Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cut at Solstice Robe cost sheet (Excel Spreadsheet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First cut at Solstice Robe cost sheet (Excel Spreadsheet)

I made a first cut at a Solstice Robe costing spreadsheet. What it will tell you is how many of what pieces you need (Silks, Imbued Emeralds, jars of acid, Celestial Essances) all you need to do is change the number of robe attempts you wish to make. You can also ballpark the cost by changing the cost per item. I also put in a cost per Gem Studded Chain. The one thing I didnt add in was the ability to figure out the number of GSCs needed. if somebody wants to add that info or send me the apprpriate formula I'de be happy to add that to the spreadsheet.

http://www.phoenixhorizon.com/solrobe.xls

EDIT Corrected Piece calculation for Emeralds and Jars of Acid
    EDIT There is an Error if you try to get the Cost of 1 GSC it has to do with the way Excell does the round up. if there is anybody that would care to post a corrrected formula "= B11+ROUNDUP(B11*0.05,0)" with a 1 it rounds up to 2 which isnt really right. as long as you choose 2 or more the formula seems to be OK.

re

Nice, tidy little spreadsheet.

However, I thought jars of acid were like 1 gp each. When I buy them, it certainly isn't 30pp for a stack. Am I confusing what that item is? Anyone have the price of jars of acid off the top of their head?

Great work though!
    Kiatek Elvenfyre
    Storm Warden

Comment

All the costs are adjustable. you just need to change the cost per item (numbers in the yellow section). I put the numbers in off the top of my head. And as soon as I re looked at the spreadsheet this morning after I posted the link I found another problem I kinda forgot the add the apprpriate # in the formulas section to give the correct amount of emeralds and jars of acid needed but that will be fixed as soon as I get home.

Comment

re

i understand that they are adjustable. What I am trying to say is that I think you have a mistake in pricing. You have that the cost per jar of acid is 1.5. That means 1.5 pp each right? I was just trying to say I didn't think jars of acid were 1.5 pp each-more like 1.5 gp each which would be 0.15 pp.

Its a great spreadsheet though!
        Kiatek Elvenfyre
        Storm Warden

Comment

As much as I like the sheet, I don't like the total cost when I start plugging in my numbers. :shock:

I'll make a modified version for a couple of other things that I use for skill ups when I get home...

Nicely done.
          Sunburnt Dmize - 80 Druid - D-Ro
          300 - Tailor +15%, Smith +12%, Fletcher +12%, Brewer +12%, JC +12%, Potter +12%, Baker +12%

Phrump Eatsogres - 32 Gnome - D-Ro
          300 - Tinker +15%
          300 - Researcher +12%
          300 - Tailor +12%

Comment

Sorry, I know I'm being slow but I can see the bit with the formulas for working out your success rate, but I can't see where I plug in the skill level?

What I would like to know is based on skill level and number of attempts, how much is every actual successful robe costing me (i.e. the cost I would have to sell that robe for to break even on what I put out for failures plus that success).

Not saying I could ever sell it for that price (*grin*) but I'd like to know

Comment

At this time the Skill info is not there im not real great at that Math thing . There is sombodys formula on the formulas page for the sucess rate. I dont remember and havent been able to locate what the trivial level should be for Solstice robes. I am not sure on how to modify the formula to take into account the skillup rate so you can just plug in your current level. I think the factors would be:

Current skill
              Attempts being made
              When the next skillup should occur(short term very inaccurate)
              Sucess rate(short term very inaccurate)
              and I know Im missing something else here

Comment

Kudos

Excellent work! You may have inspired me to attempt the same type of worksheet for other tailoring combine costs

Primero Aventurero
                63 Druid

Comment

what program do I need to open that file?

Comment

Microsoft excell is the program I created it with. Most SpreadSheet programs will have an import function for Excel.

Comment

Working...
                    X