X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAQ - Jewelcraft.

Frequently Asked Questions About Jewelcraft in EQ

Q How do I make (Whatever)?
    A Go to www.eqtraders.com and look it up!

Q How do I make (Some rumored, RL, or other recipe not listed)?
    A If it's not there, and it's not on the message board (Check back a couple pages to be sure), NOBODY KNOWS! Most likely it isn't implemented yet, and may never be implemented. At the very least, nobody has discovered the recipe. Feel free to post attempts and DNC messages, but please check to be sure you're not repeating somebody.

Q Why doesn't my jewelry have any stats?
    A You need to enchant the metal before using it to have enchanted jewelry. The enchant silver, gold, etc. spells are for Enchanters only, so you need to be an enchanter or have access to one to make stat jewelry.

Q What can I do with a gemcutter?
    A Take one gemcutter and one uncut hyacinth and put into a jewelry bag. Have a high-level jeweler combine these items and you receive the faceted Hyacinth.
    As far as we know, this is all we have figured out. All other uses are rumors, hoaxes, or wishful thinking. The Gemcutter is made by tinkering, a gnome-only skill.

Q Can I remove gems from jewelry?
    A No. The idea gets brought up every so often, but you can not remove the gem from any player-made or dropped jewelry, sorry.

Q What about Imbued stuff?
    A You'll need an imbued gem, mainly a cleric spell I believe that takes a regular gem, and the enchanted metal. Velium results in DNC. Use of imbued gems restricts wearing to followers of that deity, though they can be made by jewelers of any deity, including agnostic. Stats for Imbued, as well as non-imbued, items can be found at www.eqtraders.com as usual.

Q Why should I do Jewelcraft?
    A You can make powerful stat-enhancing jewelry, plus do a few quests. However, unless you have the services of an enchanter (yourself or a friend) it'll be uphill work all the way.

Q How do I make (jewelry for a specific slot)?
    A Each gem/metal combination makes a particular kind of jewelry. If it doesn't make the kind you want, you are out of luck.

Q Does enchanting metal increase skill faster?
    A No, but it does make the pieces sell for more. If you have the time to enchant the metal, go ahead, but if you have to pay for the service, don't bother, since early on you'll fail too often for it to matter.

Q Where can I get the supplies I need to make my jewelry?
    A Merchants across Norrath sell a variety of jewelcrafting items, including the jeweler's kit. Check the Jewelcraft Trade Supplies list at EQ Traders for a complete breakdown.

Some jewels are not sold by merchants. You will either have to loot these off of a mob, acquire from an NPC or purchase them from another player.

Q I can't find emeralds, rubies, etc. in Freeport. Where are they!?
    A For some reason, certain gems are not sold in Freeport. Some that are also spell components are sold in East Commons at the inn closest to the WC zone. The closest place for a more complete supply is either Neriak or Highpass depending on your factions.

Q Where can I find Fire Opals?
    A With the release of the Luclin Expantion, Verant has seen it fit to add Fire Opals to the selling stock of various gem vendors around the world. So next to Genni - mentioned below you will now find Fire Opals on Vendors as well.
    There is a quest NPC (Genni) in the Temple of Solusek Ro that gives you a Fire Opal if you hand her 55pp (she asks for 550 gold, but 55pp works fine.

Genni can be found in the Temple of Solusek Ro at the following coordinate ( X MARKS THE SPOT )!

Q I got these real cool Chipped gems off the Geonids in Crystal Caverns, they have stats on them, yet I cannot put them into any slot. Can these in any way be used to make Jewelery using the Jewelcraft items?
    A No, currently there is no use for those gems in any tradeskill. You can use them only to sell them to the NPC vendors for cold hard coins.

Q I am hunting various monsters to get chipped and flawed gems to use with the Velious Quest Armors and I found a lot of gems that are not used in the quests, yet have similar names. Can these in any way be used to make Jewelery using the Jewelcraft items?
    A No, currently there is no use for those gems other then selling them to the NPC vendors for cold hard coins.

Q What stats inflence my skilling up and succesrate in jewelcraft?
    A You'll find a complete discussion of this in the FAQ Forum, in the Stats and Tradeskills post.

Q Were there any new jewelcraft recipes added with Luclin?
    A No

Q What about all the new gems from Luclin? They MUST have some jewelcraft use!
    A No

Q C'mon, DenMom, I know you're holding out on me! What are the new Luclin jewelcraft recipes?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
    A There are NO known Luclin jewelcraft recipes at this time. Spamming my mailbox or these message boards will not change this answer.

Q What is Lacquer, and where do I get it?
    A Lacquer is used in making Lacquered Gems, which in turn are used in making some nice pottery items.
    You can find lacquer merchants on the supplies page.

Q What are the trivial skill levels for (whatever) jewellry?
    A Please refer to the following site Gumkak's Stuffz an' Tinkz.
    Gumkak has put together a wonderful tool, just be sure to follow the directions.

Q What should I charge for my crafted Jewelery?
    A It's pretty common practice to charge 2 times the cost of materials for jewel crafted items. There are often exceptions for rare items (blue diamonds) or high-failure-rate items.

You have to decide what you wish to charge, what the market on your server will bear, and other factors which are unique to each servers economy.

EQTraders.com is NOT a price setting site, so this advice is only worth what you make of it
    Last edited by Lothay; 10-18-2003, 09:13 AM.
    Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
    EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Emeralds in Freeport

Aimie Moonspin (bank, N. Freeport, loc -54, -240) now sells 21 gems including emeralds.

