What is a flawless tae ew hide worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a flawless tae ew hide worth?

Just curios as to what a flawless tae ew hide is worth?

I hear they are ultra rare. I have yet to see on in the bazaar for sale.

Just wondering what the ~ value of one would be if I could convince someone to sell me on

Of course, you are going to hear how price quotes are meaningless due to different server economies (esp. with ultra-rare items). However, any info is worthwhile, I would think, and so I will say that in all my time in the bazaar on Xev, I have seen one for sale, and that for 4k. It was purchased at that price (although not by me).

It is hard for me to justify spending that amount, mostly because I am most interested in making the backpack. It needs two, and I don't know if I want to spend around 10k making an item which, for me at least, is not markedly better than a Haversack. *shrug* A collector might buy it, or a very rich monk, though, oh wait... I am rambling. Sorry.

Hope this helps at least a wee bit.
    Urnihixul Noctumbra - 84 Rogue - Druzzil Ro (Xev)
    ~Order of Seibwen, Guild Assassin Emeritus~
    ~~Ancient Fellowship~~
    ~~~In Via D***um~~~ (Boo filter.)

Comment

I have sold two flawless tae ew hides in the bazaar. About three months ago I put one up for 10k and it sold within hours. I recently had one sit for a week and was eventually purchased for 8k. At the same time there were 5 sitting in the bazaar at 15k as well as a pair of tae ew leather pants for 60k.
      Ryenia Skylark
      Serenity's Tears
      Quellious

Comment

I payed 5K for them when i was still buying. Stopped after last failure though, my combines with Tae Ew stuff have been:
        Legs for my monk, success
        Legs for selling, success. Down to 44K now, still not sold
        Legs for a guy for pay, success
        Legs for a guy for pay, success
        Legs for selling, failure
        Bags for my monk, failure

Not gonna throw 13K (10K for hides, 3K for 2 blood) around any more with 33% failure rate.

Comment

Re: Ryenia

To add to the data: I was the one that had the pair of pants for sale at 60 K on Ryenia's server. :P They stayed for sale at 60 K for a few days, and were then purchased by someone who put them up for immediate resale at 100 K. At this point a well-known undercutter and tradeskiller on the server made his own pair and priced them at 32 K (he bought two 10 K Hides and had first combine success, I assume). The reseller bought that pair as well, and has been sitting with both in his inventory for a week or so now.

The only reason to price the hides high is the pants. However, the pants don't sell half as well as they should given the stats. I think competition from Bloodclaw Leggings (65 HPs, monk usable, sell for 18-20 K on my server) hurts them. And the graphic for the pants also hurts them: the graphic in the item description covers the mana display, making it look like the pants have 5 mana and not 50.

As a tailor and someone fairly well off, I would buy flawless hides if I saw two or more for sale at a price such that hide plus tae ew blood (also purchased in The Bazaar) cost 10 K or less. That would put my cost at 50% success rate at 40 K, and I think with some marketing the pants would sell for 60 K again - a healthy profit margin. That should give you some idea how to price them.

Delores Mulva
          Lotus Cult
          Quellious

Comment

Working...
          X