Forage bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forage bug?

Been noticing lately that alot of peeps are selling great deals of the harder to forage items (planar branch, tea leaves, dragon eggs, etc...) I have also been foraging myself and at one time foraged 17 waters in a row, not sure what I did to cause this or was it just luck. was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this? Thanks

1. The RNG is a fickle mistress. Long runs of odd forages are certainly possible.

2. Despite explicit rules against it, many people use programs to auto-forage while asleep or at work, enabling them to gather large quantities of the rare forages.

Chase
    Half-Elven Ranger of Tunare
    66 seasons wandering the wood in defense of Her creatures
    Chivalrous Valor
    Firiona Vie

Comment

Another forage question

I have not seen that on E`ci. It would be interesting to see what others have experienced.

While I am here, I do have another forage queston. I have the foraging machette. I am a 34th level ranger, and I forage automatically as I turn right [not a macro, not while I am away, just a hot key], so I generally get my five points per level quite quickly. Since I got the machette, even though I don't equip it much, my skills-ups have slowed. When I went from 33rd to 34th, I jumped from (I think) 155 to 159 really quickly, then stalled.

It happens that 155 *1.1 is about 170 and 159 * 1.1 is about 175. Those are my true skill caps at 33rd and 34th levels.

Do you think the game is treating my modified forage skill as my true skill for testing for skill ups? I plan to put the machette in the bank when I next play and see if I start skilling up again. And then if it doesn;t work, i will hand it to an alt and see what happens.

As a point of comparison, I basically do sense heading, track and forage more or less on autopilot (straight ahead, left turn, right turn) and the other two skills have both reached 174 or 175 through this same process, while forage is at 159 and has not budged since right after I hit 34th.

Anyone have any thoughts? I am curious if this is a known experience, a bug, a feature, etc.

Thanks!

Andy
      Andyhre playing Guiscard, 78th-level Ranger, E`ci (Tunare)
      Master Artisan (2100 Club), Wielder of the Fully Functional Artisan's Charm, Proud carrier of the 8th shawl

with occasion to call upon Gnomedeguerre, 16th-level Wizard, Master Tinker, E`ci (Tunare)

and in shouting range of Vassl Ofguiscard, 73rd-level Enchanter, GM Jewelcrafter, E`ci (Tunare)

Comment

Honestly? RNG can be fickle about skillups too. I never got my sense heading over 150 until I hit 55, and same as you, I had it bound to my left turn (forage to right). Especially odd since I like to kite by running in counterclockwise circles...

Silound
        Retired Smith and Troubadour of Prexus

Comment

If anything, I have been getting far less dragon eggs, planar oaks, etc. I don't think it's any type of bug, just RNG.

--Myrron
          Myrron Lifewarder, <Celestial Navigators>, Retired

Grandmaster Tailor ( 250 ) Master Brewer ( 200 ) Master Fletcher ( 200 ) Master Jewelcrafter ( 200 ) Master Smith ( 200 ) Master Baker ( 191 ) Master Potter ( 190 )

Comment

Re: Another forage question

Originally posted by andyhre
            As a point of comparison, I basically do sense heading, track and forage more or less on autopilot (straight ahead, left turn, right turn) and the other two skills have both reached 174 or 175 through this same process, while forage is at 159 and has not budged since right after I hit 34th.
            My experience was that foraging skill-ups really started to slow down somewhere after 150. Despite hitting forage habitually, even in combat (atk off, forage, atk on), I didn't max out the skill until well into my 50s. I don't think it has anything to do with your machete, you've just reached the foraging skill-up doldrums.
            Magrath Morrigu

Comment

Working...
            X