Fishing Guide: An Impossible Bream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Guide: An Impossible Bream

A hobbit named Taymar once had a http://www.intrigue.co.uk/fishing/dream</a>...

(Hope it's okay to post this here, thought other fishers might enjoy it)

nice lil guide :P
    Lupoman Wulvenshire
    65th season shamen
    62nd Kitty Warrior
    Clansilvermoon-morrel thule

Updated

Thanks Lupo. I'm trying to keep it accurate enough that it is a (admittedly obscure) guide for fishermen travelling to new areas, without breaking the story.

This has been updated with three more zones. The latest entry, Sleepers Tomb, is affectionately dedicated to our very own denmother.

Comment

Great guide - I vote sticky this one.
        Cigarskunk!
        No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

/agree

Sticky :!:

Very entertaining read.

Comment

*beam*

Thank you.

I wasn't really sure if it would be amusing to people other than those who had accompanied me (if you are on Tarew Marr and would like to take me fishing somewhere I haven't been yet, you are more than welcome to send me a /tell but I tried to add enough references to recipes and zone lore to keep it generic.

I've added Crystal Caverns and decided that even though almost all fish are "a meal" there is no way a respectable halfling would eat raw fish and so if they can not be combined with baking ingredients to make a meal they are "inedible."

I'm doing a separate page with all the resulting recipes that Taymar "collected" which I will add at the end.

Comment

Great guide!! I love it
              Journey(wo)man Artisan Kentarre 56 Wood Elven Ranger
              Journey(wo)man Tinkerer Nurkina 30 Gnomish Wizard
              <Eternal Journey>

Comment

Innothule added... I'm trying to keep myself to a schedule of one zone a week atm.

I've also only just realised that there are no zone specific fish on the moon, unless I'm missing something. What a shame !

Comment

Your guide really is a joy to read. Its fun to see Norrath portrayed in story form. I role-play my characters so seldom any more, at least to any great degree, that I sometimes forget that there are stories all around me. Thank you for tell a few of them and reminding me of the magic of EverQuest.
                  Pait Spiritwalker
                  63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
                  The Seventh Hammer

Comment

{falls over, giggling merrily}

Och! I love it! I'm going to go through and edit the subject line so it's a "Dream" instead of a "Bream".

Once we've announced we're in beta for the database, please, please, please corner me about this, Faymar. I'd adore to have this up on the site, but we'd have to set up a way for you to either submit changes to me, or let you edit directly, etc.

It may be that you won't want it up on the site, as we'd be likely to change the color scheme so it could be dropped into our standard template, etc. You may just rather that I put up a link somewhere on the site, etc.

Let's talk about it, BUT please wait until we've announced that the DB is in beta, as I've just got far too many things running around in my brain right now and I fear mind-meltdown is imminent.

Comment

Um, The Impossible Bream as in the fish, it was supposed to be a pun *grin* ... okay, I'll work on that.

Putting it on the site would be problematic I think as it's all automagically generated in PHP from a very simple XML file ... it may work on your server with defaults but I wouldn't count on it.

Anyway, good luck with the database and I'll leave the subject until then.

*wanders off dancing at the compliment*

Comment

Oh that's just beautiful. I always break out my fishing pole when I'm hunting with my Magician and it's become a joke that I'm going to fish in every zone. Good to see someone else had more energy than I have and put up a beautiful web site..

Hope it gets updated as the fishing continues.

Comment

(this hasn't died, I forgot to add a note to it saying I was going away. Will update this weekend

Comment

I did update it that weekend, and again today (the wonders of patch day *grin*)...

Unfortunately, I also took a look at the number of zones with zone specific fish in them and am now feeling quite frankly overwhelmed

Comment

I do hope you continue updating your fishing expeditions. I do so enjoy reading them. I had hoped you might have visited the Tower of Frozen Shadow. I journeyed there recently with friends and fished in one of the most disgusting places I’ve ever cast a line. In the room where the wedding party gathers, I believe it’s on the 5th floor; there is square pool of blood. As all of the undead wedding party was lying in pieces on the ground, I decided I’d attempt fishing in this revolting pool. I summoned my fishing pole and cast my line. To my surprise I managed to pull in three fresh fish. Unfortunately, I had only three fishing grubs with me, as I had used up the rest earlyer that day in Ak'Anon, so I did not get to fish any further. I’ve heard rumor that there are fish to be found in the tower that spawn in no other water in Norrath. I hope to one day return with a larger supply of bait. And I also hope to find an actual pool of water to fish from. I don’t think I could bring myself to eat fish that thrive in blood.
                              Pait Spiritwalker
                              63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
                              The Seventh Hammer

Comment

Working...
                              X