Farming spiderling silk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farming spiderling silk...

Having to make alot of pads for smithing, and I was just wondering what you guys thought were the best zones to farm spiderling silks in? Not really checked around the old world myself, but right now I've just been farming around the first inn (one closest to freeport) and along the road in EC.

I would go to Innothule Swamp. Now that it is the Froggie homeland, it is home to a plethora of spiderlings which gladly drop spiderling silks with but the merest of coaxing.
    Uban the Wizard
    Luclin (formerly of Stormhammer (formerly of Bristlebane))

Comment

I second this -- Innothule is THE place. Hunt around the Gukta zone if you aren't KOS to frogs. Also vendor-mine the vendors in Gukta.

Druids and rangers beware: the froggie guards hate wolf form.

...Zera
      Baroness Zeralenn Mancdaman - 58 Dark Elven SHD - Smithing (214)
      Baroness Milletoux Fleau'chevilles - 66 Gnome CLE (Epic) - Tinkering (222), Pottery (215)
      Csimene Penombra - 64 Human MAG (Epic) - Brewing (250) (Trophy), Tailoring, Smithing, Pottery, Research, Fletching, Jewelcraft & Baking (200)

Comment

Thanks guys for the help.

Comment

I'll third it. If you can swing a weapon for more than 20 damage points, spiderlings go down in one hit. You look up after stealing their silk, and you see 3 more spiderlings wandering about. I can get a backpack full in like half an hour.

--Myrron
          Myrron Lifewarder, <Celestial Navigators>, Retired

Grandmaster Tailor ( 250 ) Master Brewer ( 200 ) Master Fletcher ( 200 ) Master Jewelcrafter ( 200 ) Master Smith ( 200 ) Master Baker ( 191 ) Master Potter ( 190 )

Comment

I always like(d) to use Ferott around the Druid port in. Spiderlings and the slightly larger ones drop lots if spiderling silks, and are plentiful. I was able to get 2 backpacks full in about 2 hours.

(In another life, on another server....)

Comment

Innothule is definately the place. Played my baby fribbit cleric, and had 5 stacks in about 30 minutes, and this was while sitting down and healing, and waiting on zone times after dying.
              http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=344207Sikle Bellamorte, 56 Defilerhttp://pub238.ezboard.com/bthepowderroom77512The Powder Room-Real Women DO Play Everquest

Comment

re

I recently went to feerott and got about 160+ spiderling silks in less than an hour. I played my baby frog in inno and they were plentiful as well.

i second checking vendors too. check the ones in feerott and in gukta. you will be pleasantly surprised =) oh btw if you are a druid or ranger, you can use wolf form to shop with the ogres if you don't have the faction for them.
                Kiatek Elvenfyre
                Storm Warden

Comment

I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned everlost
                  great place around the ramp area leading to halas plus you also have a chance to get bear skins from the countless polar bears
                  best laloin

Comment

Adding my vote for Innothule also. /pet kill crab is awesome.

Comment

well, there is always

Just to be different, I'll suggest Misty Thicket. Between the spiderlings and the large wood spiders you have a pretty good shot at finding a mob with some spiderling silk on it.

C

Chase
                      Half-Elven Ranger of Tunare
                      66 seasons wandering the wood in defense of Her creatures
                      Chivalrous Valor
                      Firiona Vie

Comment

If you care about getting in the way of newbies, I'd go for Feerott; there are a lot more young frogs hopping around than ogres at this point, and about equal numbers of young barbarians and ogres (I would guess), but Everfrost is way too easy to get irretrievably lost in. :?
                        Velurian
                        70 Enchanter, E'ci

Comment

I used to hunt spiderling silks in the ogre swamp as well, as I could gather a lot more silks there then I could in places like East Commons or Everfrost. But I can now gather two or three times as many silks in the newbie froggie area as I can anywhere else. At first I didn’t want to hunt them in that area because I didn’t want to take kills away from the young frogs. But since the initial frog run when the expansion first came out, the area is no longer hunted very much, at least not on Seventh Hammer. I had to go hunting about three times while making fine plate and I never saw more than five players there at a time and most of the time it was only one or two.

Even with my spirit puppy killing every spiderling he could sink his teeth into, there were plenty of other spiderling running around. And even if there weren’t, there are a lot of mobs in the area for the tadpoles to hunt. It’s a great starting zone. And since I was there with my shaman, I’d buff the newbies with sow, regen, haste and HoS. Amazingly, they didn’t seem to mind my being there. :P
                          Pait Spiritwalker
                          63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
                          The Seventh Hammer

Comment

If you aren't KOS to frogs, the newb vendor by the Gukta zone in the swamp generally has stacks of spiderling silks and zombie skins.
                            Daeanor EndarionTabbaenor Grimclaw
                            Daen Eaglestrike
                            FraeknorZaeaznorGritz

Comment

That vendor rarely has any since on Terris-Thule he is constantly mined.
                              Liwsa 75 Druid Prexus - Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X