No announcement yet.

Where should "Unknown" be in the list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should "Unknown" be in the list?

Should Unknown be First or last in an ascending order llist (1 2 3 4 5 is ascending order).
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Currently married
    0%
    Once married
    0%
    Never married
    0%
    Gnolls
    0%
    Sarnaks
    0%
    Veeshan's Lost Children (Dragon-Men)
    0%
    Goblins
    0%
    Orcs
    0%
    Shissar
    0%
    Other (Please post with what you want to see)
    0%
    Yes, definitely!
    0%
    No, that's ridiculous!
    0%
    I'm not quite sure.....
    0%
    I plan to play EQ2 and think this is fair.
    0%
    I don't plan to play EQ2 but I do think it's fair.
    0%
    I plan to play EQ2 and like the idea for EQ2ers but don't think it's fair to EQers.
    0%
    I plan to play EQ2 and don't think it's fair to EQ2ers or EQers.
    0%
    I don't plan to play EQ2 and don't think this is fair to EQers.
    0%
    I don't care, they're just games, it doesn't matter.
    0%
    Yes, Innate Metablosism shouldn't take a whole AA point.
    0%
    No, Innate Metabolism is Uber.
    0%
    Perhaps, but that should be it's own thread.
    0%
    I do have an opinion, but you will never know.
    0%
    Past time Hobby.
    0%
    Just A Fad.
    0%
    My death.
    0%
    My Life.
    0%
    No
    0%
    If I was a cash cow.
    0%
    Yes
    0%
    Frozen Solid
    0%
    Fresh
    0%
    Cast in Bronze
    0%
    Very Small
    0%
    First
    0%
    Last
    0%
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

hmm

Hmm, last please
    Radodverge Bluddoath "The Red Dwarf" 66 Paladin

Master of all Trades, Grandmaster Smith with TROPHY(!) 249/250

Officer, Companions of the Dawn, Quellious

"Between two evils I always choose the one I havent tried" - Mae West

Comment

last is a nice place to keep them out of the way.. and out of sight; but, out of sight is out of mind.. if fewer people see them, there's a smaller chance of anyone putting information up to make them a "known." I'd think it better, if maybe a little annoying at times, to have them in front of peoples eyes more.

Comment

on the other hand having them up front may urge people to find new useage.

Comment

i voted last, but... aside from any vagueness in the question, i would put unknown in the proper alphabetical spot. like, if this list were 'what zone such and such an item dropped in', i would put Unknown Zone between Temple of Veeshan and Unrest. Or the like, you know? not necessarily Absolute First or Absolute Last.
          Mistress Tinkbang Tankboom - Ak'Anon, Tarew Marr
          Gneehugging Chantaranga of the 66th Mez Break - AA:59
          Assisted by Nakigoe Sennamida, Druidess of 65 Foraged Steamfont Springwaters - AA:8
          Quartic, Darkie Wizzy of 52 Self-Snares - Best Crit: 1680.
          [BK-210 // BR-250 // BS-203 // FL-200 // JC-240 // PT-200 // TL-200 ]---[ TK-179 // RS-182 // FS-165 ]-- Points: 1503/1750 -- Shawl: EIGHT and wearing it ^_^.
          Icon by Kenshingentatsu

Comment

Can you provide any details as to what you are ordering? There are definately cases for both sides and things like the number of unkowns makes a big difference.
            Master of every trade skill and all 25 languages Craftah of Luclin
            Enchanter of 65 Seasons
            Master of every tradeskill and all 25 languages

Comment

Trivials (It went with the poll I closed)

There are sometiems trivials that we do not know. And you will be able to sort by trivial.
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200

Comment

Last makes sense.

...Zera
                Baroness Zeralenn Mancdaman - 58 Dark Elven SHD - Smithing (214)
                Baroness Milletoux Fleau'chevilles - 66 Gnome CLE (Epic) - Tinkering (222), Pottery (215)
                Csimene Penombra - 64 Human MAG (Epic) - Brewing (250) (Trophy), Tailoring, Smithing, Pottery, Research, Fletching, Jewelcraft & Baking (200)

Comment

First please that will remind us to get the info to reduce the unknowms
                  Greym Greymantle, Windcaller of Tunare
                  GM Fletcher + Smith The Rathe "Rangers don't get lost they explore"

Comment

Unknown

Is an item going to list as unknown until the final triv is found? Is there any way to get it in the sort order according to the narrowed boundaries?

Comment

NT - my mistake (been a long day) and new kitten (3rd cat) is indirectly causing lack of sleep.
                      Distracted Druid Storm Warden of JinXed on Vazaelle

(see that Moderator tag - well that is for the Vazaelle marketplace, my posts and opinions should not be considered as anything but my own and not reflect poorly on the folks doing all the hard stuff here. )

Comment

Re: Unknown

Originally posted by atonic
                        Is an item going to list as unknown until the final triv is found? Is there any way to get it in the sort order according to the narrowed boundaries?
                        Unknown is only fully unknown. If we have a(or both) boundries it is in there.
                        Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200

Comment

Voted first. But I'd probably put it in by the currently highest known triv point. So if the range is 100-148, it'd go in at 148. Hopefully, that would encourage more people to try it if they are in that range, narrowing it down sooner.
                          It's up to you, what you do will decide your own fate.
                          Make your choice now, for tomorrow may be far too late. -- Twisted Sister

Comment

I would support the other side of Axterix's comment. If the range of an item is 100-148, list it at 100. If it is listed at 148, people may wait till they are already past 148, just to be safe, and thus not try to narrow a trivial.

-- sanna sans sig
                            Mistress Tinkbang Tankboom - Ak'Anon, Tarew Marr
                            Gneehugging Chantaranga of the 66th Mez Break - AA:59
                            Assisted by Nakigoe Sennamida, Druidess of 65 Foraged Steamfont Springwaters - AA:8
                            Quartic, Darkie Wizzy of 52 Self-Snares - Best Crit: 1680.
                            [BK-210 // BR-250 // BS-203 // FL-200 // JC-240 // PT-200 // TL-200 ]---[ TK-179 // RS-182 // FS-165 ]-- Points: 1503/1750 -- Shawl: EIGHT and wearing it ^_^.
                            Icon by Kenshingentatsu

Comment

I actually waited until the clarification about fully unkown before voting, and then I went with first: You want the totally unkown things to be at the top so you see them, and they will quickly be moved somewhere as a single attempt will get you at least some data.

I'm surprised to see all the votes for last, and I wonder if folks really knew what they were voting for when they picked last.
                              Master of every trade skill and all 25 languages Craftah of Luclin
                              Enchanter of 65 Seasons
                              Master of every tradeskill and all 25 languages

Comment

Working...
                              X