Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The practice runes (Journeyman for example) used to be combined, and probably still are, in a different container. You get this container by turning in a Greater Lightstone in North Karana (if you are a "good race" and in South Ro if you follow the "evil" practices. Once you have the Azia and the Beza runes, you combine those in the research kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Paloverde View Post
      The practice runes (Journeyman for example) used to be combined, and probably still are, in a different container. You get this container by turning in a Greater Lightstone in North Karana (if you are a "good race" and in South Ro if you follow the "evil" practices. Once you have the Azia and the Beza runes, you combine those in the research kit.
      Ahhh.. THANKS! I'll give that a try.

/bow

Comment

Woot.. it workd Palo!! Thanks.. I was really beginning to beat my head against a wall. I had been under the impression that the concordance was outdated as the other old world books.

/cheer!!

Now time to start farming!

Comment

Originally posted by Safyra View Post
          Is Journeyman Rune still an option? I get DNC when I try to make the Beza, haven't attempted Azia yet. I'm using the ingredients listed (Star Rose Quartz, Burned Out Lightstone, Quill, Piece of Parchment, Raw-hide xx) in the Spell Research Kit. I read elsewhere that raw-hide belt is interchangeable with sleeves, boots, wrist or gloves? Is this true or is it belt only?

Thanks.
          Yes, I combined and made Jurneyman Rune Beza Yesterday, used "Raw-hide sleeve" and belt, not all Raw-hide" armor peices can be used as part of the recipe, only certain ones.

Comment

The combining of the Beza and Azia runes to get the complete rune and the skill ups would not work in the new "Spell Research Kit". As a Necro I had to use the Book of Dark Binding to get it to work. Just an FYI

Comment

Why cant my Shaman combine in the Spell Research Kit?

I was able to make the Mechanoinstruction Manual, and I have my spell research up to 82 from my Guild Master. However, when I try to make any combine in the Spell Research Kit it says my class can not use that container. No other container works for research either. Help!

Comment

I have a question about the research trade. Now that all classes can trade skill research, why is it that I can not get beyond 262 skill? I'm a druid practicing the trade and most if not all the recipes above that, including spells can only be made by a silky. What's the point of giving us that type of trade if I can't even make a druid spell for my class? /boggle. I see special additions for tomes and skills, but that doesn't help me. The next closest skill I can work is 355.... I see a lot of failures in my future if that's the case.
                85 Wardruid of Tunare
                Prexus

~ We are not retreating..... We are simply attacking in a different direction. ~

Comment

You can make Priest spells

Level 63 spells > 292
                  Level 64+ spells > 300

But, it'll be expensive unless you find a market to sell to.
                  Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

Those spells are still restricted to the silk class on the class restrictions of who can make. Even the higher level ones that don't have the intial restrictions listed, but have restrictive subcomponents. Again I'm denied to further the skill. Bummer. I can plainly say that research should only be left to the silk classes. Waste of time and money doing otherwise for other classes.
                    85 Wardruid of Tunare
                    Prexus

~ We are not retreating..... We are simply attacking in a different direction. ~

Comment

Priest Research

Tell me about it, I spent a whole bunch of plat and some AA's on Research only to find out that I could only Combine Priest class spells. Huge bummer, I should have paid attention to it in the beginning but was so exited that I was going to be able to do research that I dove in and started before reading the fine Print. Priest classes will only be able to research Priest class spells. Maybe it should have been worded this clearly

Comment

It really makes no sense to give spell research to priests and hybrids as it exists. The cost associated with leveling research to a point where you can make spells costs factors more than just buying the spells from the most expensive bazaar Haggle Barons.

Couple this with an extremely limited skill up path that only includes a small handful of salable items that could be considered to be in any kind of demand with the general player base, and you are basically looking at something for extremely bored people who have way too much plat in their banks.

Expecting players to spend 30-40 AA's just to raise their skill cap to 300 leaves me shaking my head. This is just a very lazy way to deal with a perceived need to cripple priests and hybrids in research.

