This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aid Grimel : Signet of Might!

after approx spending 900k plats and failing jc earing twice fire tunic 4 times
    failing air bow 3 times! Finally completed this insane quest today! Signet of
    Might is mine! All mine! (insane cackle!)
    Cleetis Von Assling
    65 (361) Rogue
    Vazaelle Server

Comment

Signet of Might

Finally after SO much time clicking the combine button. I finished this pita quest and was rewarded with the Signet of might.

250 +5% in smithing 1/1
      250 +5% in brewing 1/1
      250 +5% in JC 1/1
      250 +5% in pottery 1/1
      223 +5% in tailoring 1/2
      250 +5% in Fletching 1/1
      250 +5% in baking 2/5

SO nice to be done with it.. now time to play catch up with the rest of the guild.. hehehe
      Glicknib
      65 Underlord of Dawntreaders
      Terris Thule
      Owner of the elusive "Signet of Might"
      250 Jewler + Trophy, 250 Fletcher, 250 Brewer, 250 Potter, 250 Baker, 250 Smith, 223 Tailor, 200 Fisher, 158 tinker.... 300 Carpel Tunnel

Comment

Well, I'm not done with Signet, but I'm just so happy I had to post. First attempt on Robe this morning at 237 skill (modded), BOOM. Fletching will need some work, but hopefully done soon enough, but my dice have been loaded and having good luck with it so far.

1/1
        1/1
        1/1
        1/1
        1/1

-Twin
        Make Poison (250), Baking (226), Tailoring (226), BlackSmithing (221), Fletching (200), Brewing (241), JewelCraft (250), Pottery (250)

Comment

finished my 8th shawl today (june 6). seven months of pain are finally over !

Comment

Ah, I know this is late. I finished the tradeskill part of the 8th shawl back in Feb. I only failed one combine in all the clicks of shawls 1-8, and that 1 fail was attaching a gem to one of the final armor pieces.

Now if I could only find some people who would want to do the walk with me, sigh. Tradeskills!? Easy! Walk, hardest thing ever!

Comment

Today this happy paladin completed the Grimel Tragedy. Only Failed on a couple of minor combines and got Robe on 3rd Attempt. Also have completed the 8th shawl a while back (twice, once for an alt).

Regards

GV
              Last edited by Gravell; 06-30-2004, 03:13 AM.
              Gravell Stone'Heart
              Dwarf Ronin & Lord Protector of Brell

Comment

Grats, and long time no see!
                Muse Doremi Fasolatido, 99.4% retired
                Magelo || AllaKhazam

Comment

Finished 8th shawl, hehe... bet not many monks have one of those, lol.
                  Zararazu Twoflower, 66 iksar monk, Solusek Ro

Grandmaster Linguist (100 in all 25 languages), Grandmaster Brewer (250+trophy), Grandmaster Fisherman (200), Master Baker (200), Master Fletcher (200), Master Potter (200), Master Jeweller (200), Master Smith (200), Master Tailor (187).

Comment

Woot got 250x7=1750 tradeskillling on July 5th, 2004!

-Bolas
                    Buy My Stuff!

Comment

Aid Grimel quest

After years of tradeskilling, I had GMed 4 different tradeskills, each on a different character and had achieved 200 in all the other tradeskills, sometimes on multiple characters. While joining the 1750 club and completing the Aid Grimel quest was always a goal, I never belonged to a guild capable of earning the needed flags, and never ground out enough aa points to buy the NTCM skills.

At the beginning of April, I finally joined an elemental guild and began a rather intense effort to complete the quest.

First it took four weeks to collect all the flags to catch up with the guild, which is now in Time and Ikkinz. Then I needed a couple more weeks to earn a few more aa points, purchase the last levels of NTCM and reach 220+ in all of the tradeskills. Still more weeks were spent farming, vendor mining and locating in the bazaar all the components for the tradeskill portions of the quest. Finally, two agonizing weeks went by looking for a Hope Stone, which had not dropped in any of the many elemental experience groups or raids I attended prior to completing the Marked Runed Signet.

I still need 15 points of Blacksmithing to reach the 1750 club, but as of July 14, 2004 I am the proud (tired) wearer of a Signet of Might.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this community for the information, support and encouragement (direct and indirect) that made this effort possible.
                      Master Artisan Taadieri
                      Sanctus Arcanum - Drinal (formerly Tarew Marr)

Comment

Signet done!!

After 27 saps and 9 tailoring combines I made the robe for aid grimel!! did bow and baking combine on first attempts!! weeeeee I am done!!!

Comment

YAY finished Signet of the Arcane, surprising had no fails throughout, Bristlebane was smiling on me!!

Comment

Got my Signet finally - did the fletching and fire garment part with 1 combine

also hit 250 Blacksmithing finally. Was at 249 for what seemed like 6 months at least!
                            Axemaster - Cleric 70
                            Lilaxe - Warrior 70
                            Baz Mule

Comment

Aid Grimel slave no more!

Finished my Aid Grimel set today: Signet of Might, Marked Runed Signet, and Velium Blue Diamond Ring. It feels good to pass by spiders and other green-con tradeskill mobs and have no desire to kill them.

Comment

Weeeee made my fire tunic on the first try at 220+ geerlok. Now to get 8 more skill points for 240 fletching and try the bow.

Comment

Working...
                                X