Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can USED Aqualungs be used in making Rebreathers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can USED Aqualungs be used in making Rebreathers?

Just curious...If I make an Aqualung (50 charges) and use any of them, leaving 0-49 charges, will that USED Aqualung still be ok to make into a Rebreather? Or must the Aqualung be brand new?

Drexxell
    Wayfarer of Veeshan

I believe it works

I *think* I made a rebreather with a chargless aqualung when there was a bug removing charges off them. Can't say for sure though as I haven't made rebreathers for a long while.

Comment

I've made them before without a problem as well with used Aqualungs, if I recall, they don't matter if they have charges or not, they'll still work on the Rebreather.

Exarch Laearya Lifeblood
      65th Tunarean Archon of Sol Invictus

Bhadgar - Level 46 Rallos Zek Warrior
      Trinkets
      20th Gnomish Enchanter
      ~ Premiere Grandmaster Tinkerer ~ <250>
      The Tribunal

Comment

Heres what i think happens when you do a combine:

When you put items in a combining container and press combine, your computer sends to the server the following data:

The ID numbers of the items in the container.
        The ID number of the container
        Your skill in the trade associated with the container.
        The highest of your int/wis(dex/str) (whatever)

The server then checks the ID numbers to see if its a valid combine.
        If so, then it checks a random number against your skill to return whether you succeed or not.
        If the trivial for that combine is higher then your skill, then it does a random check for skillup based on your int/wis/etc.
        It then sends the information and the ide number of the returned product(s) back to your computer.

so anyways......

Nowhere in this process does it ever check the number of charges on an item since the ID number of the item doesnt change when you use a charge.

A 10 dose SOW potion with 10 charges sells to a vendor for teh same ammount as with 1 charge.

You can recharge a Bandage machine with any number of charges.

You can use 'used' runed Sea Shells for the Coldain Shawl/Ring quests.

End result: Number of charges are ignored for combines.
        Splunge the Insane - Former Test Server Inmate
        Splunge (Reborn) - Hunter of Lightbringer

Comment

A 10 dose SOW potion with 10 charges sells to a vendor for teh same ammount as with 1 charge.

You can use 'used' runed Sea Shells for the Coldain Shawl/Ring quests.

Not to be pedantic, but just those facts don't prove that an items amount of current vs. maximum charges are ignored in combines.

Not disagreeing with you, as I happen to believe that Verant decided to ignore the number charges on charged items in combines, but just stating that they do have access to that data, and could check against it if they were so disposed.
          Duff-man says alot of things!

Comment

Hmm I think I heard this before... so it begs the question:

Do chargeless used aqualungs have a sellback value to a gnome tinkerer? Tradeback? Etc.

Aandaie 56 Druid's Magelo
            Aaelandri 41 Cleric's Magelo
            Prittior 39 Shadowknight's Magelo

Comment

I'd guess it depends on who you talk to. For myself they wouldn't have any, as it's quick enough for me, when I get a request for a rebreather, to just make the aqualung and then go from there. I don't stock rebreathers anymore either though. If you have some, it doesn't hurt to see who's selling the tinkered gear in the bazaar and talk to them though

Exarch Laearya Lifeblood
              65th Tunarean Archon of Sol Invictus

Bhadgar - Level 46 Rallos Zek Warrior
              Trinkets
              20th Gnomish Enchanter
              ~ Premiere Grandmaster Tinkerer ~ <250>
              The Tribunal

Comment

Originally posted by edgevb
                Not to be pedantic, but just those facts don't prove that an items amount of current vs. maximum charges are ignored in combines.
                Your comment is understandable, but the gauze press reference is the proof.

Combining a gauze press and a class 1 battery is a tradeskill combine.
                The data goes thru the same engine as every other tradeskill combine.

SoE servers have specific programming just to handle tradeskill combine checks.

When you press combine the only info about the items you are combining that is sent to that engine are the item ID numbers.

(If you want to see a particular items ID number, use Lucy (lucy.fnord.net), type in the item in teh box, then click on 'Raw' to get the raw data.)

Recharging a gauze press goes like this:

Your computer sends Id#9177 and ID#14800 and container ID#17877 to their server. the engine checks to see if its a valid combine, which it is, sees its a no-fail combine, doable by anyone, and returns ID#9177 back as the result.

There is no check on the number of charges ID#9177 has. (A gauze press btw).

Since no charges data is sent, the number of charges it had to begin with isnt important. It could have had 0, 1, 5 or even 20 charges. Doesnt matter. When you did the combine, the OLD press was destroyed (removed, depixelated, whatever) and a NEW Gauze press was created. New gauze presses have 20 charges.

What a major hassle that would be if you had to code into that data base every single possible number of charges every single item that HAS charges into the database.

They didnt put this into the code because it would be a Very Bad Idea.
                Splunge the Insane - Former Test Server Inmate
                Splunge (Reborn) - Hunter of Lightbringer

Comment

Working...
                X