Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum raw skill is still 300. There is a difference between the trivial of a combine and the maximum raw/modified skill. The high trivials on some items is only an indicator of the difficulty of the combine and the chance at being successful. The farther away from your modified skill a trivial is, the less chance you have that the combine will be successful. The maximum modified skill (i.e, with trophy, geerlok or some other skill modifier) is currently 345. That would be a raw skill of 300 +15% from the trophy.

As for trophies, you can complete any level trophy that is at or below your current skill level. The lower level test you take, the less rare the components are to obtain (in theory). The trophy will evolve at an excellerated rate if you do a trophy that is below your current skill level (you must have it equipped in your primary, secondary, range or ammo slot in order for the trophy to evolve). When you are "caught up" to your current skill level, your trophy will continue to evolve at the rate of about 1% completion in every 10 - 15 combines (is that right? it's been a long time since I've evolved a trophy). You do not need to keep repeating the test - just keep making combines that are above your current skill level and the trophy will continue to evolve. To get the Ethereal Quill, you must reach a raw skill of 300 and then complete another 1,500 or so combines of items with a trivial >300 in order to evolve your trophy from 6/7 to 7/7.
    Last edited by Aanuvane; 05-19-2011, 12:20 PM.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, you don't get a choice of which level trophy task you get. You are assigned the level trophy based on what your current skill is. Basically, if your current skill is below 50, you will be assigned the Beginner Trophy, 50-99 is the next level, and so on. It is important to get the task before you begin to advance your skill.

I wouldn't worry too much about trophy evolving. If it ever gets behind, it goes into hyperdrive to catch up. And, as Aanuvane mentioned, you have to reach the max 300 raw skill before you can evolve the trophy the last (7th) point.
      Jinaabi Vah Shir - Bristlebane
      Smithing 300 7/7
      Tailoring 300 7/7
      Fletching 300 7/7
      Pottery 300 6/7
      Baking 300 7/7
      Brewing 300 6/7
      Jewelry 300 6/7
      Dagnora Drakkin
      Poison Making 300 7/7

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys!

I was able to complete the trophy quest last night, but a couple of notes for anyone else has similar questions:

1) As Jina pointed out, you cannot choose which trophy that you wish to complete. In my case, I had a skill level of 210, so the Journeyman's Trophy quest was automatically assigned to me.

2) After seeing the replies (and talking with a nice master researcher in-game last night), I now understand that the max possible skill level that one can reach (as of HoT) is 345 (300 raw skill + 15% ethereal quill). I suppose the trivial listings for spells is then to be used solely as reference into the difficulty of trying to make it.

Again, thanks to you both for replying to my inquiries.....I really appreciate it!

Rhody

Comment

The trivial of the item is an indicator of it's difficulty.

Additionally, except for the final trophy, you cannot evolve a trophy by making combines that are 100 greater than your raw skill.
          Someone posted long ago that the best value for evolving the final trophy is a trivial of 350, and I use that rule when doing so.
          Trophies: Fr-2 Jour-4 Exp-8 Mast-6 GM-29

Comment

If I recall correctly, a minimum skill of 50 is required to do a trophy quest.

Comment

Originally posted by Aanuvane View Post
              To get the Ethereal Quill, you must reach a raw skill of 300 and then complete another 1,500 or so combines of items with a trivial >300 in order to evolve your trophy from 6/7 to 7/7.
              Can someone confirm this is correct? I was under the impression that Ngreth said final evolution of a trophy required between 400-1000 successful combines with a trivial of 350+ with the variable being the difficulty of obtaining the required components. Since Research has some rare and costly components, I would have thought it would be on the lower end of the scale with regards to number of successful combines required for full evolution. Anyone have any other numbers of required combines for evolution from Master to Ethereal Quill?
              Archus
              Ashenhand of Quellious
              Undivided Faith
              Drinal Server

Comment

It may not actually be that high, the point was more that it still takes a fair number of combines to get you from 6/7 to 7/7. It's not a trivial number.
                AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Now I'm kind of curious to know if anyone has done the final evolution to Ethereal Quill and can tell me roughly how many successes were required.
                  Archus
                  Ashenhand of Quellious
                  Undivided Faith
                  Drinal Server

Comment

Originally posted by Archus View Post
                    Thanks for the reply. Now I'm kind of curious to know if anyone has done the final evolution to Ethereal Quill and can tell me roughly how many successes were required.
                    450 combines of 350 or greater trivial for Research