Comment

So do you get a enchanter to enchat the bars before you make the jewlery or after. Sorry, I'm new

Comment

Originally posted by Newbeing
        So do you get a enchanter to enchat the bars before you make the jewlery or after. Sorry, I'm new
        If you are just skilling up, it's not necessary. If you want a specific item because of the stats, randome example Black Sapphire Velium Necklace (HP: +65 MANA: +65), then yes, you need to get the metal enchanted.
        Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
        Silky Moderator Lady
        Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

The answer is not "yes," the answer is "before."
          temperance the elf
          a bard on Erollisi Marr

Comment

Gumkak's Stuffz an' Tinkz

Gumkak's Stuffz an' Tinkz is no longer available. Anyone have any replacements for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gereg View Post
              Gumkak's Stuffz an' Tinkz is no longer available. Anyone have any replacements for it?
              Not really needed, just use the Recipe Search on this site...
              Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

Comment

Stats jewelry now requires imbued gem???

Just returned to EQ1 as part of Legacy.
                Got Jewelcraft up to 54 on my baby enchanter using the Tradeskill quests in Crescent Reach.
                Figured great can now make the Silver / Star Rose Quartz INT ring.
                Checked EQTraders recipes. Says put 1 enchanted silver bar plus 1 star rose quartz in jewelcraft kit. Check.
                Hit combine.
                Message - cannot combine these items in this container. What is going on?
                Check recipes again and see Duplicate recipe file. Enchanted Silver bar plus Imbued Star rose quartz. However I need a level 29 cleric from Freeport to get that.
                Does that mean that I cannot craft any stat jewelry any more with just an enchanter???

Please help.

Also been lookin at Kyros's spreadsheet and see Star Rose Quartz gives CHA not INT. Huh? And I don't see anything that I can use on my toons that have newbie gear with slot 7.
                What I was hoping for was a Trivials 54 or lower INT ring that I could craft to help my toons skill up faster. Any suggestions??
                (Baby Halfling Ranger level 10, Baby Vah Shir Beastlord level 5, Baby Gnome Enchanter level 7)

Crestfallen
                Last edited by Pintomeister; 07-03-2008, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pintomeister View Post
                  Figured great can now make the Silver / Star Rose Quartz INT ring.
                  Checked EQTraders recipes. Says put 1 enchanted silver bar plus 1 star rose quartz in jewelcraft kit. Check.
                  Hit combine.
                  Message - cannot combine these items in this container. What is going on?
                  Check recipes again and see Duplicate recipe file. Enchanted Silver bar plus Imbued Star rose quartz. However I need a level 29 cleric from Freeport to get that.
                  Does that mean that I cannot craft any stat jewelry any more with just an enchanter???

Please help.

Also been lookin at Kyros's spreadsheet and see Star Rose Quartz gives CHA not INT. Huh? And I don't see anything that I can use on my toons that have newbie gear with slot 7.
                  What I was hoping for was a Trivials 54 or lower INT ring that I could craft to help my toons skill up faster. Any suggestions??
                  (Baby Halfling Ranger level 10, Baby Vah Shir Beastlord level 5, Baby Gnome Enchanter level 7)

Crestfallen
                  If you found the spreadsheet, you might be aware that the jewelry-making system is totally changed. The old Star Rose Quartz int ring was nice. My alts wore them and I made some to sell. But only old ones remain; no new ones can be created.

Instead, for your babies, you will be crafting a ring base made of electrum. I suggest you go for the Trio setting. The trivial on this is 78. You should be able to make this with a skill of 54, even though you may fail some. However, if you choose, you may settle for the Duo setting with a trivial of 62 or the Solo setting with a trivial of 48. For this you use a bar of Electrum enchanted, a mold to determine the slot and a tool adjusted to Trio or Duo or Solo.

Now, for the gems. They are created separately, and passed on to the user separately. I will suggest some useful ones that can be crafted with lowish trivials. In one trio setting no gem can be repeated. All these gems will be "round cut".

These gems are selected for usefullness, relatively low price and the needs you expressed.

Jade for INT at 98 trivial
                  Wolf's Eye Agate for WIS at 95 trivial
                  Jasper for AGI at 83 trivial
                  Onyx for DEX at 79 trivial
                  Star Rose Quartz for CHA at 91 trivial
                  Peridot for AC at 106 trivial
                  Opal for HP at 114 trivial
                  Emerald for Mana and END at 110 trivial

All of theses gems fit either slot type 11 or slot type 10.

For installation of the gems into the settings, this is done in the augmentation pool in the Guild Lobby, Bazaar, Crescent Reach, and Wayfarer camps around Norrath. With this gem selection, it does not matter which gem is slotted first. But if you were to select a more advanced gem fit for slot 11 only, then that gem must be installed first. CAUTION: Once a gem is installed in the setting the combination becomes NO TRADE. So it is a do-it-yourself activity your your newbie alts.

Gem crafting is even more useful now than ever before with the new options to select gems to meet your needs.
                  Last edited by Paloverde; 03-19-2010, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Jewelcraft newb

Thanks soo much for the Info. Paloverde!

Started checking the bazaar for info and was surprised to see the Round Cut Jacinth very cheap. Now Im curious to see if I can use ;p

Sciari

Comment

recipe list

Hi I'm new to EQ tradeskills and was wondering is there a list/recipe list of the augments that can be made?
                      Last edited by Willya; 04-29-2016, 08:20 PM. Reason: spacing

Comment

You can try looking at the Omens of War recipe list for jewelcraft, those are the ones that can be crafted for armor http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/rec...r=080070068000

You can also put "nimble", "penetrating", "reaching" or "vicious" in your search to find the ones that can go in the matching weapons.

You can search on things like "oval cut", "Marquise cut", "Half-moon cut", "round cut", "square cut", "trilion cut" to find the gems that can go in jewelry.

Other than that, iirc, armor augments are not made with jewelcraft, they are made with pottery.
                        Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
                        AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Working...
                        X