Velious Tailoring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velious Tailoring question

I know they are "ludicrously insane to make", but I'd really like to add two pieces of tigeraptor armor to my gear. Now I've started to collect ingredients (and I wont be hitting up my local tailor until I have all subcombines done and ingredients collected, trust me!), but what I'd like to know is just how many combines do I need ingredients for to reasonably expect to walk away with the armor I want? Should I gather enough for 2 attempts? or 4? or am i way out of the ballpark and I would need like 25 attempts to reasonably expect a success?

Thanks for the input!
    Journey(wo)man Artisan Kentarre 56 Wood Elven Ranger
    Journey(wo)man Tinkerer Nurkina 30 Gnomish Wizard
    <Eternal Journey>

If your local tailor has 252 adjusted skill (i.e., 240 or more plus a geerlok or trophy), expect about 50-60%. So bring enough for at least 2 combine attempts per piece you want, 3 or 4 if you want to be reasonably assured of getting the pieces.

If your local tailor is below 252 adjusted skill, adjust accordingly -- success rate will go down about 1% per point below 252 of adjusted skill.
    Velurian
    70 Enchanter, E'ci

Comment

Oh, ok... I guess I was really expecting much worse
      But you make a good point, I really shouldnt assume that I can find a GM tailor. Especially since there seems to be a definate lack of tradeskillers on my server. But that's a question for another forum...

Thanks for the info!
      Journey(wo)man Artisan Kentarre 56 Wood Elven Ranger
      Journey(wo)man Tinkerer Nurkina 30 Gnomish Wizard
      <Eternal Journey>

Comment

Velious tailoring was one of the first reasonable paths to get to (or even close) to 250. Pre-Velious, it was fleeting quivers to 222 (and good luck finding enough HQ lion pelts for that!) and/or the "old" cultural (if you were one of the three races for which that was an option). So before Velious there were VERY few grandmaster tailors (I believe many servers didn't have a single one, and most had no more than one or two), and most people who were attempting Velious armor weren't particularly close to 250.

I think this is what got Velious armor its "insane" reputation; these days, it's not much worse (if at all) than a number of other high-level tailoring options.
        Velurian
        70 Enchanter, E'ci

Comment

Working...
        X