Comment

Hello, I am new to posting here so bare with me please as I am not sure where to post changes.
                      I have a 76 Magician with a 300 Research skill, an Ethereal Quill trophy 15% Research mod and have been doing Research tradeskill for over a year helping people with spells. The highest you can achieve in Research today is 395 trivial as the Quill goes to a max 45 points. Research can now go up to 350 with AAs invested fully in Arcane Tongues under General in the AA window. You have to have the latest expansions to get to that level of Research ability.
                      For those asking about the Ethereal Quill and how many combines that it takes to fully evolve it is based on the trivial of what is being Researched for how many combines you do, just as the trivial of spell making is. The higher the trivial for the combine in anything is going to get you the trophy faster. I have spent a year on this (back in 2009 - 10) so I know how long it takes. Another thing Saltpeter is best farmed in PoInnovation. I spent months farming that item. I am working on 350 Research at this time so I know how long and hard it is to get spells made that are 400+ trivial, you are going to fail combines just how it is.

There are some additions that need to be made for the 71+ spells so I will add them when I find them here, as I see no one has posted in over 7 years and this is where this should go.
                      1 Addition I have found already and I am sure there will be plenty more. is the Spell: Malosinatia (rank matters not) is Level 76.
                      Last edited by santosud; 12-11-2018, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Charta Arcanum spell scrolls also drop in the Blackburrow (L75-85) zone.

Comment

Not sure where to post this but this seems like the correct place?
                          There are a lot of 76+ spells missing level tags on this site so I will break down how you can tell what level a spell is. The parchments that are used to make the spells is how you tell and they have levels on them when you right click on the Arcanum's in this case. Any spell with those Arcanum's determine their level. Spells from Level 76-80 use different Arcanum's and here is the list.
                          For:
                          76 Spells -- Smudged Charta Arcanum -- turned into Rough Charta Arcanum
                          77 Spells -- Sooty Charta Arcanum -- turned into Charta Arcanum
                          78 Spells -- Sooty Fine Charta Arcanum -- turned into Fine Charta Arcanum
                          79 Spells -- Smudged Runic Charta Arcanum -- turned into Charta Arcanum
                          80 Spells -- Stained Fine Runic Charta Arcanum -- turned into Fine Runic Charta Arcanum

Master Researcher 300 with Ethereal Quill Trophy 15%

Comment

Originally posted by santosud View Post
                            Not sure where to post this but this seems like the correct place?
                            There are a lot of 76+ spells missing level tags on this site so I will break down how you can tell what level a spell is. The parchments that are used to make the spells is how you tell and they have levels on them when you right click on the Arcanum's in this case. Any spell with those Arcanum's determine their level. Spells from Level 76-80 use different Arcanum's and here is the list.
                            For:
                            76 Spells -- Smudged Charta Arcanum -- turned into Rough Charta Arcanum
                            77 Spells -- Sooty Charta Arcanum -- turned into Charta Arcanum
                            78 Spells -- Sooty Fine Charta Arcanum -- turned into Fine Charta Arcanum
                            79 Spells -- Smudged Runic Charta Arcanum -- turned into Charta Arcanum
                            80 Spells -- Stained Fine Runic Charta Arcanum -- turned into Fine Runic Charta Arcanum

Master Researcher 300 with Ethereal Quill Trophy 15%
                            http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...r=080105000000

This might help you a little.

I think all of the discovered spells are in the EQTC Database. These forums aren't very active. If you have specific database update requests you'd like to make, please post them in the Database Update forums.

Please note, I do not enter generic information like Charta Arcanum spell scrolls also drop in the Blackburrow (L75-85) zone, but if you have specific mobs that drop items, I will add them.

If you're looking for more accurate, detailed drop information, I highly suggest using www.magelo.com instead of EQTC.

Regarding your comment about Spell: Malosinatia - that spell isn't researchable, but the Rk. II is and the recipe is already in EQTC. I can only enter what information is in Lucy when it comes to information about the spell - not all spells tell you what level they are usable for in the Lucy descriptions.

If you're looking for information regarding what spells you get at what level for a given class, I strongly recommend that you use Alla's instead (it looks like the Database>Spells and Skill search is available without a paid subscription). I don't have functionality available to be to allow the pages to be organized by level and counting on the "paper" to be reliable on what level a spell is goes out the window once you get up to orphic cards because those recipes are all messed up.

Lastly, for the skill up to 350 - you can only get all the way there I think once you're 100, the ability to buy all the AAs is level restricted. ALSO, you don't have to make all the spells to get there once you are 100 with the right AAs purchased. I started at the bottom trivial wise and worked my way up the trivial list and I maxed at 350 somewhere around "paper" (the 71 - 75) level spells. Now I did have a few recipes here and there from making spells for other people as well - but you certainly don't need to go much past paper to max out the number of recipes to get to 350.
                            Last edited by Aanuvane; 12-11-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X