Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - Where do you go for Eggs?

Hey
    I am trying to make clumps of dough for skill and was wondering where everyone went to get Eggs.

I like Lavastom to kill Lava Basilisks, others recommend the basilisks in the caves in Jaggedpine. Either way, one basilisk egg will combine for 15 dough each, so they are the most economical way to go. Good luck!

Phabos Aphsion
    Drunken Paladin of Brell
    Tarew Marr

Comment

it depends on your skill level.. under 35 or so.. Basilisks in Lavastorm, yes..

35+ Basilisks in the caves in JP... if you're a forager you get the bonus of foraging for the ever hidden Plant shoots while you're there..

also from 35-about 45 the basilisks are gonna give ya XP too.. the reason to get the JP ones is simple.. lavastorm ones will drop at MOST 2 eggs that I've see. JP ones will drop up to 6... now, in JP ONLY the basilisk genitors will drop eggs... but hey, one kill, 6 eggs.. not a bad return.

Alliance Artisan
      Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

Foraged all day in Temple of Veeshan while I watched TV

Comment

I pick up every egg I find while merchant mining...

I also find a lot of them in the bazaar....
          Balkin Ironfist (Ominous Deeds)
          56th Myrmidon of Brell Serilis
          Xegony

"Every day of my life forces me to lower my estimate of the average IQ of the Human Race."

Comment

The genitors in JP are definitely worth the effort if 35+. I got to 44 killing the cave basilisks, by then, they were light blue and some were green. Under 35, if you can track and forage, Lavastorm yields more than just lava basilisks for eggs. Ashweed, used in DE cultural robe dye, is one of the entries on the forage table for Lavastorm. There's a number of tradeskill stuff available from mobs in Lavastorm. Imp Blood, Essence of Fire, and a handful of gems all drop in Lavastorm.
            Androsulach Phlithvelve
            Shadow Knight
            Cazic-Thule

54th Season
            Master Smith (174)
            GrandMaster Fletcher (205)
            Master Fisherman (186)
            Master Baker (200)
            Master Brewer (200)
            Master Potter (148)
            Master Tailor (108)
            Journeyman Jeweler (76)

Comment

I vendor mined eggs in Jaggedpine. The gnoll vendors in the caves (if you have decent faction) often have a large supply.

Thicket
              Thicket Tundrabog
              Heroes Unlimited
              Povar

Comment

never even thought of them. will have to check them out.

Maker of Picnics.
                Cooker of things best left unidentified.
                "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Another place to get eggs is Gunthak. Niflik's drop eggs and you can also forage their eggs!
                  Piting 57 Gnome Cleric 7th Hammer, Smithing 188, Leader of the Gnomads
                  Nukying 57 Gnome Wizard 7th Hammer, Tailoring 250+needle, Baking 250+spoon
                  Merling 42 Gnome Magician 7th Hammer, Tinkering 248+spanner, Pottery 180
                  Angekat 29 Vah Shir Shaman 7th Hammer, Brewing 148
                  Kegless 51 Wood Elf Ranger 7th Hammer, Fletching 202, Foraging 200, Baking 68

Comment

Any newbie zone will have snake eggs aplenty. Doesn't make as many as basilisk eggs does, but ANYONE, even lvl 1 newbs, can get them. You can probably find hundreds by merchant mining in your friendly local newbie zone merchants. Also check the merchants in the guildhalls that newbies frequent since they often sell there as well.

If you're killing dragons you're probably not worried about CoV faction, they drop dragon eggs (I think) I know that you can forage them there. They also drop dragon meat which is useful in baking as well.

I perfer JP basilisks because you don't have to hunt them all over the freaking zone, they are all static spawns in one little room, packed for your convenience. Only issue is getting the right ones to spawn and actually being able to kill them.

If you're hunting griffons for meat, I believe they also drop griffon eggs which can be used for dough as well.

Aviak eggs are foraged in BBM, they also yield dough.

It's your choice

Comment

I vendor mine in newb zones for snake eggs, and Gulf of Gunthak for nifilk < sp> eggs, and I also let friends and guildies know I am on the lookout for foraged eggs and I get tons..

I also offer 5pp per stack of snake eggs in newbie zones and a temp and I get a lot that way.

Comment

I started a chanter this last weekend and was hunting in WFP. I got 15 snake eggs in about 45 mins. killing the snakes.

According to the recipes you can make dough with them.

Spi

Comment

I forage my eggs in Western Wastes/ToV.

I use Wurm eggs for clumps of dough (yield 16, I think), and save Drake eggs and Dragon eggs for their respective oils (Drake egg oil used in tailoring, Dragon egg oil used for blessed fishing rods).

I spent a lot of time exping in Western Wastes, so I still have a huge supply of Wurm eggs in the bank. I just take an egg and make dough whenever I run out.

But yes, it really depends on your level. I would agree with the previous posters that if you're a semi-low level, just hunt basilisks/snakes/etc or merchant mine. I see a lot of eggs on merchants in PoK quite often.
                          Lanalia - Storm Warden
                          Glory's Path
                          Bertoxxulous

Comment

Dragon Eggs are the way to go if you can. One egg will make an entire stack of dough, so they are easier on the bank than other types of eggs.
                            Crydee Ossiriand
                            L65 Ranger, Torvonnilous
                            http://www.questing-ranger.com

Comment

with dragon eggs being an easy way to get tailor to 150 on treated silk fibers for blessed fishing poles you basilisk or wurm eggs. dragon eggs can sell for 50pp or more i have seen and that is much more than some extra flour and milk.

Maker of Picnics.
                              Cooker of things best left unidentified.
                              "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Working...
                              X