700 club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700 club

After realizing the enormous cost of getting to the 1750 club, I have lowered my standards. It is now my goal to make it to the 700 club (no, not THAT one), in which every one of the big 7 are at least "master" level.

Dare to be Adequate!

Andy
    Playing Guiscard on E`Ci
    Fletching 150
    Tailoring 110
    and the rest on the way!
    Andyhre playing Guiscard, 78th-level Ranger, E`ci (Tunare)
    Master Artisan (2100 Club), Wielder of the Fully Functional Artisan's Charm, Proud carrier of the 8th shawl

with occasion to call upon Gnomedeguerre, 16th-level Wizard, Master Tinker, E`ci (Tunare)

and in shouting range of Vassl Ofguiscard, 73rd-level Enchanter, GM Jewelcrafter, E`ci (Tunare)

Ahh, the Snapple principle - we're a solid 3rd place and we're proud of it!
    Cigarskunk!
    No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

The 700 club is really not that much of a challenge... Why not shoot for the 1400 club (all at 200) or 1450 club (One at 250, the rest at 200)?
      Master of every trade skill and all 25 languages Craftah of Luclin
      Enchanter of 65 Seasons
      Master of every tradeskill and all 25 languages

Comment

Well, because that would be really hard.

Yes, someday. See, I've decided that I'm too cheap to get there anytime soon, so I'm making my own club, joining it is easy enough that I'll actuallly be able do it reasonable soon, and I'm inviting anyone who wants to come play in my sandbox to jump on in. We'll make cool little icons: Masters of the Not Very Challenging, show each skill and the number 100 (sort of like your much harder 200's), and people will know we're dilettantes or the highest order.
        Master Artisan (2100 Club), Wielder of the Fully Functional Artisan's Charm, Proud carrier of the 8th shawl

with occasion to call upon Gnomedeguerre, 16th-level Wizard, Master Tinker, E`ci (Tunare)

and in shouting range of Vassl Ofguiscard, 73rd-level Enchanter, GM Jewelcrafter, E`ci (Tunare)

Comment

We'll make cool little icons: Masters of the Not Very Challenging
          Can I have "Mistress of Bare Adequacy"?

I think everyone who knows me will know exactly how to take that.

Nhinx Aphsion
          Cleric of Innoruuk, Grandmistress Baker, horrible jeweler

Comment

Comparing yourself to other people is great when you're striving to be the best. But when you're doing things just for yourself, no one else's opinion counts. So set your own durn goals and enjoy every step in reaching them. In a game like EQ, whoever has the most fun "wins". So if you're having fun, don't ever think for a minute that anyone else is "better" at it than you! Go for it, and have a ball
            Retiree of EQ Traders...
            Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
            Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
            Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
            EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

"I would never join a club that would allow someone like me to become a member"
              Grolber - Cavalier of Brell on Venril Sathir
              Malathos Thriceborn - Wizard of Venril Sathir

"This isn't life in the fast lane - this is life in oncoming traffic !" Terry Pratchett

Comment

At least credit the original speaker.... Grouch Marx.

~Lothay
                Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
                EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Comment

I like it. The thing about this club is that it's actually useful.

In the future when you need to brew a heady kiola for your tailoring you can do it yourself. When you need to sew baskets for your baking, you can do it yourself. When you need to make velium studs, or make yourself a frying pan, you will do that yourself also.

Mastering all seven is not a bad goal.
                  83/1000 High Elven Enchanter on cazic (8x300 tradeskills)

Comment

Rather than slamming the "700 Club" why not recognize it for what it is, a stepping stone goal.

I know I can't possibly be the only tradeskiller that got 4 or more skills to 100+ simply to do subcombines for the tradeskill I was primarily interested in, or for some equally obscure reason. I certainly didn't start tradeskills to make the 1750 club.

And neither did any of you old timers, since it wasn't even possible until recently, relatively speaking.
                    Groghe Isaportmunkee
                    Level 51 druid

Comment

So I guess the next step would be becomming a member of the 1050 club - all of your skills at 150.
                      Cigarskunk!
                      No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

works for me
                        Groghe Isaportmunkee
                        Level 51 druid

Comment

Sure, once I hit 700, then I'll need a new challenge. I think most folks tend to mine deeply in a few and then cast about -- I'm going to try to take the cheaper route and try to stay broad as I progress.

And when I am in the 1050 club, I'll do my best not to sneer at the mere 700s I know.

Comment

I set a level goal similar to that for myself at 1000. It's a nice round number and can be reached without too much effort or money (at least compared to hitting 250 in anything). So far, I'm at 1043 and have probably "lost" less than 3000 plat. I expect to hit 1111 without going over the 3k "lost". If I include the money I've made selling items I've picked up while farming pelts and ore, I'm guessing that I will make it to 1200 without spending more than that. After that, it's going to get drastically harder since I'll have done all the easy stuff already. < pout>

Originally posted by Nhin
                            Can I have "Mistress of Bare Adequacy"?
                            Ready for a mouthful? (This evolved from trying to figure out the proper form of a word and some debate among friends.) I Submit the word "adequatacious" for use here.

Adequate: (1) Sufficient to satisfy a requirement or meet a need. (2) Barely satisfactory or sufficient.
                            Audacious: (1) Fearlessly, often recklessly daring; bold . (2) Unrestrained by convention or propriety; insolent.

Together they make Adequatacious: The quality of rising only high enough to met a challenge and no higher. Or, as a friend of mine put it: "Having the courage to remain resolutely adequate in the face of greatness." (Personally, I like his better.)
                            Morani
                            Wanderer of Tunare,
                            Protector of The Mother's children.

Comment

I suppose you'd already debated this, but shouldn't it be Adequacious?
                              83/1000 High Elven Enchanter on cazic (8x300 tradeskills)

Comment

Working...
                              X