As it stands, priest and hybrid spell research is a ripe breeding ground for discontent. Personally, I saw this was a problem before I began any spell research on my characters. However, I can see how easy it would be for someone to make the mistake to think that they might be able to craft spells/tomes for all classes. (The initial patch message that I read regarding Tome research seemed to indicate that INT casters could make anything for anyone. It says that INT casters can make any researchable SPELL which could be construed as vague when the language regarding Spell and Tome Research are used interchangeably.)

Comment

I am getting back to the game after off from nearly 8 years... so... I get that the research is revamped... My wizzie can still do research... if I have a monk, so I need to get my monk up her research? or the wizzie can do it all? Can I am swatches of LoY robe with monk? Or have to use the tomb binding thing to do some basic research to lvl up?

Comment

Originally posted by MadokaHK View Post
                            I am getting back to the game after off from nearly 8 years... so... I get that the research is revamped... My wizzie can still do research... if I have a monk, so I need to get my monk up her research? or the wizzie can do it all? Can I am swatches of LoY robe with monk? Or have to use the tomb binding thing to do some basic research to lvl up?
                            If you poke around a bit, you would find all the details, but I cannot say where to aim you where they are all lined up in one post, so I will try that.

Int caster - can make all spells, all songs or LoY swatch
                            - cannot make any tome
                            Wis caster - can make any Wis caster spell
                            - cannot make any tome, Int caster spell, LoY swatch or song
                            - must use AA's to go over 200 Research
                            Pure melee - can make any tome
                            - cannot make any spell, LoY swatch, or song
                            Hybrid (other than Bard) - can make any hybrid spell or tome
                            - cannot make any non hybrid spell, LoY swatch or tome
                            Bard - can make any song or hybrid tome
                            - cannot make any spell or melee tome, cannot make LoY swatches

Your best bet for a path to work on Research, spell or tome is the guide at http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...)-Rev-Apr-2009, Spell Research section.

Comment

Melee research - bring your bank account, and plan on not having one once you're done

In all seriousness I estimate I dropped ~2m pp on capping melee research and earning my Ethereal Quill. Part of the reason being that 1 person capping melee research easily floods the market for these older skills / discplines.
                              Autumn Dawnfire
                              Monk of Bristlebane
                              Fate

Alchemy 345 - Baking 345 - Blacksmithing 345 - Brewing 345 - Fishing 206 - Fletching 336 - Jewelry Making 345 - Pison Making 345 - Pottery 345 - Research (melee) 345 (int) 345 - Tailoring 345 - Tinkering 345

- You might be a trade skill adict if you've made alts, just because they got a trade skill your main can't do.

Comment

I have some questions regarding Research that I have been unable to find (not that it hasn't been posted several times over).

I am using Binding Powders to skill up (currently at 210), which should (theoretically allow for a max raw skill of 455 (according to the guide that I have).

My first question.......according to the info that I have, a skill max of 375 (Elaborate Powder trivial) should be entirely possible, given my level (71 currently). Though I understand that level 75 is needed to reach the next max of 415, why does my skill listing show 210/300 (i.e., why does it appear to level cap out LOWER than the 375 max that I should be able to achieve)? I have not yet purchased the Underfoot and Thule expansions (just getting back into EQ after being away 4yrs), so if this is related to the expansions that I've purchased....that would be nice to know.

For my second questions.......I've done some preliminary searching pertaining to the researching trophy. My understanding is that I don't have to start wtih the beginner's quest and do all of the subsequent quests to improve the trophy (i.e., I could start with the Journeyman's trophy quest). Is this correct? Also, if (for example) I were to acquire my Journeyman's Trophy, would I have to complete the subsequent Expert's and Master's quests, or would does the Journeyman's Trophy evolve into the Expert's Trophy as combines are completed? Lastly, once I have the Master's Trophy (either by completing the quest OR evolving an earlier trophy...whichever path is needed), how does one attain the Ethereal Quill? My understanding is that it is gained only by evolving the Master's Trophy, but I'm not certain. Is there another quest? I ask these questions because I could be using my combine attempts (used to skill up) towards evolving an earlier trophy (if evolving can advance a trophy to the next level).

My apologies for rambling on, but any assistance would certainly be helpful.

Comment

Working...
                                X