New Marketplace Forum Rules.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Marketplace Forum Rules.

Due to the overwhelming demand to keep these resource hogs...

These Forums will now be community Moderated. We are assigning the most vocal "keep it" people as moderators. They demanded it, they can police it.

These Forums must still keep within the rules of our boards.

We will also be spot checking the boards to make sure that they stay in line.

If you want to be a global marketplace moderator, send me, Ngreth Thergn, a private message. I mean this. Do not test it. Do not think it would be "Funny" to send the request to Denmom. Send the message to me only. I will have absolutely *NO* sense of humor on this matter. You say how will I know? I have not given Denmom access to add moderators to these forums... because of this... *I* will be doing it... so she would then have to pass the message on to me.

If you want to be a marketplace moderator for a particular forum, send me, Ngreth Thergn, a private message. I mean this. Do not test it. Do not think it would be "Funny" to send the request to Denmom. Send the message to me only. I will have absolutely *NO* sense of humor on this matter. You say how will I know? I have not given Denmom access to add moderators to these forums... because of this... *I* will be doing it... so she would then have to pass the message on to me.

You can also post in the topic you are reading now to request it and I will get to it when I can.

There will NOT be instant response to these as I now work, and I cannot always access the site when I am working.
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

If it will help, I can watch the Xegony marketplace
    Jaeden Avengarious
    Blades of Veeshan

Comment

I'll help moderate the Tunare marketplace.

Kredal

Comment

I will help with Quellious if you like

~Autty
        [c]Autumnwyld Crescendo
        ~ Virtuoso ~

Shiobahn Fyrestrike
        ~ Channeler ~

** Grandmaster Baker **
        * Master Brewer * Potter * Jewler *
        * Fletcher * Smith * Fisher *[/c]

Comment

Supportive Guild visibility and Locking Threads

Edited by Lilosh, and copied from your other TWO threads Please do not advertise your guild in the marketplace. These forums are for Tradeskill Items only. Locking the thread.
          I left Lilosh a private message about this concern also.

I will certainly respect all of the moderators requests and yet I feel it worthy of an initial challenge of policy as to why it is so undesirable. Many devote craftfolk have pledged alligence to one or another Guild on their own home servers; although, others who have not yet selected and may be seeking those with similar tradeskill interest as well as collective resources to share.

I agree in the general principle that there are better places to be more verbose about ones own guild such as in a .sig or other than EQTraders message boards. Some of us are struggling to keep active membership and are honestly seeking those with complimentary hobbies. I truely don't see justification to nick-pick about softsell recruitment based on a single Marketplace posts, when further replies were kept within the same thread topic; however, by locking it out, makes it difficult to bounce it up if say Tradeskill related events such as hunts or lessons were sponsered by a given Guild.

In prospective - I did post on Lanys T'Vyl, Morell-Thule and Stormhammer since each are servers I am an active craftfolk on.
          I am also an avid supporter and veteran of EQTraders and often make mention of the wonderful resources.

My messages were short and invitational. Not at all blatent repeated attempts to up my own personal posting count, :roll: but certainly an opportunity to be a first post message on the new empty boards. Merely an announcement of my own arrival. And please do note that I refrained from increasing my own .sig to include the same url links.

EverFaithful
          Cleric Taven
          EverFaithful

[Luclin - Sleeper - Erollisi Marr]
          Cleric Taven

Comment

My personal opinion is,
            Cleric Taven's invitations to his tradeskill guilds were left alone on the old board for a very very long time. Since these invitations are not specifically forbidden by the marketplace rules I see no reason not to allow them.

I don't think there is a need to micro manage the market place forums this much.

Comment

To avoid the ugly "conflict of interest" monster rearing it's head, how about you grab the list of folks that want to help, me included, then randomly assign them to a server board they DON'T have an active character on.

I'm only active on Cazic-Thule, and occasionally, Test.
              Garulf Woolfetysh, 59th Barb Shaman, Cazic-Thule
              Master: Alchemist (196), Tailor (260), Baker (200), Brewer (200), Fletcher (200), Smith (200), Potter (200), Fisherman (200), Drunk (191), Jeweler (200)

Comment

On Advertising guilds.

Hrm.

