X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAQ: Pottery

GENERAL:
    Q: How do I make (Whatever)?
    A: Go to www.eqtraders.com and look it up! The best place for pottery recipes is on the Pottery Recipe Page.

Q: How do I make (Some rumored, RL, or other recipe not listed)?
    A: If it's not there, and it's not on the message board (Check back a couple pages to be sure), NOBODY KNOWS! Most likely it isn't implemented yet, and may never be implemented. At the very least, nobody has discovered the recipe. Feel free to post attempts and DNC messages, but please check to be sure you're not repeating somebody.

Q: Why shouldn't I fire the early stuff I make for skill?
    A: Time. If you follow the guide in the learn-a-skill section of www.eqtraders.com, you make jars and bowls, which are containers and thus take up a lot of space. Also, it requires buying firing sheets, going to the kiln, and not making back all that much. Plus, the trivial for firing anything is very low, something like 15 or so, and new potters get the idea their recipe is trivial before it is. That being said, there's nothing stopping you from firing your bowls and jars and trying to break even.

Q: How do I skill up after 128?
    A: There are 2 choices to 148, the more popular being poison vials, since even the unfired vials stack and firing them can be a good idea. After that is lined vials, Sealed vials and Idols (>200). That's it.

Q: Why should I do Pottery?
    A: You can make baking implements (which no vendor regularly sells), Poison vials (possibly for less than the vendors sell them for), and the deities and Idols that pump stats. You can also make Spiritstones that allow Shamans and Clerics to gate to their hometown.

Q: Is there such thing as a pottery wheel I can carry around like a sewing kit or spit?
    A: Currently, no.

POISON VIALS:
    Q: What kind of skins can I use to make the poison vials?
    A: Pelts obtained from Antonica, Faydwer and Odus generally work unless they are ruined . If you have any question, check here. Most potters generally collect zombie skins for them, and a lot of others prefer white, silver, black wolf skins and puma skins since they aren't used for anything else. You can also use Crows Special Brew which is sold at several vendors across the world.

IDOLS:
    Q: Where can I get sand of ro?
    A: These drop off sand giants in Northern Ro, Oasis of Marr and Southern Ro.

SPELLS:
    Q: Where do I get an imbued gem?
    A: Imbued gems are obtained by having a Cleric, Druid, Shaman or Wizard that is level 29 or higher cast an imbue spell on them. Wizards can only imbue Fire Opals (for Solusek Ro).

Q: Do I need to worship the god(dess) to make an imbued item?
    A: No, anyone with a good pottery skill can make imbued items, you will only be able to wear the one for your deity though.

Q: How do I get magic clay?
    A: Enchanters (level 8 or higher) can cast Enchant: Clay which will turn a large block of clay into a large block of magic clay.

Q: How do I get distilled mana, purified mana, viscous mana, clear mana and cloudy mana?
    A: Enchanters get a line of 5 spells that will make these for you. Each spell requires a poison vial and a certain amount of gems.
    - Viscous Mana is made with the spell Thicken Mana that Enchanters get at level 12. Each viscous mana requires 1 poison vial and 1 pearl.
    - Cloudy Mana is made with the spell Crystallize Mana that Enchanters get at level 20. Each viscous mana requires 1 poison vial and 1 peridot.
    - Clear Mana is made with the spell Clarify Mana that Enchanters get at level 29. Each viscous mana requires 1 poison vial and 1 emerald.
    - Distilled Mana is made with the spell Distill Mana that Enchanters get at level 39. Each viscous mana requires 1 poison vial and TWO sapphires.
    - Purified Mana is made with the spell Purify Mana that Enchanters get at level 49. Each viscous mana requires 1 poison vial and FOUR rubies.

Q: Where can I buy the spells to make the vials of mana?
    A: The brownies in Lesser Faydark sell them. Using an illusion to turn yourself into a wolf, elemental, etc. should up your faction enough to get them to sell to you.

CELESTIAL ESSENCE:
    Q: How do I make celestial essence?
    A: Combine celestial solvent (sold on venders in Shadow Haven and Bazaar) in a mortar and pestle with a research page. You can check for a full list here.

GLAZES:
    Q: What are glazes for?
    A: Currently, only two types of glazes exist: divine crystalline and Misty. Glazes are required for certain recipes in addition to a firing sheet to give your product that extra shiny finish. Divine crystalline glazes are required in idols and spiritstones. Misty glaze is currently only used for the crucible of escape.

Q: How do I make divine crystalline glaze?
    A: Combine 1 permafrost crystal, 1 iron oxide, 1 white lead and 1 flask of water in a Glaze Mortar.

Q: Where do I get Permafrost crystals?
    A: Permafrost - They are a ground spawn as well as a drop from the mobs in the zone.

Q: Where do I get Iron Oxide?
    A: Iron Oxide can be obtained in several places. The most obvious place to obtain these is off elementals. Elementals in Najena, Steamfont, The Hole, Solusek's Eye (A), and Twilight (fire elementals). It can also be obtained off several rock type mobs such as those in Akheva, the Grey, the Hole, City of Mist, and Mons Letalis. They are also ground spawns in Steamfont.

