SILOS - lets get rid of them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SILOS - lets get rid of them

At the moment research as a skill is borked.

We can no longer learn the skill by bribing our GM's and there isn't the market to support massed spell making runs. I mean who the heck will buy all those spells.

I think it's time that the berriers between the various caster classes came down. Removing the restriction that only those in a particular caster class can make scrolls for thier class now severly limits our skillup chances now that we must use practice instead of GM bribing. Overnight our skillup route would be quadruppled and so would our chances of using all those spare components we see being dropped but can't use because they belong to a different class.

Originally posted by Kakg

We can no longer learn the skill by bribing our GM's and there isn't the market to support massed spell making runs. I mean who the heck will buy all those spells.

I think it's time that the berriers between the various caster classes came down. Removing the restriction that only those in a particular caster class can make scrolls for thier class now severly limits our skillup chances now that we must use practice instead of GM bribing. Overnight our skillup route would be quadruppled and so would our chances of using all those spare components we see being dropped but can't use because they belong to a different class.

Excellent idea )
    Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
    Silky Moderator Lady
    Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

There is something that you can do to raise research with those extra research items. All you need to do is look

http://www.eqtraders.com/search/sear...r=035000000000

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Neferteti Nazguul
      56 Erudite Necromancer
      "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

Originally posted by Kakg

Also allow INT casters to research hybrid spells.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti Nazguul
          There is something that you can do to raise research with those extra research items. All you need to do is look

http://www.eqtraders.com/search/sear...r=035000000000

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

You're missing the point. 3/4 of research recipes are closed off because you can't cross-class research. I as a wizard cannot research enchanter, necro, or mage recipes.

I think its a good idea too.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaladar Bragollach
            You're missing the point. 3/4 of research recipes are closed off because you can't cross-class research. I as a wizard cannot research enchanter, necro, or mage recipes.

I think its a good idea too.

Maybe, but researching as a necro..ahh say a wizard spell. What would I know about a wizard spell? Really. What would I know about something I could not cast. If you love to roleplay..I do..what would a wizard know about summoning a corpse? What would a wizard know about casting chanters illusion spells if they did not grow up casting them?
            Neferteti Nazguul
            56 Erudite Necromancer
            "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

A Chemist can read a book on Biology, and write a summary. A Mage should be able to connect two pages of Salil back together. She can't learn the recipe, but at least can create the spell. At least she can do this as well as she can shammy, druid, and cleric spells!

I see no role play problem with this idea. But wont fully solve the problem - hmmmm....perhaps also breathe some life back into practice runes.

There is a huge advantage that all of us who bought our way to 200 have over new people. Very inconsistant with the ideas of easing off 160 to 190 on other TS. It sounds like they now want to enable new people - they need to do that for research too.
              Obina Redemptus

Comment

Originally posted by Obina
                A Chemist can read a book on Biology, and write a summary. A Mage should be able to connect two pages of Salil back together. She can't learn the recipe, but at least can create the spell. At least she can do this as well as she can shammy, druid, and cleric spells!

I see no role play problem with this idea. But wont fully solve the problem - hmmmm....perhaps also breathe some life back into practice runes.

There is a huge advantage that all of us who bought our way to 200 have over new people. Very inconsistant with the ideas of easing off 160 to 190 on other TS. It sounds like they now want to enable new people - they need to do that for research too.
                Well put!!! My eyes are open.
                Neferteti Nazguul
                56 Erudite Necromancer
                "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

Please check this thread out. Kind of pertains to this also.

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...800#post149800

Although my eyes always remain open. Change is the only thing constant in Everquest.
                  Neferteti Nazguul
                  56 Erudite Necromancer
                  "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti Nazguul
                    Although my eyes always remain open. Change is the only thing constant in Everquest.
                    How very true

They've done it with a number of other things... how about various spell research thru AA system?

She of too many toons....
                    *~Nonih Craftmistress~*
                    *~Zelrian~*
                    *~Docendo~*
                    ~Newly of the Drinal sever - born on Tarew Marr~
                    Let the Skilling Begin!

Comment

Is that what happened??

I finally dinged 68 and went to buy my last 4 points in research only to see the skill not listed.

What patch did that go through on?

Oh, man, and here I was trying to clean research component out to free up bank space.
                      Grenoble
                      Iksar Shaman

Laedria
                      DE Wizardess and Nuker Extroardinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Grenoble
                        Is that what happened??

I finally dinged 68 and went to buy my last 4 points in research only to see the skill not listed.

What patch did that go through on?

Oh, man, and here I was trying to clean research component out to free up bank space.
                        Gads! I hoped you gave them to me hehehe.
                        Neferteti Nazguul
                        56 Erudite Necromancer
                        "Knights of Passion"

The Lost Sith Lord

Comment

I think removing the restriction is a good idea. Let researchers do ALL class spells. And then add in hybrid receipes as well.

You'll have a much wider variety, and chance of making spells to skill up.

Comment

Working...
                          X