Managing mules, inventories, spells, flags, quests, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing mules, inventories, spells, flags, quests, etc

I've written a stand-alone program that reads in the spellbook, inventory, and log files that EQ makes to provide a useful set of reports. If you're interested in trying it, it can be downloaded from http://www.eq-manager.com/InventoryTool.zip
    The download size is a little over 700k and it expands to a little under 4MB. As I use it and find more things I want it to do, I keep updating it, so frequent downloads will find new and better things in it.

The individual character file it generates will list all the inventory they have with links to allakhazam, eqtraders, and lucy (where available). All the spells (or songs) that you're missing, if you're a caster or singer type, along with the upcomming ones you'll need as you level some more (if you still have leveling to do). It lists which keys you have and which you're missing. Then it lists what you still have remaining in your PoP flags. Then lists various quests you're working on and what's still needed to complete them.

It also useful for keeping track of multiple mules/alts or as a guild tool. It will make a consolidated list of the flags for all the characters. It will also make a master inventory file listing everything on all your characters and indicate who has them.

The zip file includes an acrobat instruction file. Also, there's a journal set up on allakhazam at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/jour...ml?user=257463 where I post updates and new release notes.

Give it a try. I hope you'll like it.

[edited to update the link to download site.]
    Last edited by mewkus; 08-10-2006, 08:00 AM.
    -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
    try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Wow, thanks for doing this! Can't wait to try it!

Comment

First: wonderful little tool. Thank you for creating it!

Now, the question....I haven't figured out a way to "harvest" the database numbers from EQTraders (and whether they would mind my doing so). I have at least 12 storage mules spread over 3 accounts, and probably over 200 different item types stored, so looking up each item type number individually would take a substantial amount of time. I can see how to do that in Lucy, but unfortunately, it appears I've have to have their program running while I was running EQ, then I'd have to take each mule and open each bag, to get the item types. Moreover, the app itself is a tar file, which I'm not really equipped to handle.

So--happen to know a quick and easy way to get ID numbers that I can import (i.e. scan down a file and cut/paste the ones I want to search for) into your cross-mule filing routine?

Thanks again.

Fudapuda
      Bertox

Comment

The numbers that lucy uses are the same numbers that sony puts in the inventory file. So, if you have any items on your mules that don't already have the sony numbers in the database, merely running my program will add them to your copy of the database.

I am entering the links for Allakhazam and EQTraders pretty much by hand. There isn't anything that automatically updates the database. So, you'll want to make sure that you check for updates periodically. As it stands now, there isn't a way for users to add Allakhazam or EQTraders numbers to the database. The problem with 'harvesting' eqtc numbers is that there are several items they have with the same name that are not the same (eq imbued v. non imbued jewelry/armor, different bows&arrows, etc).

Comment

And while I am not willing to give out FULL database, I am willing to give out a full listing of item names, EQ_ID, and EQTC_item_ID.

But as mentioned, it is not 100% usefull because

#1 duplicate names (blame SOE!!!)
          #2 we just don't have all EQ_id's to match EQTC_item_id's. This you can blame us, but when we started, the EQ_id's were not really findable, now they are, but that is 10k items to go back and do a mostly manual process (becasue of duplicate names)

now just because I am willing to give out that information, does not mean I curently have it available. I will be thinking more how I might want to do it and make it available.
          Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
          Grandmaster Smith 250
          Master Tailor 200
          Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

wow Thank you!!

I don't post much.. in fact this is probably my first post.. I just couldn't hold back on this one. This thing is awesome.. incredible.. fabulous! I don't think anyone knew just how anal I was about keeping track of things til now.. I absolutely love this.. if it gets any better the excitement may kill me

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to do this

Mel <rabid tradeskiller>
            Welcome to my parlor...

Comment

I think I will give this a try. Very interested in managing stuff, as sometimes I can never remember where I have this stored. Doh!
              Rawckett Launcher
              79 Gnome Wizard of Sol Ro / Bristlebane
              300 Tinkerer; 287 Jeweler; 258 Brewer; 240 Blacksmith; 237 Fletcher; 208 Potter; 204 Baker; 200 Fisherman; 193 Researcher; 183 Tailor

Comment

Servers

When loading the Program the first time it asks for Character name and then Server name.

My toon is on Terew Marr ( Marr ) however program dosn't seem to recognize this.

Don't know if My files are messed up or yer program just dosn't Have Terew Marr down.

Rao

PS what it dose create is really nice. The HTML docs of my inventory are A godsend.
                Rao's gear

Retired from EQ on or around Septemeber 06.

Harp's gear

PS. Molto Has retired. EQ2 has lured core group away.

I quit the game I loved because it wasn't anymore. Guilds allowing farmers in because they could do a lot of damage in raids.
                SoE not really doing anything about farmers, macroquesters ect.
                Still Some of my favorite times spent online happened in Norath. The friends and mobs I remember fondly.

Comment

I've added Marr as an acceptable server name. Also, I've got a journal set up on allakhazam (located here) where I post info on updates and for people to post questions/bug reports (I don't want to clutter up eqtc's boards with that stuff, nor do I want to keep checking all sorts of other message boards for questions and such).

Comment

The journal still isn't working at Allakhazam's it seems, I can't get any of the pages or start a new post. I found that it wouldn't recognize Zek either.

What I wear over my pink panties
                    Necrotalk.com

Comment

Sorry, didn't notice a reply to this till just now. Allakhazam had some kind of a crash a few weeks back and the journals were out for several days. I suspect that may have been the problem you were having. The journals seem to be working now. Also, I just uploaded new code that accepts Zek as a server name.

Comment

Need Help, Please

I cannot get it to work and I cannot find/figure out how to make it work.

I play Everquest from my "D" drive, but this program loads from the "C" drive. Is there a way to change that?

Thanks

Comment

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolrog
                            Holy Thread Resurrection Batman.
                            I considered starting anew thread, but figured I would get yelled at.

Comment

Originally posted by Damudge Deeler
                              I considered starting anew thread, but figured I would get yelled at.
                              LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X