New chart posted: Quick Reference Trivial Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New chart posted: Quick Reference Trivial Chart

I just posted a new tool on my tradeskilling guide page that may be helpful to some people. It is a 3-page Quick Reference Trivial Chart that lists the following, for levels 16-249:

- percent change of succeeding an item at trivial level
    - percent change of succeeding an item at trivial level with a geerlok
    - skill level needed to achieve 95% success at a particular item level
    - skill level needed to achieve 95% success at a particular item level with a geerlok

I made it for myself because I like knowing when it is "safe" to attempt certain higher-level smithing items without really having an abysmal chance of success.

It is based on the formula of success = (skill - (trivial X 0.75)) + 51.5, which seems to be one of the more widely accepted formulas. Even if it isn't perfect, it's a decent guideline.

I only went to 249 because I don't know of any items that triv right at 250, and because so many of the items are >250 and we don't know their real trivial levels.

Like my other guides, it's in PDF form.

http://www.crimsonsnow.org/pdfs/guides.html

...Zera
    Baroness Zeralenn Mancdaman - 58 Dark Elven SHD - Smithing (214)
    Baroness Milletoux Fleau'chevilles - 66 Gnome CLE (Epic) - Tinkering (222), Pottery (215)
    Csimene Penombra - 64 Human MAG (Epic) - Brewing (250) (Trophy), Tailoring, Smithing, Pottery, Research, Fletching, Jewelcraft & Baking (200)

You know what would be a nifty tool...

For lazy people like myself, I want to be able to type my skill, and the trivial of an item, and have it tell me my % chance of success.

Hoop dream, or simple function someone can write up?
    Newb Tradeskiller Extraordinairé.

Baron Sorcerer of 62 levels and 2555 quads. Proud owner of the Sixth Shawl . Retired

Comment

I have such a tool. It's a very tiny excel spreadsheet I made based on help I got here at this website.

The formula I used is slightly different that the one mentioned above, in that it is different when the Trivial is below 68. The excel version is:

=MAX(5,MIN(95,IF(Trivial>=68,(Skill-(Trivial*0.75))+51.5,Skill+66-Trivial)))*0.01

In English this says:

Success* = Skill - 0.75*Trivial + 51.5 (for Trivial>= 68 )
      Success* = Skill - Trivial + 66 (for Trivial < 68 )

I would love to email this to someone at this website so it can be available. it only has three cells:

Your Skill Level {entered by you}
      Item's Trivial {entered by you}
      and
      Chance of Success {Spit out by Excel}

If someone emails me at [email protected], I can email it and hopefully it can be placed on this site for easy access, as I don't currently have an easily accessed webspace to make it available.

Andy

p.s. I just created a slightly more sophsiticated version to take geerlocks into account. I assumed that a geerlock made it so that your skill was multiplied by 1.05 in the equation above. Assuming that's correct, the new sheet contains

Your Base Skill Level {entered by you}
      Item's Trivial {entered by you}
      Base Chance of Success {spit out by Excel}
      Using Geerlock {entered by you, "yes" or "no"}
      Your Modified Skill Level {spit out by Excel}
      Modified Chance of Success {spit out by Excel}

(by the way, if your base skill is below the trivial and your geerlock-modified skill is above the trivial, can you get a skill increase?)
      (by the way, is there any known formula for the probability of a skill increase?)
      Andyhre playing Guiscard, 78th-level Ranger, E`ci (Tunare)
      Master Artisan (2100 Club), Wielder of the Fully Functional Artisan's Charm, Proud carrier of the 8th shawl

with occasion to call upon Gnomedeguerre, 16th-level Wizard, Master Tinker, E`ci (Tunare)

and in shouting range of Vassl Ofguiscard, 73rd-level Enchanter, GM Jewelcrafter, E`ci (Tunare)

Comment

Originally posted by andyhre
        (by the way, if your base skill is below the trivial and your geerlock-modified skill is above the trivial, can you get a skill increase?)
        Yes.

--Myrron
        Myrron Lifewarder, <Celestial Navigators>, Retired

Grandmaster Tailor ( 250 ) Master Brewer ( 200 ) Master Fletcher ( 200 ) Master Jewelcrafter ( 200 ) Master Smith ( 200 ) Master Baker ( 191 ) Master Potter ( 190 )

Comment

So powa ~

Comment

I can post my trivial calculator also -- I have a little MS Excel tool I made to use just for that purpose. Type in your skill and it will tell you that stuff.

I've just hestitated to post Excel spreadsheets because people then start getting weirded out about macro viruses.

...Zera
            Baroness Zeralenn Mancdaman - 58 Dark Elven SHD - Smithing (214)
            Baroness Milletoux Fleau'chevilles - 66 Gnome CLE (Epic) - Tinkering (222), Pottery (215)
            Csimene Penombra - 64 Human MAG (Epic) - Brewing (250) (Trophy), Tailoring, Smithing, Pottery, Research, Fletching, Jewelcraft & Baking (200)

Comment

I've got a web based tool that uses the above formula. If anybodies interested I can post it up on my website. It currently only works in Internet Explorer, but I can remedy that if I get enough call for it
              Windlord Ragebringer
              Lvl 26 Rogue, Bristlebane - Povar Server
              180 Baking
              156 Pottery
              150 Brewing
              130 Fishing
              54 Make Poison

Comment

Working...
              X