Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fresh start?

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?id=55565

That is a new server that will be opened that will not allow transfers (for at least 6 months, possibly never).

Meaning everyone will be starting out again from the very begining.

So, what would you do if you had a fresh start?

What character/class would you make?

How would you survive in an untwinked world?

Is anyone planning on making a fresh start on this server?
    Newb Tradeskiller Extraordinairé.

Baron Sorcerer of 62 levels and 2555 quads. Proud owner of the Sixth Shawl . Retired

Oh My Diety! Someone at SOE has been reading this board or someone from here actually made a suggestion to somebody that could do something about it.

I think my brain just exploded.....................I have no idea. It would mean leaving behind everyone I know on Quellious but to be the first one to craft a piece of armor or GM a tradeskill..........tempted, don't know if I should fight the temptation or give in............................My cerebellum is fusing.......................arrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhgg ggggg.
    Pottery 159 Tailoring 188 Brewing 170 Baking 178 Smithing 205 Alchemy 114, Fishing 35, JC 15, Fletching 0

Comment

I plan on taking about a week break personally to devote to this.

I will create a character there, and try to be among the first to do a few things on the server.

I'd love some company from here, it would be very interesting. I figure if I give it a week, and see what happens, I've given it a shot.

Currently I plan for my main to be a Gnome Enchanter.... so sue me, I want to have a chance at 2 tradeskills .

If we could get a full group from here to "PL" eachother we can get untwinked up in levels fairly quickly to the mid 30's at least... tradeskill raids would not be unhead of either .

I was 3 years late for EQ, so this is a great thing for me...

Baron Sorcerer of 62 levels and 2555 quads. Proud owner of the Sixth Shawl . Retired

Comment

I love the idea. In theory.

The thing that first sucked me into EQ was the challenge and the excitement of doing "new" things.

Tunare, my home server, was the first server added after the "live" date. Granted it was only 3 days after the live date for EQ, but still.

The world was new, and trips from Qeynos to Freeport were fraught with peril. The highest level players in the first week were in the low teens, and few were brave enough to try it. Teleports were next to unheard of, and someone wearing ringmail or bronze was a god.

You'll have some fun, I know you will. But as for me, I'm staying where I am comfortably level 60 and have resources. It's taken me 4 years to get where I am now in-game, and I don't relish doing it all from scratch.

That said, I want to know what happens when you do. Heck, I might even be tempted to stop by and visit.

~Lothay
        Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
        EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Comment

From what I was told, venthril was going to be a No transfer for 6 months server as well.

Or was that Maelin?

Regardless, there were/are some very angry people who resulted from that broken promise.

But if SoE sticks to their guns on this, I'm in. A human , of some kind. Maybe a Paladin, or SK....

-Lilosh
          Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
          President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
          Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Either one and you can be the tank in my group .

Just need a healer and we can OWN blackburrow within hours of the server going Live.

Especially since they made newbie spells mem faster, Woot!!

Comment

Well, I've done it once. My original server was Rodcet Nife and my husband and I decided to move to Tholuxe Paells when it opened. I originally made a dwarven cleric, gave up in disgust til the first week was done (300 newbie dwarves plus a few elves in Butcherblock) and eventually decided I didn't care for her, and started Heartsong the barbarian warrior.

Heartsong Steelsoul
              50th level warrioress of the north.

Comment

Originally posted by Lothay
                The world was new, and trips from Qeynos to Freeport were fraught with peril. The highest level players in the first week were in the low teens, and few were brave enough to try it. Teleports were next to unheard of, and someone wearing ringmail or bronze was a god.
                Even with the new server and no transfers, it can't be the same. With soulbinders, Nexus spires and PoP clicky books, the peril of travel "old school" has no meaning. I think that the original game many "old time players" experienced (and I'm certainly not saying I was one of them - I only played for 2.5 years) will never be accomplished again unless they take out the Nexus and PoP book ports and soulbinders to shorten your walk if you die.

Then make people walk from Erudin to Ak'kanon...=)

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Butcherblock Oak Bark Map, hosted by Kentarre!
                Reztarn's Guide to Finding Yew Leaves
                Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

Originally posted by Chenier
                  Then make people walk from Erudin to Ak'kanon...=)
                  You laugh, but I've done that, or something very similar to it. Died just on the Qeynos side of WK and was bound in Freeport. I knew I should have bound in Highpass Hold. Oh well..... I even remember a day when you could make money binding people. *gasp*

Call me old and lazy, but I like the PoP books and the Nexus, but I also have a druid husband so I can get just about anywhere anytime.
                  Reala - Kitty Bard - AKA Mrs. Gwyr

Comment

I am very split on the PoK books...

The spires make you wait 15 minutes, which is a good way to kinda ease travel, but not totally trivialize it.

The books I have always thought should charge you, in accordance with your level.

My idea was 1pp ever level you are, so a level 50 guy pays 50pp for the convienience of using the book, and a level 1 guy pays 1pp.

Anyhow, I am basically over it now . On the new server it will make life a whole lot easier, and is the primary reason I will create an enchanter, and not another wizard.

Comment

In my day we walked uphill both ways to the nearest dungeon. In the snow. And when we got there, the mobs just killed us. And we LIKED it.

*snicker*

Chenier - You're right. The "old school" will never come back. And in many ways, I'm happy about that. I started playing 3 days after commercial release. When /consent let someone LOOT your corpse. When the clipping plane was NOT adjustable. When getting to level 8 to get meditate (for a shaman) took weeks. When the spires were a mystery because wizards weren't high enough to have teleport spells. When going to a new zone usually meant a lost corpse.

I don't miss those days. Sure, I had some fun. But the way things have been improved or simplified makes the game much more enjoyable to me.

But then again, I'm happy being level 60 with a large stable of alts/twinks. I'm not sure I'd want to start from scratch.

~Lothay
                      Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
                      EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Comment

There is one thing that has my extremely curious about the new server and that is to see how the economy shapes up. With no transfers and macros mostly dead (Huzzah), the relative value of goods will be interesting. Stuff that you can't give away on the old servers will have value but the amount of platinum out there will be more limited.
                        Pottery 159 Tailoring 188 Brewing 170 Baking 178 Smithing 205 Alchemy 114, Fishing 35, JC 15, Fletching 0

Comment

Hey, maybe we should all make new toons on the server and then start a new guild thier, "DenMom's Childern" that would be a cool little guild. Something to do when your main is killed 3 times in one day.... What ya think?
                          Enfiniti Starr
                          Pathfinder of the great Rain God, Karana
                          Ayonae Ro

Comment

Denmom's Children - I like it! Sign me up. I will make a Shammy or Cleric, Delfontes.

Comment

hehe

Sounds like a plan, but we'd better ask the Denmom if that is ok with her .

Toss up there Quin, it'd be nice to have someone to bring us back to our corpses in a rez form, but Shammy buffs are very nice for the tanks .

Actually thinking about it, if it is a small group of regulars, Shammy/Enchanter overlap more than Cleric/Enchanter, but I'm not one to care, this is for fun .

Whichever you'd most enjoy playing would be fun

Comment

Working...
                              X