Thread: Farming spiderling silk...

Visitor

Farming spiderling silk...

Having to make alot of pads for smithing, and I was just wondering what you guys thought were the best zones to farm spiderling silks in? Not really checked around the old world myself, but right now I've just been farming around the first inn (one closest to freeport) and along the road in EC.

Trader
    I would go to Innothule Swamp. Now that it is the Froggie homeland, it is home to a plethora of spiderlings which gladly drop spiderling silks with but the merest of coaxing.
    Uban the Wizard
    Luclin (formerly of Stormhammer (formerly of Bristlebane))

Trader
    I second this -- Innothule is THE place. Hunt around the Gukta zone if you aren't KOS to frogs. Also vendor-mine the vendors in Gukta.

Druids and rangers beware: the froggie guards hate wolf form.

...Zera
    Baroness Zeralenn Mancdaman - 58 Dark Elven SHD - Smithing (214)
    Baroness Milletoux Fleau'chevilles - 66 Gnome CLE (Epic) - Tinkering (222), Pottery (215)
    Csimene Penombra - 64 Human MAG (Epic) - Brewing (250) (Trophy), Tailoring, Smithing, Pottery, Research, Fletching, Jewelcraft & Baking (200)

Visitor
    Thanks guys for the help.

I'll third it. If you can swing a weapon for more than 20 damage points, spiderlings go down in one hit. You look up after stealing their silk, and you see 3 more spiderlings wandering about. I can get a backpack full in like half an hour.

--Myrron
    Myrron Lifewarder, <Celestial Navigators>, Retired

Grandmaster Tailor ( 250 ) Master Brewer ( 200 ) Master Fletcher ( 200 ) Master Jewelcrafter ( 200 ) Master Smith ( 200 ) Master Baker ( 191 ) Master Potter ( 190 )

Visitor
    I always like(d) to use Ferott around the Druid port in. Spiderlings and the slightly larger ones drop lots if spiderling silks, and are plentiful. I was able to get 2 backpacks full in about 2 hours.

(In another life, on another server....)

Hobbyist
    Innothule is definately the place. Played my baby fribbit cleric, and had 5 stacks in about 30 minutes, and this was while sitting down and healing, and waiting on zone times after dying.

Hobbyist

re

I recently went to feerott and got about 160+ spiderling silks in less than an hour. I played my baby frog in inno and they were plentiful as well.

i second checking vendors too. check the ones in feerott and in gukta. you will be pleasantly surprised =) oh btw if you are a druid or ranger, you can use wolf form to shop with the ogres if you don't have the faction for them.
    Kiatek Elvenfyre
    Storm Warden

Visitor
    I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned everlost
    great place around the ramp area leading to halas plus you also have a chance to get bear skins from the countless polar bears
    best laloin

Hobbyist
    Adding my vote for Innothule also. /pet kill crab is awesome.

Apprentice Trader

well, there is always

Just to be different, I'll suggest Misty Thicket. Between the spiderlings and the large wood spiders you have a pretty good shot at finding a mob with some spiderling silk on it.

C

Apprentice Trader
    If you care about getting in the way of newbies, I'd go for Feerott; there are a lot more young frogs hopping around than ogres at this point, and about equal numbers of young barbarians and ogres (I would guess), but Everfrost is way too easy to get irretrievably lost in. :?
    Velurian
    70 Enchanter, E'ci

Expert Trader
    I used to hunt spiderling silks in the ogre swamp as well, as I could gather a lot more silks there then I could in places like East Commons or Everfrost. But I can now gather two or three times as many silks in the newbie froggie area as I can anywhere else. At first I didnít want to hunt them in that area because I didnít want to take kills away from the young frogs. But since the initial frog run when the expansion first came out, the area is no longer hunted very much, at least not on Seventh Hammer. I had to go hunting about three times while making fine plate and I never saw more than five players there at a time and most of the time it was only one or two.

Even with my spirit puppy killing every spiderling he could sink his teeth into, there were plenty of other spiderling running around. And even if there werenít, there are a lot of mobs in the area for the tadpoles to hunt. Itís a great starting zone. And since I was there with my shaman, Iíd buff the newbies with sow, regen, haste and HoS. Amazingly, they didnít seem to mind my being there. :P
    Pait Spiritwalker
    63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
    The Seventh Hammer

If you aren't KOS to frogs, the newb vendor by the Gukta zone in the swamp generally has stacks of spiderling silks and zombie skins.

Expert Trader
    That vendor rarely has any since on Terris-Thule he is constantly mined.

Visitor

Little talked about zones

Just thought I'd add my 2cp worth, when I recently made an erudite necro, I realized the Paineel Erudites were the last to recaive newbie armor quests before they stopped making them (sux for the Erudin residents, as well as barbs, trolls, ogres, iksar, and kitties). Anyways, I found a lot of not only spiderlings, but spiders as well, outside Paineel, a long with some nice silk rope things that sold for 1 gp plus each, was nice to earn some money as a lowbie, I also found a great place to collect spider silk in Nektulos, but anyway,yeah, to little farmed zones, might be useful.

Sillen Stouthealer
    48 Halfling
    Preist of Bristlebane
    7th Hammer
    Proud member of Disciples of Stone

Apprentice Trader Zyrtryx Conjureblade's Avatar
    Actually, if you don't want to get in the way of newbies hunting for exp, I recommend North Ro.

Any newbies hunting in the grassy area there are probably either farming silks themselves or are TRUE newbies, since there are better mobs to hunt at that lvl elsewhere (like EC).

(And unless there's been a patch recently, check out Murissa Sandwhisper. She has plenty of silks for sale quite often. Just remember she's on the Derv faction, so don't use a character who has killed Dervs to buy from her)

Visitor
    Everfrost!! In a few hours I leave with backpacks full of spiderling silk, plus the pelts and wolf meat. I just run back and forth from the ramp to Bandl (the guard) at the edge of the tundra. No tracking necessary, no running all over the place... I take this route back and forth.
    Brial Mobslayer, Overlady
    Nayeedah Sanadora, Archon
    Baking 250
    Smithing 220
    Jewelcraft 220
    Brewing 220
    Pottery 206
    Fletching 202