If it is a Tradeskill guild we allow it. If it is just a social guild... it is on the edge, and it is better to just leave links in your sig, maybe an "ad" in your sig. That one is more a gray area for us. If it is a raid guild... please just leave links in your sig.

Now, I do admit. I have NOT given real detailed instructions to the moderators (just follow the rules posted in visitors corner). But we do not have real detailed instructions to give anyway. And well... this was a gray area anyway... it broke the LETTER of the rules, but maybe not the SPIRIT of the rules. Becasue of gray areas, things might happen. As long as you do not INSULT the moderators, and you are polite in your wording (as this post was! THANK YOU!) we can talk about it. As soon as you go insulting mods... there is a problem.

So The moderators above should take my clarification above. Tradeskill guild ads welcome, raid guild ads not welcom, social guild ads... make your best judgement. Does this seem to discriminate against raid guilds... maybe, and raid guilds have brought us great information, but raid guilds adn tradeskills are not usually a match.

So basically I am saying. BOTH of you were correct in this matter

<hr>
                On Conflict of interest.

I see what you are saying, but we also are doing this as a comunity. We want it more of a comunity than the guides in EQ are (they are strangers!)
                Favoritsm will not get you much on our boards anyway. And if it is bad, I am sure it will be reported by someone, then we can deal with it. At the same time, we don't mind some cross server moderating, if it makes somoene feel more comfortable.

So saying that... do you want to moderate a particular marketplace, including your own if you wish.
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200

Comment

I'll help out with the CT marketplace, I usually only check EQTraders once a day though, so nastiness could linger for 24+ hours before I saw it.
                  Garulf Woolfetysh, 59th Barb Shaman, Cazic-Thule
                  Master: Alchemist (196), Tailor (260), Baker (200), Brewer (200), Fletcher (200), Smith (200), Potter (200), Fisherman (200), Drunk (191), Jeweler (200)

Comment

I would be more than happy to be a moderator for the Solusek Ro forums.

Kaidian Blade
                    Storm Warden of Death Misdealt
                    Soldier, Tradesman, Knightly Gentleman
                    ~Magelo Profile~~My Alts~~My Skills~
                    "Tradeskillers do it more often!"

Comment

I read Cleric Tavern's PM to me this morning.

And Sumameal, I did not see his thread on the old board, so I was unaware on the precedent.

Looking back at his message on the Lans forum, it was a link to his guild message board. I clicked on the link, and saw no visible references to tradeskills.

Morell Thule, and Stormhammer were both links to your guilds websitem which made no refernce to being a "Tradeskillers Guild", other then a link on the left, 3/4 of the way down that says "trade skills."

I am not trying to say I was right, or you were wrong, or anything like that.

Just explaining why I did what I did. Ngreth says we were both right, and I will agree. I know you weren't trying to increase your postcount, or spam, or any other nonsense.

-Lilosh
                      Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
                      President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
                      Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

I would offer myself as a Market place mod.

Comment

Thank you Ngreth and Lilosh for reviewing this policy.

I could reply to each of your points, least of which, each of the guilds do actively support craftfolks for their server's communities. You bring up a very valid point about including some label "Tradeskillers Guild".
                          A reality is, those who frequent EQTraders pretty much know which guilds do and often there will be more members from them, rather than Leaders who wish to be that exclusive when they originally created their guild's website.

Originally posted by Lilosh
                          I read Cleric Tavern's PM to me this morning.

8&lt;snipped>8

Just explaining why I did what I did. Ngreth says we were both right, and I will agree.
                          So having come to a mutual understanding in principle and the grey guidelines as Ngreth described - will they remained locked?

EverFaithful
                          EverFaithful

[Luclin - Sleeper - Erollisi Marr]
                          Cleric Taven

Comment

What server is your tradeskill guild on?

Post about it ONLY on that server thread.

If you are actually running a guild on 3 servers... well then you are insane

Please do let me know what server it is actually on.
                            Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                            Master Tailor 200

Comment

I'll help mod the Tribunal one

Exarch Laearya Lifeblood
                              65th Tunarean Archon of Sol Invictus

Bhadgar - Level 46 Rallos Zek Warrior
                              Trinkets
                              20th Gnomish Enchanter
                              ~ Premiere Grandmaster Tinkerer ~ <250>
                              The Tribunal

Comment

Working...
                              X