Posting Guidelines for this Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Guidelines for this Forum

Welcome to the new database! It's been a lot of work and we know it still has some rough edges here and there.

Here's a few things to help corrections and such get onto the site more quickly:
    • Post in this forum with anything you find that is incorrect on the site.
    • Don't post feature requests. We'll let you know when we're ready.
    • Don't start flinging Niami technical questions about the back end and the queries. She'll just give you some lovely blank looks, as she leaves such stuff to her hubby, Ngreth. ;D
    • Things will be moved when we make the fixes mentioned in the post. Please don't panic.
    • Posts that don't belong here can/will be nuked as well.
    • Please don't bump posts.

More details:

Just the updates, m'am. If you find an incorrect trivial, searches coming up with wrong information, recipes that are incorrect, etc, post here.

But I want to be able to .... We're not going to be able to please everyone, and we also need some time for the dust to settle before we listen to more feature requests. Hold those thoughts and comments. When we're ready to listen to more, we'll let you know, but still won't promise that what you want is something we can/will do.

'Mum didn't code it! Yes, I had my fingers in the data side of things, but Ngreth's the one who's been hard at work coding all this, beating it with a large hammer, being poked at with a sharp stick by the alpha/beta folks, etc. He deserves the congratulations, and he's the only one who can answer the stray technical queries some of you seem to enjoy flinging into my mailbox. Dumb looks are free, though, and if you insist on mailing these questions to Niami, she'll be more than happy to keep deleting them, k? ;D

We will nuke things!. As we finish fixing things based on posts, we will move them to the Database Updates Completed forum. And yes, we actually DO expect folks to come to a text site and read, so if you refuse to read that this forum is for database updates, and post other stuff in this forum, we're very likely to simply delete it to get it out of the way.

Please don't bump posts I know folks are eager to get all the nigglies tackled, but there's a finite number of us making changes, and RL is hitting several of us hard, it seems. Please have patience. If a post is not locked, it means we've not tackled it yet for one reason or another.
    Last edited by Verdandi; 11-11-2003, 12:28 PM.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

Please note, I don't take blanket statements like "All of the XXX should be ..."... or "Logically these should be YYY..." only expressly verified and documented (ie posted here) specific items, recipes, trivials will be updated in the database. Thanks!

SOE has made mistakes in the past that makes accepting statements like this unreliable.
    Brother Krazick Bloodyscales 65th Trial Scaley Transcendent
    Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
    --Officer of The Renegades--
    --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

Working...
    X