Q: Where do I get White Lead?
    A: White Lead is made by combining lead sulphide and limestone in a Mortar and Pestle. Both items are sold in Kaladim near the Rogue guild. It is a no-fail combine, so anyone can make it.

---

Q: How do I make Misty Glaze?
    A: Combine 2 opal powders, 1 sarcoscypha fungus and 1 kunzar glue in a Mortar Glaze.

Q: How do I make opal powder?
    A: Combine 1 opal and 1 jar of acid in a kiln.

Q: Where can I find sarcoscypha fungus?
    A: The fungus is a ground spawn in the mushroom village in Lesser Faydark, but also drops off of Mushroom Drones in Upper Guk, Fungus Trackers in Innothule and Jack-O-Lanterns in Unrest.

Q: How do I make kunzar glue?
    A: Combine water and kunzar bones in a spit/oven. Kunzar bone is gotten from combining a kunzar koi (fished in Sebilis) filleting knife (smithed), root (foraged) and celandine (alchemy supply) in a tackle box.

STEINS:
    Q: Where do I get a lacquered gem?
    A: Jewelcrafters can lacquer a gem by combining the gem with a jar of lacquer in a jewelcraft kit.

FAITHSTONES:
    Q: What does the effect on my Faithstone do?
    A: For Clerics, it takes you near the Cleric guild in your hometown. The Shaman ones have the same effects as the potions they can make for alchemy and take them to the same locations.

Q: I made a Faithstone and it doesn't say I have to equip it, does that mean I can use it too?
    A: No, Verant recently added a code where items with right-click effects could be cast from inventory but still check to make sure the proper person is casting it.

Q: How do I make the essence for the Faithstone?
    A: Each essence requires either a fished or foraged item (with the exception of Innothule essence which requires Innothule Mushrooms or Swamp Vegetables, both which are ground spawns). You combine the item in a brewing barrel with a flask of water, so check the Brewing Recipe Section for more information.

Q: Can I use a Faithstone since it doesn't have to be equipped?
    A: Although Faithstones do not need to be equipped, you must be level 51 or higher to use them. The diety restriction also still applies.

NOTE: Please only respond to this post with Q&A's you think should be added to this post. If you have a question you would like answered, search the threads, and if you still can't find it, start a new one. Thanks.
    Last edited by KyrosKrane; 04-17-2007, 10:11 AM. Reason: Updated many links and spelling errors

Planes of Power FAQ
    NOTE: Will later be merged with the other FAQ.

Q: Who can Imbue the stuff I need for the Planar recipes?
    A: Enchanters can cast any of the imbues, but several other classes can cast specific ones that make sense for the class to cast.

Magicians: Imbue Fire, Water, Earth and Air
    Necromancers:Imbue Nightmare, Disease and Torment
    Shamans: Imbue War, Justice and Disease
    Clerics: Imbue Valor
    Druids: Imbue Storm.

Q: How do I get the imbue spell?
    A: You must combine the appropriate components (eg raw diamond and nightmare mephit blood for Imbue Nightmare) and a copy of imbue diamond in a Planer Jewelcrafting Kit. Imbue Diamond can be bought in Norther Freeport. Raw diamonds drop in various PoP zones and the other component drops in the appropriate zone for the imbue (eg stormrider blood for Imbue Storms drops in Plane of Storms).

Q: I tried making one of the new recipes, but it just won't work! I'm positive I'm using the right stuff, but I keep getting DNC. What am I doing wrong?
    A: All Planar recipes must be combined in the appropriate planar container. This means you must either go to Plane of Knowledge to do the combine or buy a kit in Plane of Knowledge to use.

Q: Why is it telling me I'm too low to do this combine?
    A: With the release of PoP, Verant added code that could prevent people with too little skill of doing a combine. We haven't gotten many of the required skill levels figured out, but all of the ones we have know have been posted. Geerlok and other skill mod % items are taken into account, so you can actually have below the required skill and do the combine.

Q: How does Tanaan Crafting Mastery work?
    A: For 3 AA points (obtained after level 51), you can train this skill. It allows you to get an additional tradeskill over 200. Be careful though. The first skill you get over 200 is the one you are stuck with for this, so if you have multiple tradeskills at 200, make sure you can get over 200 with the one you want as fast as you can so you don't make a mistake.
    Last edited by Lothay; 08-08-2004, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Hi, one editing correction:

"Q: How do I get distilled mana, purified mana, viscous mana, clear mana and cloudy mana?
      A: Enchanters get a line of 5 spells that will make these for you. Each spell requires a poison vial and a certain amount of gems.
      - Viscous Mana is made with the spell Thicken Mana that Enchanters get at level 12. Each viscous mana requires 1 poison vial and 1 pearl.
      - Cloudy Mana is made with the spell Crystallize Mana that Enchanters get at level 20. Each viscous mana requires 1 poison vial and 1 peridot.
      - Clear Mana is made with the spell Clarify Mana that Enchanters get at level 29. Each viscous mana requires 1 poison vial and 1 emerald.
      - Distilled Mana is made with the spell Distill Mana that Enchanters get at level 39. Each viscous mana requires 1 poison vial and TWO sapphires.
      - Purified Mana is made with the spell Purify Mana that Enchanters get at level 49. Each viscous mana requires 1 poison vial and FOUR rubies."

