Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Tradeskill Guide 5.0 (rev.10/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equip a geerlok or the trophy with a 5% or greater mod.

The 220 requirement is modified skill only.

The suggestion is to take a break from 210-212 and do the ether swatches to save you some entrails.

Good luck finding that path. There is nothing that doesnt require a lot of farming for tailoring.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Thank you for the clarification, Aldier. I'm having the most trouble reaching 300 with tailoring by far. =p

Comment

Originally posted by Baggabonez View Post
        Thank you for the clarification, Aldier. I'm having the most trouble reaching 300 with tailoring by far. =p
        This guide is pretty well setup as a general guide. However, depending on your character(s) and your gear/level/aa. There may be another route that is better for you. The other suggestion would be to check the Quick Trivial List for whichever skill and find non-trivial combines and look into what they take and then go after what will work best for you.

I am using the cultural templates to try and finish off my tailoring. I know others are making symbols to finish tailoring. And I have one guildie, not sure why, but is insisting on farming Holgresh, ad infinium, to max tailoring.

Comment

Tailoring trivial question

188 - 210 Epicthieck's Power Belt then Small Epicthieck's Power Belt or try DON symbols
          211 - 212 Ethereal Silk Swatch - Remember to use Geerlok Sewing Contraption
          213 - 252 Epicthieck's Power Belt then Small Epicthieck's Power Belt
          Okay, I'm confused. Can anyone clarify the trivial for the Epicthieck's Power Belts?

Comment

Originally posted by Avodire View Post
            Okay, I'm confused. Can anyone clarify the trivial for the Epicthieck's Power Belts?
            The reason it's split is because the swatches (which are very cheap and easy) cannot be attempted until 220 modified skill...then they trivial at 212.

So, whenever you reach 220 modified skill, switch to swatches (this is usually at 210...unless you have higher than a 5% mod.)

Comment

Any particular reason Batwing Crunchies (#2127, trivial at 46) and Fish Fillet (#2192 trivial at 82) don't seem to be making the list. They are just as easy to make as the fish rolls and have lower trivials which means more success which means quicker skill ups (especially when baking has a higher difficulty setting - at least until you can get wis/int up to 615).
              -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
              try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

You can do the freebie task to get to 54 in either Abysmal Sea or Crescent Reach and that gets you past the Batwing Crunchies.

You can do either, but I think Fish Rolls are just as easy and at those trivial levels, you have fairly high skill up rates to begin with that it does not matter as much.

Again, this is just a guide. This is not the set in stone you must do this to skill up. At those trivials, pretty much ANY combine will be cheap and easy to do. You have the choice to follow this guide or go your own path. Fish rolls are cheap and easy to make and get you up to 135. Fetid Essence is cheap and easy to make for brewing and gets you up to 122. Sure there are other recipes you could do as an intermediate step to those after the freebie tasks, but this is just a guide to simply plot a skill up path to 300 for each skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakespeer View Post
                  SILK TAILORING alternative (Oct 2007 Patch drops)

20 – 35 - Coarse silk
                  40 – 55 - Rough Silk
                  66 – 80 - Tacky Silk
                  90 – 106 - Sullied Silk
                  124 – 132 - Thick Silk
                  158 – 175 - Crude Silk
                  196 – 215 - Natural Silk
                  234 – 255 - Pristine Silk
                  272 – 295 - Fine Silk
                  310 – 335 - Excellent Silk
                  348 – 375 - Superb Silk

LEATHER TAILORING alternative (Oct 2007 Patch drops)

20 – 30 Ruined Animal Pelt
                  40 – 50 Mangled Pelt
                  66 – 75 Tattered Pelt
                  90 – 100 Sullied Pelt
                  124 – 135 Crude Pelt
                  158 – 170 Rough Pelt
                  196 – 210 Flawed Pelt
                  234 – 250 Pristine Pelt
                  272 – 290 Fine Pelt
                  310 – 330 Excellent Pelt
                  348 – 370 Superb Pelt
                  Is there a quick and simple way I can make use of this cultural information, being a human? Or is it all the long drawn out way of questing for a book and then making templates?

Comment

Originally posted by Whipcream View Post
                    Is there a quick and simple way I can make use of this cultural information, being a human? Or is it all the long drawn out way of questing for a book and then making templates?
                    http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=30202

and

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=30180

These are 2 of the other threads in this section. The first is a fairly detailed write up of the process including making templates and armor and symbols. The second is a link to the thread with KryosKrane's chart with trivials of drops and some other information including what is used for what armor and the vendor items needed as well.

Templates require no quests. You just need the recipe which you can experiment to learn (just like all the other recipes) or can see the vendor in PoK, CR, AS... to purchase the book(s) and learn each level of recipes at once. Any race can make any type of template. The templates are the skill up path.

Comment

I'm lost on one thing then - if the templates require no quests, but need a template pattern to make, then where do you get the template pattern?

Here's what I figured out from the supplied link....
                      Originally posted by arvydys View Post
                      step 3: Make the template
                      In order to make the templates you will need:
                      1-3 pieces of ore/hide or 2-6 piece of silk depending on slot. tehse are those mob drops that have been clogging our inventories lately
                      1 fuel (check your recipe. these vary in price by tier)
                      1 chemical type thing (again, check your recipe. these are around 1 gold always)
                      1 template pattern for the specific armor you want to make (also cheap)
                      tailors will also need a storebought needle (not the smithed one)
                      I was along the lines of thinking you had to quest for a book of template patterns, but I have not tried this yet. I think the more I research all of this the more confused I get.

Comment

template pattern is vendor bought. costs a gold and a few silver.

Alliance Artisan
                        Proud owner of Artisan's Prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Whipcream View Post
                          I'm lost on one thing then - if the templates require no quests, but need a template pattern to make, then where do you get the template pattern?

I was along the lines of thinking you had to quest for a book of template patterns, but I have not tried this yet. I think the more I research all of this the more confused I get.
                          Templates need 1 dropped item (silk, animal pelt, or ore) in varying quantity based on the slot the template is for. Bracers need less material than tunics. Also, silk need 2 pieces to replace the "combine to 2 silks to make a swatch" step that used to exist in tailoring.

The coal for smithing and filament for tailoring are vendor sold. The type is different for each tier of templates.

The template pattern is vendor sold. The pattern is the same for all tiers of templates.

The chemical is vendor sold. The chemical is the same for all tiers of templates.

The vendor sold components are all from the same vendor. There are several locations you can get them, check the forums a bunch of other threads detail merchants. (PoK has both smithing and tailoring as a fallback) The coal and filaments are the only vendor sold item that is of any significant platinum cost and then it is only really at the higher tiers. (I think Tier 11 is 54pp each, Tier 13 is a little over 100pp each)

Tailoring uses a simple sewing needle while smithing uses a smithy hammer. These tools are returned on success or fail.

Comment

The same NPCs who sell the fuel and treatments also sell the templates.
                            Roanne LeFaye
                            Warrior Barbarian of the Tribunal
                            Outsider Domination
                            The Seventh Hammer
                            2100 Club + 300 melee Research

Comment

Originally posted by Roanne View Post
                              The same NPCs who sell the fuel and treatments also sell the templates.
                              Hence the
                              The vendor sold components are all from the same vendor.
                              comment.

Comment

From the JC list, "96 - 98 Electrum Rose Necklace" seems to now be called "Electrum Star Amulet". although the link there is still valid.

Comment

Working...
                                X