No announcement yet.

skillup formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent a message to the devs to confirm something that's been nagging at me and I just got a reply back.

The skillup formula checks your raw skill; it doesn't take into account any geerloks or other skill modifying items. This is actually a benefit to the player.

Thanks to Absor and Tanker for confirming this.
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Originally posted by KyrosKrane
      To my knowledge, it was never confirmed, even from when they first added alternate stats. DEX for tailoring was only ever mentioned as a possibility.

To directly answer the question, no. To the best of my knowledge, tailoring does not have an alternate stat.
      Still, with the current information on the skillup rate, we can determine this for certain .

Kaysha Soulsinger
      Member of the 1750 club since October 13th 2004
      True strength is not a measure of the body, it's a measure of the soul

Comment

Tanker told us that only smithing and fletching have alternate stats -- STR and DEX, respectively. No others do.
        I should probably qualify this statement, in retrospect. Of the seven general tradeskills, only those two have alternate stats. Tanker also mentioned poison-making using dex, though it slipped my mind earlier.
        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!

Comment

Finally the old chestnut of dexterity affecting tailoring is put to rest. I remember getting dexterity gear, doing some statistics, and convincing myself that dexterity was irrelevant. Most tradeskillers came to the same conclusion, but there were a few diehards that stubbornly maintained that they had higher tailoring skillups with high dexterity.

Thicket
          Thicket Tundrabog
          Heroes Unlimited
          Povar

Comment

Tanker told us that only smithing and fletching have alternate stats -- STR and DEX, respectively. No others do.
            Well... he also said Poison Making for sure, and I think one other.

A

Comment

No, I didn't Absor. Why would you post that when you can just walk down the hall and ask me?? wierdo.
              [Edit] Ok, I said the first part, but not the "other one" part.

Here's the list guys:
              Smithing - STR
              Fletching - DEX
              PoisonMaking - DEX
              END OF LIST <<-- note, there are NO more tradeskills that have alternate attributes.

Comment

Thank you for the definitive answer Tanker.
                Tinile, 85th Druid of the Seventh Hammer
                1750 - 3/12/04, Still plugging away at 2100...
                Baking 300 | Blacksmithing 273 | Brewing 300 | Fletching 300 | Jewel Craft 300 | Pottery 300 | Tailoring 267

Namarie Silmaril, Enchantress of the 67th level
                Baking 135 | Blacksmithing 123 | Brewing 200 | Fletching 168 | Jewel Craft 250 | Pottery 199 | Spell Research 200 | Tailoring 165

Mumtinie, cute little mage of the 61st level
                Tinkering 243 | Research 201 | Tailoring 110 | Blacksmithing 104 | Pottery 76

Comment

Thanks, Tanker

Kaysha Soulsinger

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker
                    No, I didn't Absor. Why would you post that when you can just walk down the hall and ask me?? wierdo.
                    [Edit] Ok, I said the first part, but not the "other one" part.

Here's the list guys:
                    Smithing - STR
                    Fletching - DEX
                    PoisonMaking - DEX
                    END OF LIST <<-- note, there are NO more tradeskills that have alternate attributes.
                    Because I'd have to walk down the hall and ask you.

I got the answer easily enough this way and never had to leave my office.

A

Comment

Kaysha Soulsinger

Comment

Absor,

Please remember that any questions to the SOE team should go through appropriate channels and not be directed through the board.

Comment

I like the way Absor thinks! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Curufea
                            The Y given here are just guess ? Or are they true facts ?
                            Tanker told us that for tailoring, Y = 3. All other values are just guesses for now.

Comment

Thanks Tankor! Didn't we used to think dex affected JC?

Comment

Moved this from the FF thread as I noticed this one. I think this should be the right place for it SOme of the stuff has already been covered but I will post it all anyhow.

Ok I did some calculations looking at best case scenario for max stats and looking at trying to raise skills above 190. I came up with the following breakdown. Note the difference between priest and caster classes verses the rest due to Innate Enlightenment.

Assumptions were that none casters used Dex and Str for Smithing and Fletching so had a PS of 305 while they used Wis or Int for the rest and had a PS of 290. Casters and Priests on the other hand were assumed to have Innate Enlightnement AA which meant they used Wis or Int for all Tradeskills with a PS of 340. I realise not all casters have this AA but was looking at best case scenario hence maxed stats for all.

For a none priests caster with max stats (max Str/Dex 305) Smithing or Fletching

if DF 2 success = 5%
                                fail = 3.8%
                                if DF 3 success = 5%
                                fail = 2.5%
                                if DF 4 success = 3.8%
                                fail = 1.9%

For a none priests or caster with max stats (max Int/Wis 290) Baking/Brewing/JC/Pottery/Tailoring

if DF 2 success = 5%
                                fail = 3.6%
                                if DF 3 success = 4.8%
                                fail = 2.4%
                                if DF 4 success = 3.6%
                                fail = 1.8%

For priests or casters (max Int/Wis 340) All tradeskills

if DF 2 success = 5%
                                fail = 4.3%
                                if DF 3 success = 5%
                                fail = 2.8%
                                if DF 4 success = 4.3%
                                fail = 2.1%

An important thing to note is this means that casters and priests have between 4 - 19% more chance of a skillup on some combines then the rest have. I assume this is not intentional but a product of the AA which has not been taken into account.

The only Tradeskill we know the DF for is tailoring so we can look at this in more detail to see where I get my figures from.

None caster

PS (Wis/Int) 305 - 15 = 290
                                DF = 3

We get on a success (290 x 10)/(3 x 1 ) = 966.67 so we pass C1 96.7% of the time on a success.
                                We get on a fail (290 x 10)/3 x 2) = 483.33 so we pass C1 48.3% of the time on a fail.

Due to looking at skill of 190 + we get a 5% success at C2 which equates to 4.8% chance of a skill up on a success and 2.4% chance of a skillup on a fail.

Casters and Priests

PS (Wis/Int) 355 - 15 = 340
                                DF = 3

We get on a success (340x 10)/(3 x 1 ) = 1133.33 so we pass C1 100% of the time on a success.
                                We get on a fail (340 x 10)/3 x 2) = 566.66so we pass C1 56.7% of the time on a fail.

Due to looking at skill of 190 + we get a 5% success at C2 which equates to 5% chance of a skill up on a success and 2.8% chance of a skillup on a fail.

These may look small, but when we compare them to each other it means a caster gets a skill up on a success 4% more then a none caster and 17% more on a fail. As you can imagine when this is translated into time and money it adds up to a significantly larger investment by the none caster then the caster in skilling up their tradeskills.
                                Upstart Ranger
                                Dark Templars
                                80 Ranger of Xegony
                                My Stuff

Master Artisan

Comment

Working...
                                X