn't know)
    Tinile, 85th Druid of the Seventh Hammer
    1750 - 3/12/04, Still plugging away at 2100...
    Baking 300 | Blacksmithing 273 | Brewing 300 | Fletching 300 | Jewel Craft 300 | Pottery 300 | Tailoring 267

Namarie Silmaril, Enchantress of the 67th level
    Baking 135 | Blacksmithing 123 | Brewing 200 | Fletching 168 | Jewel Craft 250 | Pottery 199 | Spell Research 200 | Tailoring 165

Mumtinie, cute little mage of the 61st level
    Tinkering 243 | Research 201 | Tailoring 110 | Blacksmithing 104 | Pottery 76

Comment

Basilisk Eggs

Definitely get some basilisk eggs, but go to Jaggedpine instead. If you zone through Blackburrow instead of Surefall, you end up in the caves near the basilisks. Only the Genitors drop eggs, but you can get up to 5 eggs per kill. Just kill all the regular basilisks if no Genitors are up, and eventually some will spawn. I've never had to wait all that long.

The basilisks con dk blu to low 40's characters, so if you go make sure you can safely kill them.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions and info. I hit up the Jaggedpine Forest and killed a bunch of the basilisks. Excellent! Bought a bunch of cheese and ceramic lining sketches while I was there.

Here griffon, griffon, griffon....
        Arfyak Reflux
        "Is that fresh, killed today?"
        of Brell

Comment

Isnt it way faster and cheaper to do Fillet of Lion to 143 and after that Patty Melts to 191 ? In those two recipes there is absolutely no hunting involved and the price for a stack of lion meat is about 1 pp max, i think even less.
          LazyLizard Saruton
          Dreadlord of Greenmist
          Keeper of the Lost tome of complete and utterly nonsense
          Master Linguist

Comment

/nod Patty Melt is the way to go to 191, save the jaggedpine stuff for post 191 when your other options are MTPs, HMPs, or PoP stuff.

Silound
            And the cleric who finally GM'ed baking

Comment

Working...
            X