No announcement yet.

Smithers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and all the quoted sources at www.dictionary.com agree that a smithy is a place, not a person -- I'm guessing that calling someone a smithy is a corruption or local slang of some sort.

A smith does his work in a smithy.
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Originally posted by Lilosh
      Bah, EVERY epic has a demeaning nickname.

Clicky Stick
      DuckStaff
      Leafblower.

I forget the rest off hand.... But almost every epic has one.

-Lilosh
      The Duck-Staff of Doom & the LeafBlower are the most famous... The Snake-Stick & "Clicky" slightly less so.

The "Holy Hilt" has also been called "The Sword of Flaming Donuts".

The Warrior Epic has often been called the "Lightsaber", but that's not exactly demeaning...

I am unaware of nicknames for the SK, Shaman, Mage, Bard, Wizard, Ranger, Monk or Beastlord Epics.
      Angelsyn Whitewings, Cleric of Tunare for 66! Seasons.
      Grandmistress Smith - 300, Grandmistress Tailor - 300, Potter - 300, Jeweler - 300, Brewer - 200, Baker - 200, Fletcher - 200, Fisherwoman - 169
      Keyne Falconer, Paladin of Erollisi Marr for 66 Seasons.
      Grandmistress Baker - 300, Grandmistress Blacksmith - 300, Potter - 200, Brewer - 139, Tailor - 91

Comment

Originally posted by Angelsyn
        The Warrior Epic has often been called the "Lightsaber", but that's not exactly demeaning...
        I call my friend's warrior epic a toothpick :P
        (He usually only uses the off-hand one, and is a halfling )
        Ilona - Gwenae - Amarantha - Deandra - Minim

Comment

I am unaware of nicknames for the SK, Shaman, Mage, Bard, Wizard, Ranger, Monk or Beastlord Epics.
          We mages often call our epic the Skittle Stick (due to its four bright gemstones and the particle trail it leaves behind) or Rattler.

I hear skittle stick used more often though.

Comment

I hear ranger being called "lightning rods" a lot, and a few other things too :P
            I like sword of flaming donuts! appropriate somehow...

I can now add fletcherist to the list of things I've been called. And my baker got called a bakist the other day (actually a bakism, but then they apologized for the mispelling and said bakist). I need to start getting screenshots of these things, too funny sometimes. And I ask everytime, and all say English is their first language.
            Retired -
            Avelyna, 69 ranger
            Tiadari, 62 druid
            Syrarri, 52 beastlord
            Rodcet Nife

Comment

Wizards call our epic Staff of the Four, for that it its name thank-you-very-much.
              Quesci Jinete, 70 Wizard on Quellious, an Everquest server
              Officer of Wraith

Comment

Wizards call our epic Staff of the Four, for that it its name thank-you-very-much.
                And when you die, its a four-on-the-floor

Comment

Enumerin :
                  Suddenly reminded me of the 'Seamstresses' guild in Ankh-Morpork.

And the 'Real Seamstress' in Nightwatch.

heh heh
                  "A survey by the Ankh-Morpork Guild of Merchants of tradespeople in the dock areas of Ankh-Morpork found 987 women who gave their profession as "seamstress." Oh ... and two needles."

I absolutely love Terry Pratchett
                  Annywynn Picnicmaker
                  Druzzil Ro
                  Grandmaster Baker - 250
                  Tailoring - 159
                  Smithing - 100
                  Brewing - 188

Comment

Ive been called - smith, smither, smithist, smitherer, smithie, smithy, dude who smithes

to epics -

Bard - 'The Gay Blade'
                    Beastlord - Claws (original huh)
                    Cleric - Clickstick
                    Druid - Leafblower
                    Enchanter - Speedstick
                    Mage - The Rainbow
                    Monk - Bubbles
                    Necro - Duck
                    Paladin - Hilt
                    Ranger - Corpse Locating Devices
                    Rogue - freebringer / yawnbringer
                    Shadowknight - dunno
                    Warrior - Lightsabers / toothpicks
                    Wizard - Bullseye
                    I am http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=429465> Duke Barraind Faylestar, Lord Protector src="http://web.ecomplanet.com/SPEL4787/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/SPEL4787CustomImage
                    039239.gif" />of The Elitists and
                    Vagrants
                    Don't "just play". Win. Never trust a man on the merit of
                    what he once was or will be. Only trust what he is.
                    EV Paladin - It's About Honor, Its About Loyalty, Its About Respect

<--- (the red x) is what happens when people complain to something other then your face~

Comment

SK Epics do have a bit of respect...

Innoruuk's Curse is sometimes referred to as "The Curse."

Those of us who have or are working on Greenmist call it by its full, formal name. It's short enough for all the work you have to do to get it.
                      --"Captain" Antoin Nolouj
                      59th Dark Knight, Absolved
                      Firiona Vie

((DISCLAIMER: If I say something's tradeable, please don't tell me I'm wrong.))

Comment

The "Holy Hilt" has also been called "The Sword of Flaming Donuts".
                        It is "Marshmalllow Burner" thank you very much.

Some folks call the cleric epic a "noodle" (hah, no click for you!).
                        While the necro epic looks like duck on a stick, its really a sarnak skull.
                        Noteblower is one slang term for the bard epic.

Comment

We called a friend's duckstick the Pez Dispenser; his old siggy used to include a Disney duck (the black duck, not Donald) Pez Dispenser picture, too.

He had emotes dispensing pez to folks.
                          Aquila Swiftspirit *** Harmony of Souls

Comment

I hate it when ranger epics are call lightning rods... they arent rods at all.. Necro epic is most famously "The Duck" and it seems every other necro seems to have a huge flaming problem with everything related with thier epic and then the rest seem to love and adore it :roll:
                            I seem to be quite familiar with the term smithy.. and I seriously wish people would look up trivials before they go looking to get something combined... /sigh
                            Aarkan Heartsting -- Vah Shir Ranger Quellious Server
                            Chibbodee Crocket -- Vah Shir Warrior Stromm Server

Comment

We called a friend's duckstick the Pez Dispenser; his old siggy used to include a Disney duck (the black duck, not Donald) Pez Dispenser picture, too.
                              Daffy Duck is a creation of Warner Brothers Studios. Not sure wether he was created by Tex Avery, but was certainly made famous by him.
                              Sister Railina
                              You live and learn. Or you don't live long. --R.A.H.

This comic turned me into a total fan-girl.

Comment

Smither is an occupational last name, a trade. My maiden name is Smither, so I have done the research on my father's family name. Smither comes from smithing, i.e., blacksmith, or any of the smith occupational trades. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X