The name "viscous" mana was used for each item, cut and pasted, instead of changing to match the items after viscous.

Comment

Changes to the FAQ

Due to changes in Illusions and Factions, the use of any Enchanter illusion is not sufficient to purchase from the Brownie vendors. There are, however, three alternatives.

1) Use of Druid or Ranger wolf form. These spells did not get affected by the patch and therefore should make you at least apprehensive to the Brownies.

2) It's a bit trickier and takes some work (and probably a few deaths) but using a rogue with sneak / hide can sometimes work. Note that eventually the Brownie guards will discover the interloper and slaughter them.

3) Finally, Bards (being the only other class that has faction adjusting ability) can use Cinda's Charismatic Carillion (Level 11 song) to get to at least dubious. Then, using their Sneak skill (innate for Vah Shir, level 17 for all others) they can get behind the merchant and purchase spells.

Until or unless changes are made to the game, these are the only way for Enchanters to obtain their mana vial spells.
        -Cuiva Lapdancer, Gnome Enchantress

Comment

Originally posted by Cantatus
          Q: I tried making one of the new recipes, but it just won't work! I'm positive I'm using the right stuff, but I keep getting DNC. What am I doing wrong?
          A: All Planar recipes must be combined in the appropriate planar container. This means you must either go to Plane of Knowledge to do the combine or buy a kit in Plane of Knowledge to use.
          Most of these combines can now also be done in collapsed containers.
          ~Tudani
          Retired Shamaness of Talisman
          Tunare

"Measure twice, cut once."

Comment

Secondary Stat for Pottery?

I know with smithing STR is a secondary stat that can be used instead of INT/WIS for easier skill ups... and fletching uses DEX.

Is there one for pottery, or is it just straight WIS/INT? Kinda makes it hard for my dumb (unbuffed wis 79/int 75) Rogue to skill up pottery
            Grae Wandreilagh
            Ranger - 47 ... Rogue - 61
            Jesters of Terris Thule

Comment

Re: Secondary Stat for Pottery?

Originally posted by Grae
              I know with smithing STR is a secondary stat that can be used instead of INT/WIS for easier skill ups... and fletching uses DEX.

Is there one for pottery, or is it just straight WIS/INT? Kinda makes it hard for my dumb (unbuffed wis 79/int 75) Rogue to skill up pottery
              In the General FAQ

You will find the answer to your question in response to:

Q: What stats are used in what skills?
              Brother Krazick Bloodyscales 65th Trial Scaley Transcendent
              Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
              --Officer of The Renegades--
              --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

ok... appropriately smacked with the daily clue-by-four

I thought it would make sense to have some of this info in a faq for the tradeskill in question, thus I looked/asked here instead of in the general info stuff.. my bad.

Keep up the great work
                Grae Wandreilagh
                Ranger - 47 ... Rogue - 61
                Jesters of Terris Thule

Comment

The chanter mana line of spells is available in HHK as well as the brownies, even though this is an old post I'd thought I'd add this at the to anyone who is not aware of the current situation and see's this.

Krystalle Corsair @ -93, 232, first floor, behind a door

Comment

clarify mana line of spells

The mass line of these spells are also available from a couple of the East Commonlands vedor's located in the tunnel to North Ro.

Comment

Broken link...

CELESTIAL ESSENCE:
                      Q: How do I make celestial essence?
                      A: Combine celestial solvent (sold on venders in Shadow Haven and Bazaar) in a mortar and pestle with a research page. You can check for a full list here.
                      The link above leads to http://www.eqtraders.com/secrets/celestial_solvent.htm which no longer exists. I get this message instead:

We are sorry, /secrets/celestial_solvent.htm does not exist.
                      You came here from http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/newr...noquote=1&p=66 make sure that site knows that /secrets/celestial_solvent.htm does not exist.

Comment

Celestial Solvent

Originally posted by Grolyn
                        The link above leads to http://www.eqtraders.com/secrets/celestial_solvent.htm which no longer exists.
                        Frankly, if you have the GoD expansion, the easiest way to make Celestial Essence is to go to the poison merchants in Abysmal Sea, who sell both the Solvent and Scent of Marr, which is one of the many things that can be combined to make the essence. I used to make Celestial Essence while practicing fishing off the dock there.

Comment

Why go all the way to Abysmal Sea when PoK merchants are like 3 seconds from each other
                          Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
                          70 Paladin of Tunare
                          My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
                          (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
                          (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
                          Salvage3
                          Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
                          Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

Originally posted by Secone
                            Why go all the way to Abysmal Sea when PoK merchants are like 3 seconds from each other
                            Because the fishing's so much better in Abysmal Sea, silly!

Comment

There is a fishing spot right in the midle of the 2 merchants in PoK
                              Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
                              70 Paladin of Tunare
                              My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
                              (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
                              (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
                              Salvage3
                              Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
                              Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

Comment

Working...
                              X