Another new smithing guide: Smithing for Tailors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new smithing guide: Smithing for Tailors

As most of you know, I recently finished a smithing guide -- THE ECONOMICAL SMITH -- an 83-page PDF on skilling up in blacksmithing.

I just finished a smaller guide (about 40 pages) called SMITHING FOR TAILORS, containing some relevant material from THE ECONOMICAL SMITH specifically to help tailors who aren't necessarily interested in smithing as an end in itself, but rather how best to get their smithing to necessary levels to support tailoring.

Not only does it list ways to progress in smithing, but lets you know exactly how far you need to get your smithing to achieve 95% success in the pieces you need to accomplish -- without having to buy a smithing geerlok and depending on your race and your goals.

The guide is totally free and available for download:

Smithing for Tailors, Edition 1.0

Feedback, comments, corrections, and nitpicking always welcome.

...Zera
    Baroness Zeralenn Mancdaman - 58 Dark Elven SHD - Smithing (214)
    Baroness Milletoux Fleau'chevilles - 66 Gnome CLE (Epic) - Tinkering (222), Pottery (215)
    Csimene Penombra - 64 Human MAG (Epic) - Brewing (250) (Trophy), Tailoring, Smithing, Pottery, Research, Fletching, Jewelcraft & Baking (200)

If you feel like running a few more experiments on skilling up, try this: skill a bunch of brewers up to 135 using both your methods detailed (brute force up to the top, and closest recipee to the next trivial-aka "mixed") and a 3rd method that I feel provides better skill up rate: 10-30 below current trivial. Basicaly, choose a recipee thats about 20 to 30 (closer to 30 is perfered) above your current skill level, and go with it untill you reach 10 below the trivial and switch to the next recipee. I think you'll find it works even better than trying to reach each and every trivial. I can certainly understand if you don't feel like doing this much mind numming work (1-42 is alot easier than 1-135), but I followed this for JC and it works wonders.

Oh, and an easy recipee for 135 is kiola nut and flask of water to make tumpy tonic. Available from sisters of erosi in Ocean of Tears. Get a druid/wiz to bind there, fill bags with nuts, bind, port to your brewer (suggest pok), dump and make return trip while brewer starts clicking. There are other recipees that are all obtainable in PoK but their alot more clicking.
    Tailoring, why did I ever start tailoring? *sob*

Comment

The kiola nut recipe never worked well for me because I am both KOS to the sisters and not a porter.

...Zera
      Baroness Zeralenn Mancdaman - 58 Dark Elven SHD - Smithing (214)
      Baroness Milletoux Fleau'chevilles - 66 Gnome CLE (Epic) - Tinkering (222), Pottery (215)
      Csimene Penombra - 64 Human MAG (Epic) - Brewing (250) (Trophy), Tailoring, Smithing, Pottery, Research, Fletching, Jewelcraft & Baking (200)

Comment

I hate to mention this, but cross-posting is against the rules here. I'd ask for one thread to be closed and focus all responses in the other. You have some responses in the tailoring forum already, might want to make that one your primary thread.

--Myrron
        Myrron Lifewarder, <Celestial Navigators>, Retired

Grandmaster Tailor ( 250 ) Master Brewer ( 200 ) Master Fletcher ( 200 ) Master Jewelcrafter ( 200 ) Master Smith ( 200 ) Master Baker ( 191 ) Master Potter ( 190 )

Comment

Working...
        X