Seals of Darkhollow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seals of Darkhollow

Hoping that these are pottery made since it needs some help.

Anyhow if you go to your DoN Tradeskill Questgiver you will find that he mentions a little more than he used to. (or she - mine is Bill Whistletop):

Bill Whistletop says 'I have four tasks that need to be completed. The first is an adventure into [Beholder's Maze] where you will clear a path for young Halflings so they can make a safe passage through the maze to East Karana. The next you will be tasked with venturing into the heart of [the Hole] where you hunt for some ingredients for my drip clock. The third task leads you into [Karnor's Castle] where you will collect bone specimen for my collection. The final task you will adventure into [Stillmoon temple] and learn about the creatures that inhabit the area. I have also heard about a new [underground] place.'

Bill Whistletop says 'I have heard about the most amazing thing from a new underground area that just opened up. There are these huge Geodes. Can you bring me one? If you do I will give you a new pattern book for some seals you can make for your armor.'

Task window says to give him a Large Darkhollow Geode
    Reward listed is:

Seals of Darkhollow
    tradeskill tagged
    WT 5.0, small

No I don't have one and I have no idea where to get the geode besides a Darkhollow zone.
    Distracted Druid Storm Warden of JinXed on Vazaelle

(see that Moderator tag - well that is for the Vazaelle marketplace, my posts and opinions should not be considered as anything but my own and not reflect poorly on the folks doing all the hard stuff here. )

Its a random drop, or at least my small one was, got the small in Undershore off of a snake.

Comment

had a couple large darkhollow geodes drop in nalgorin's pit..(instance in ruins of Illisalin (sp?) the preemptive strike mission

Comment

text is same for DE

Comment

The Geode MUST be looted. I tried buying one then getting the quest and it did not let me turn it in. Large Darkhollow Geodes are showing up on the merchants so they cant be too rare.
          Amaruk
          55 Monk

Anetu Tsileud
          68 Enchanter
          Journeyman Artisan
          Baking 300, Pottery 200, Fletching 200, JC 297, Brewing 200, Blacksmithing 200, Tailoring 212, Research 200
          1450 club

Comment

Let's just hope you don't get ANOTHER backpack full of patterns...

Comment

Nope, you get a stack of 200 patterns.. have seen 5 drop since i picked my geode up, they're semi rare, but not rare rare...
              Grishnar Dragonbane - 80 Armorer/Assassin & 400 Transmuter
              Beldimar - 80 Alchemist & 400 Tinker
              Gorthag - 80 Sage
              Bigsmot Thincktanck - 80 Jeweler
              Beldain Bladeforger - 80 Weaponsmith/ 75 Berserker & 400 Tinker
              Talmar - 80 Carpenter
              Beldar - 80 Provisioner
              Grishnark - 80 Tailor
              Bellimar - 80 Woodworker

Enlightened Dark
              Unrest

Formerly:

Gorthag Bashinfletcher
              Head Ogre Fletcher of Norrath
              Township Rebellion

Comment

So spill what do you get? Could I get some clues as towhich drops are more important to me and what skill is used?
                Amaruk
                55 Monk

Anetu Tsileud
                68 Enchanter
                Journeyman Artisan
                Baking 300, Pottery 200, Fletching 200, JC 297, Brewing 200, Blacksmithing 200, Tailoring 212, Research 200
                1450 club

Comment

I would just like to know what type of item it makes. Can anyone post an example. Thanks.

Comment

The completed task results in a book:

So smiths, tailors, and tinkers can make use of it. Kinda vauge on the "unique steel" and "unique water" stuff.
                    Rasper Helpdesk

Atlane's Appendix

Comment

So smiths, tailors, and tinkers can make use of it. Kinda vauge on the "unique steel" and "unique water" stuff.
                      I think what he is refering to is: (given that it would be a rare/ish drop)

Bazu Steel
                      Chronal Steel
                      Discordant Steel
                      Last Blood Steel

and the merchant bought Waters
                      Bazu Water
                      Chronal Water
                      Discordant Water
                      Last Blood Water
                      Mensei 88 Rogue (Gnome) Sal3, GM 300 in all base tradeskills +Tinkering & Poison Making (Melee Research 296 - getting there)
                      Menssia 75 Cleric (High Elf) Sal3, GM 300 in all base tradeskills (except Research)
                      (Terror Australis - 'The Rathe/Karana')

Comment

I also found on vendors (unlimited)

Bazu Parts Mold
                        Chronal Parts Mold
                        Discordant Parts Mold
                        Last Blood Parts Mold

Comment

recipe to make the seals is now found - but they are tradeskill tagged and so far have no stats.

The parts molds also havnt been used to make the seal .. so anyone got any more information - hints as to what we do next with them?

Lanthorny

Wildayen

Yanthorny Tinkerbot

Piledan Shambot

Comment

next stage possibly ?

reading this thread thread I am gona have a very very wild guess that this quest parts for belifast is something to with the next stage beyond the seals. that new cultural quest was way too easy for it to be all thats needed to get our hints!

Complete this quest - you automatically get a new task more parts for belifast - where you turn the scarps in (1 of each) and 5 gears and 5 pinions - also turn these in he then taks about 4 brothers and their books and they made nice new things for the gnomes to be able to survive utilizing .. a BASE SEAL .. and the items already listed in the reply to this thread - so this quest to the end is definitely the one - whether we need to do it to be able to make the items though is another issue or if once discovered others will be able to use the recipes discovered.

Also - due to reapers being camped so much - i decided to experiment - aything that is metal can drop the items we need and faction hits from killing superplated gnomes or the patrolling spider models is negligible - they can all drop the items - as can mechanicla spiders and mechanical rat models. Just be careful you dont pull a superplated gnome right in front of a main NPC type in the metal gnome city as these guys will then assist.

After slaughtering many gnomes (good guys) and thir friendly spider models - i was still indifferent.

So far am only running this quest through on my ranger as he has the most tradeskills - looked like a different option fafter doing the original collect to the more parts for bellifast if i had been using my researcher
                            Last edited by Lanthorny; 09-23-2005, 05:47 PM.

Lanthorny

Wildayen

Yanthorny Tinkerbot

Piledan Shambot

Comment

Originally posted by Lanthorny
                              reading this thread thread I am gona have a very very wild guess that this quest parts for belifast is something to with the next stage beyond the seals. that new cultural quest was way too easy for it to be all thats needed to get our hints!
                              The seals are combined with the same-named stones (raid drops, apparently), mechanoinstructions (that give effects), and Epicthick's Lubricating Goo to make the final augs.

As for the molds, they are used by tinkerers to make the seals. The seals can be made with Smithing, Tailoring, OR Tinkering.

Comment

Working...
                              X